PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Valco Twin Runabout

dukie41181
01-16-2011, 01:33 AM
One just came up on an area craigslist and I'm intersted for my sister. Its listed for $200 ($175 if picked up this weekend). I just emailed and am hoping its still available as my sister doesn't want the $700 price tag for the Twin Trimode! My question is whether this particular model takes a 3rd seat? If so, is it still something that can be purchased anywhere?

Thanks!

dukie41181
01-16-2011, 02:02 AM
If I'm seeing correctly it also appears to have a single hood rather than individual, right? Are there other major changes between the 2004 Runabout and the more current Trimode?

roseyloxs
01-16-2011, 10:15 AM
I would call Valco and ask what Toddler seat to look for. I think you need an older model but I don't which years, but Valco should.

The most obvious difference is the lack of trimode. There is just two modes, fixed and swivel (no 45 degree lock).

RunnerDuck
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I had a 2005 single runabout for a while and I never could figure out why having the 45 degree option was a big deal. I never even locked the wheels on it. (it only had lock and swivel - I never found myself wishing for 45 degrees) It was a great stroller. It took a single toddler seat but I don't know if there are differences between the current seats and the old ones...

roseyloxs
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I briefly owned an '05 runabout single as well. I bought it with the toddler seat. The toddler seat was definitely different from the newer ones. The new ones have a much taller seatback. I imagined the 45 degree helps when you are going over rocky terrain but don't want to lock the wheels. 45 degree lock would prevent the wheel from going sideways and potentially tipping the stroller. I just made that up though, so maybe I am wrong.

Smillow
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
On Facebook recently, I beleive that Valco stated that the new toddler seats could fit on any year Valco (I think).

Off to check...

dukie41181
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
On Facebook recently, I beleive that Valco stated that the new toddler seats could fit on any year Valco (I think).

Off to check...

I can't find them on facebook. What am I missing?

ETA: When I googled it I was able to find them but when I searched from facebook, no dice! Odd but I figured it out!