PDA

View Full Version : BBB clearance (YMMV)

LMPC
01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
All Xmas stuff at mine was 75% off. Still a lot of gift baskets and mug sets. But they also had random (good) stuff! Nice curtain rods for about $10. Shamwows for $5 a pack. 2 packs of white paper table clothes for .23. Thought those would be good for arts and crafts projects. Discovery kids toys (including the digital camera) were also on sale. Camera was $17 (down from $30. All these prices are BEFORE coupons, since obviously depending on which ones you have, the prices will be lower.

ETA: Almost forgot...they also had Eagle Creek pack bags (the envelope looking bags that supposedly keep your clothes from wrinkling when you pack them) for $5 or $7 depending on the size.

mikala
01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
ETA: Almost forgot...they also had Eagle Creek pack bags (the envelope looking bags that supposedly keep your clothes from wrinkling when you pack them) for $5 or $7 depending on the size.

Were the Eagle Creek bags the packing folders like this?

http://www.ebags.com/product/eagle-creek/pack-it-folder-18/147919?productid=10019024

If so, that's an awesome price!! I've rarely seen them on sale beyond 25% and I don't think think I've ever seen them at our store. I've traveled a ton for work and the envelopes really do help prevent wrinkles in dress clothes. Thanks for sharing!!

LMPC
01-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Were the Eagle Creek bags the packing folders like this?

http://www.ebags.com/product/eagle-creek/pack-it-folder-18/147919?productid=10019024

If so, that's an awesome price!! I've rarely seen them on sale beyond 25% and I don't think think I've ever seen them at our store. I've traveled a ton for work and the envelopes really do help prevent wrinkles in dress clothes. Thanks for sharing!!

Yep, that's what they were. Not sure if EC makes more than one tier of these (meaning some that are better quality)...but the style was that exactly.

mikala
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Yep, that's what they were. Not sure if EC makes more than one tier of these (meaning some that are better quality)...but the style was that exactly.

Even if they do multiple tiers this is probably a decent price. Mine is over 5 years old and has traveled over a hundred trips and looks brand new. An envelope+ packing cubes is my go-to graduation gift. Not the most glamorous gift around but oh so useful.

I think you just added an errand to tomorrow's list :)

azmaple
01-17-2011, 12:20 AM
thanks for the info on these. i hadn't heard of them and have kept my head in the sand on things like this since the kiddos arrived. i like to believe that my world traveling days will resume in the not so distant future so this would be a step toward that goal.

nupe
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the tip.
I love the zippered cases. I'm not a huge fan of the envelopes bc of the velcro, and how it can stick to my clothes.
Nevertheless, the EC cases were not marked down at my BB&B...