PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get Hanna unders on sale?

twowhat?
01-17-2011, 01:22 AM
I have a feeling I'm going to bite the bullet and "invest" in Hanna unders for the girls. Especially after today when DD2 complained about the leg openings (she said they "hurt her butt") in her Baby Gap hipsters, which look PLENTY comfy to me!

What's the best way to get these on sale? And when do they typically go on sale?

mshen
01-17-2011, 03:23 AM
Eos, I think its $ 10 or $ 12 for a 3-pack. If you need it bad, $ 28 for 6-pack is a decent deal.

mshen
01-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Forgot to say, if you catch a outlet sale, its $ 3 a pair. Basically it doesn't go down that much. So just buy whenever you want.

elbert
01-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I've called the outlet to stock up twice when they went down to $3/pair.

I have NO regrets for switching...DD never complains when wearing them, and always had some issue when she was wearing the few non-HA pairs we hadn't weeded out yet.

TOTALLY worth it...even though I definitely thought it was ridiculous at first...

resipsaloquitur
01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I've called the outlet to stock up twice when they went down to $3/pair.

I have NO regrets for switching...DD never complains when wearing them, and always had some issue when she was wearing the few non-HA pairs we hadn't weeded out yet.

TOTALLY worth it...even though I definitely thought it was ridiculous at first...

:yeahthat:

Melaine
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
My girls love these. We got them when they were $3 at the outlets like pp mentioned, they came out to $5 each shipped with the ridiculous shopping charges. I probably should have gotten more.

That being said, I DID find some made by Fruit of the Loom that my girls seem to like just as well. They aren't as thick or soft, but the seams do not bother them at all. They are cotton covered as opposed to plain elastic like most. So if you cheap out you might want to look for them. I got them at Walmart and cannot seem to find them online, but I will try to get the name if anyone else is interested.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-17-2011, 11:32 PM
I like the organicness, no chemicals near her junk. I switched to organic panties for me too, more than any other part of your body it seemed important.

flatlander802
01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I discovered that the outlet price is normally $4.50 a pair if you buy multiples (I think 3 or more). I ordered a few in different sizes to figure out what size DD needs; it turned out she needed an XS even though she wears 100 in other Hannas. (Also the sales person was really helpful when I asked "is there anything on sale that I should be interested in?")

If your child is really picky about colors, ordering from the outlet means you don't get stuck with a yellow, orange or some other less favored color that comes in the 3-packs from the non-outlet.

lchang25000
01-19-2011, 10:19 AM
I think they are currently on sale, but not for $3 a pair. Call the outlets to find out.

Melaine
01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
I like the organicness, no chemicals near her junk. I switched to organic panties for me too, more than any other part of your body it seemed important.

Can I ask what organic panties you like for yourself? I'd love to switch also.

twowhat?
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks all! One other question - is it the Classic unders that everyone raves about (not the hipsters)?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Can I ask what organic panties you like for yourself? I'd love to switch also.

I got some on e-bay. Seriously my obsession with finding affordable ones for me was insane. They are SO expensive for women!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-VICTORIAS-SECRET-ORGANIC-COTTON-HIPSTER-PANTY-LOT-M-/360325169606?pt=US_Women_s_Panties&hash=item53e50dc1c6

Melaine
01-20-2011, 11:01 AM
I got some on e-bay. Seriously my obsession with finding affordable ones for me was insane. They are SO expensive for women!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-VICTORIAS-SECRET-ORGANIC-COTTON-HIPSTER-PANTY-LOT-M-/360325169606?pt=US_Women_s_Panties&hash=item53e50dc1c6

thanks! Do they not sell those in the store or are they just too pricey?

I just ordered some from Gaiam. I totally forgot that I had a $20 gift card there so I got the 3 pack for $10...I'll report back on quality if anyone is interested.

Sorry to change the subject.:love-retry:

twowhat?
01-31-2011, 12:50 AM
My girls love these. We got them when they were $3 at the outlets like pp mentioned, they came out to $5 each shipped with the ridiculous shopping charges. I probably should have gotten more.

That being said, I DID find some made by Fruit of the Loom that my girls seem to like just as well. They aren't as thick or soft, but the seams do not bother them at all. They are cotton covered as opposed to plain elastic like most. So if you cheap out you might want to look for them. I got them at Walmart and cannot seem to find them online, but I will try to get the name if anyone else is interested.

Just dug this back out since the girls seem more than ready to PT and we need to start stocking up on underwear so they'll have plenty for any accidents at daycare. Thanks for the FTL rec - I will check Walmart next time I'm there. Cotton-covered elastic sounds great and if they're comfy enough they'd be perfect for daycare use!!

Melaine
01-31-2011, 09:58 AM
I actually took a photo when I found them again because I haven't seen them anywhere else. I'm trying to attach it, we will see it if works...

Can you see that photo? I've never attached them like that.

wellyes
01-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Can someone walk me through this HA outlet thing? Sounds like:

1. I just call up any HA outlet
2. Ask for underwear (I want camis too, do the outlets have those)?
3. Outlet price + shipping cost less than retail or online.

Is that about right?

Canna
01-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Can someone walk me through this HA outlet thing? Sounds like:

1. I just call up any HA outlet
2. Ask for underwear (I want camis too, do the outlets have those)?
3. Outlet price + shipping cost less than retail or online.

Is that about right?

This was my experience when I called a couple of months ago. My older DD is very loyal to her Hanna underwear. I called up the outlet and they were very helpful and it did end up costing less than it would have on the regular Hanna site. I called up more recently and they helped me get a snow jacket and pants. Both times I felt a little strange calling up an outlet but they didn't bat an eye and were very nice and helpful (describing for me the colors of all the underwear they had in her size, for example, and being patient). I think it must not be unusual for them. A plus for me is that when ordering from the outlet in Maine and having it sent to me in CT, things arrive fast!

twowhat?
01-31-2011, 11:28 AM
I actually took a photo when I found them again because I haven't seen them anywhere else. I'm trying to attach it, we will see it if works...

Can you see that photo? I've never attached them like that.

Yes! Thank you!!! Do they come in 2T sizes?

I'll also be calling the Hanna outlets but we will need lots for daycare and those FTL ones do look comfy!

Melaine
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes! Thank you!!! Do they come in 2T sizes?

I'll also be calling the Hanna outlets but we will need lots for daycare and those FTL ones do look comfy!

I bet they do, but it doesn't look like they go up past 4T. The weird thing is I cannot find them when googling, which makes me wonder if they are old or something.

conniez
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks all for this thread...I never thought to try Hanna unders. I tried calling the outlets & they JUST ended the $3/pair promotion. I must really have bad timing as I never heard about these before yesterday :(

yalie2001
02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks all for this thread...I never thought to try Hanna unders. I tried calling the outlets & they JUST ended the $3/pair promotion. I must really have bad timing as I never heard about these before yesterday :(

boo! i am in your shoes too, never heard of them but was going to look into it. did they say when they were going to run that promotion again?

conniez
02-02-2011, 05:58 PM
boo! i am in your shoes too, never heard of them but was going to look into it. did they say when they were going to run that promotion again?

The lady I spoke to at - I think it as the VA outlet - said their current sales will last until the end of February! She said the unders could possibly be on promo. in March, but she's not sure. She told me it wasn't often that they went down to $3/pair, so of course I just barely missed this deal! lol

Mim
02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Okay, so I've lurked here for years but finally registered...

I just bought Hanna unders online bc my 6yo DD digs through her underwear drawer to pull out and wear the 3 Hanna unders she owns prior to all other undies...loves them, no wedgies, soft, etc.

There is a sale going on, as most of you know. However, if you buy the solid colored unpatterned unders...on sale for $14.40, the fine print says "$14 ea when you buy 2 sets". I bought 2 sets (of the hipsters, not sure if this matters) and when my final payment page came up they were listed as $10.40 ea (per 3).

All the solid unders (regular, hipster and boys) say this, but I can only confirm it worked for solid girl hipsters. Of course, plus shipping.

Not quite as good as outlet prices @ $3.47 ea, but close and available now.

GL!

Mim.

WatchingThemGrow
02-07-2011, 06:12 AM
The outlet hipsters may be the temporary restyled ones from fall 2010 that some people did not like, just fyi.

Mim
02-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the head's up about outlet hipsters ...I didn't know about a temporary restyling.

The above post about $10.40/3 w/ 2 pks is online, however, not the outlet.

M.

jvs195
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
The outlet hipsters may be the temporary restyled ones from fall 2010 that some people did not like, just fyi.

How can you tell if you have these? I bought a bunch last year and have not opened them yet. What are the issues with the new style?

tropicalmom
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
According to email i got today this 20% off unders online and at BM stores is good through 27th.

WatchingThemGrow
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
How can you tell if you have these? I bought a bunch last year and have not opened them yet. What are the issues with the new style? I don't know exactly, but they are a different cut. When we got the next size up in the fall (maybe Nov?) there was a paper insert that said customer feedback indicated that the hipsters did not need the revision they got this season, and that they would be returning to the original styling in Jan...or something like that. The ones on the website should be fine. Maybe the outlet ones are too, but they are likely different than the ones online now. Call and ask CS if you have the original or revised cut, I guess. Maybe they came out in back to school????

BTW, does anyone have a FS code to share? We need a couple things, I think.

AnnieW625
02-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I have never had luck ordering unders from the Hanna outlets, they never have them when I need them. I got a package or two prints at the EOS 2009 sale (online) for $10 a package. Otherwise I have just got them at 20% off, which they are on sale for right now. It seems like a lot of money for panties, but it's about the same as what you pay for quality adult underwear, and DD1 has been wearing hers for 18 months and still has plenty of wear in them. She is a skinny minnie and still in 100/110s and have no clue when I will need to order any more in the next size up, but the current 20% off is tempting.

So happy they switched back to the old style, and WTG, go register at Gymbofriends and someone has linked a $100+ shipping code there (you don't need to be approved to view posts so that is easy).

stillplayswithbarbies
02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
whatever you pay for Hanna underwear is worth it, even at full price. My daughter has been wearing hers for FIVE YEARS and they still fit her and they are still in good shape.

they are magic underwear. I don't know how they fit a 3 year old and still fit her at 8 years old, but they do. And they will still fit at least another year, I predict.

we would have spent much more on cheap Target underpants over those five years.

Melaine
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
whatever you pay for Hanna underwear is worth it, even at full price. My daughter has been wearing hers for FIVE YEARS and they still fit her and they are still in good shape.

they are magic underwear. I don't know how they fit a 3 year old and still fit her at 8 years old, but they do. And they will still fit at least another year, I predict.

What size is she still wearing? that is magical!

SammyeGail
02-08-2011, 01:34 PM

I bought some XS for DS on an outlet sale before he was potty trained. It took him a while, TY Potty Power DVD, lol. That was almost 3 years ago. He's about a 5T, but a slim kid. The briefs don't fit him anymore (snug in waist) but the boxer-briefs still fit great. They seem like they will fit him for a while longer. If I ordered some size S I feel like they would fit him for a long time!

I love the boys boxer-briefs because they are the only ones that don't gap open on his skinny legs, but look like they would stretch and be comfy on any kid. He loves them, he will only pick out his Scooby-Doo unders over these, he's a big fan ;).

stillplayswithbarbies
02-08-2011, 03:37 PM
What size is she still wearing? that is magical!

she is wearing size S. I bought some M for her but she says they are "too big" and doesn't choose them unless that is all that is left.

Staraglimmer
02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
If only they had free shipping! I'm about to spend almost $200 and they can't give me free shipping :mad:

twowhat?
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
If only they had free shipping! I'm about to spend almost $200 and they can't give me free shipping :mad:

Go to groups.yahoo.com. Search yahoo groups for "Hanna Andersson". Click on the first one in the results list. Then, just hit refresh until the banner ad at the top is one for HA FS over $100. I only had to hit refresh once to get the banner ad. Click on it, and FS for orders over $100 should be applied. If it doesn't work, call CS and said that you did it this way but that it wouldn't work and they'll give you the FS:) At least they did it for Grandma because I sent her the link and of course it wouldn't work on her compupter:)

Staraglimmer
02-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Go to groups.yahoo.com. Search yahoo groups for "Hanna Andersson". Click on the first one in the results list. Then, just hit refresh until the banner ad at the top is one for HA FS over $100. I only had to hit refresh once to get the banner ad. Click on it, and FS for orders over $100 should be applied. If it doesn't work, call CS and said that you did it this way but that it wouldn't work and they'll give you the FS:) At least they did it for Grandma because I sent her the link and of course it wouldn't work on her compupter:)

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! :bowdown:

It worked on DH's computer. When I went to finish my order (could not decide on sizes) on my CPU, it did not work.....I refreshed like 100 times. I think that they have different banners for different times of the day.

Anyway, I ordered training unders and tights for school. I am so excited! this is my first Hanna order. (everything DD has already is from SWAP, consignment, or ebay)

:bowdown: You are the best!

twowhat?
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! :bowdown:

It worked on DH's computer. When I went to finish my order (could not decide on sizes) on my CPU, it did not work.....I refreshed like 100 times. I think that they have different banners for different times of the day.

Anyway, I ordered training unders and tights for school. I am so excited! this is my first Hanna order. (everything DD has already is from SWAP, consignment, or ebay)

:bowdown: You are the best!

Uh oh, I've become an enabler and I originally swore never to spend $$ on Hanna! I'm still only halfway there though - I've only ever bought Hanna at Costco. All our other Hannas are from Grandma. Is it bad that I told Grandma the unders were on sale?:bag She DID say she'd buy them for the girls when they're ready:)

Staraglimmer
02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Uh oh, I've become an enabler and I originally swore never to spend $$ on Hanna! I'm still only halfway there though - I've only ever bought Hanna at Costco. All our other Hannas are from Grandma. Is it bad that I told Grandma the unders were on sale?:bag She DID say she'd buy them for the girls when they're ready:)

Oh, don't worry. You aren't an enabler, I was going to buy it anyway. You just saved me $16. I also ended up rethinking everything in my cart and only spending $118 or so. :) I still think that is a crazy amount of money for tights and underwear, but hopefully we will love them!

I think it is fine to tell Grandma (you got her a good deal on something that she was going to buy anyway:innocent:

I really fought the Hanna bug. A lot of it isn't my style. After hanging out here for several years, I finally gave in. The quality everywhere else is terrible!
I so wish we had a Costco! I think the nearest one is like 6 hours away. I am so jealous of everyone's Costco Hannas :)

:signthankspin: again!