PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy/maternity pillow

ahrimie
01-17-2011, 10:54 AM
***UPDATE***
I ended up buying the back n belly contoured pillow by Leacho/Snoogle. I LOVE it. It's like sleeping on clouds. It's shaped like a big "U" and you can use it on either end. I've used it with the ends stacked on top for under my head and the bottom of the "U" for my head as well. I like that you don't have to twist and turn the pillow to readjust. You can also turn side to side with ease. LOVE my purchase. The only con is taking the pillow cover on and off to wash. There is no zipper so you have to just shimmy it on and off.

Any recs??

The first time around, I didn't want to spend money on it and it was TOTURE towards the end. I had to use 3-5 pillows anyway. So this time, I want to get one. I remember reading about the Snoogle the first time and my friend bought a Leacho.

Any brands or shapes people recommend? Would totally appreciate it because my back is already starting to hurt from my bump!

KLD313
01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I used a Snoogle but I didn't use it the way it was shown on the package. I thought it was hard under my head so I kinda pushed it up and used my own pillow. I loved it because I could use it behind me with the bottom between my knees and pulled up all the way under my HUGE stomach or I could use it in front under my stomach and between my knees.

DebbieJ
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I got a regular body pillow from Target. I still use it today.

marymoo86
01-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Another one with the body pillow and I have had 2 back surgeries

mikala
01-17-2011, 11:23 AM

:yeahthat:

Mommy_Mea
01-17-2011, 11:49 AM

:yeahthat: Ditto!

Beth24
01-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I loved my snoogle and I used it after my baby was born to nurse in bed.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-17-2011, 12:18 PM
I loved my snoogle and I used it after my baby was born to nurse in bed.

:yeahthat:

i love my snoogle. i had a body pillow from target before that but it just didn't cut it for me..i still needed other pillows. i got my snoogle with my first pregnancy and used it post-partum for sitting up in bed, ocasional nursing etc. now i'm using it again. i've gotten my money's worth from it, definitely.

lhafer
01-17-2011, 12:42 PM

:yeahthat: Love mine.

stinkyfeet
01-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I have the mini snoogle and love it! The mini is designed for you to use your own head pillow.

Nyfeara
01-17-2011, 03:18 PM
For me, I found that my hips got very sore on when I slept on my sides and I always wound up flat on my back when I wasn't supposed to be.

I decided to try this pillow (think I bought it from CVS at the time):
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/improvements/792925900-back-max-bed-wedge-pillow.html

It worked well for me & we've used the individual parts when we've been congested, or whatever the case. It's sort of like be in a 'recliner' type position. I just wish that it was a little wider, my arms hang off the sides, so I just use two neck roll type pillows. Just another option :)

ahrimie
01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
For me, I found that my hips got very sore on when I slept on my sides and I always wound up flat on my back when I wasn't supposed to be.

I decided to try this pillow (think I bought it from CVS at the time):
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/improvements/792925900-back-max-bed-wedge-pillow.html

It worked well for me & we've used the individual parts when we've been congested, or whatever the case. It's sort of like be in a 'recliner' type position. I just wish that it was a little wider, my arms hang off the sides, so I just use two neck roll type pillows. Just another option :)

O wow, that wedge looks awesome!!!

For those with the Snoogle, which one did you get?

Beth24
01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I got the one with the 100% cotton jersey cover. It we soft and easy to take on and off for washing.

artvandalay
01-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I originally had a regular body pillow, but I found it didn't really do much other than to put a little space in between my knees. There really isn't any support in a body pillow.

I bought a Snoogle with my last pregnancy, and wished I had bought it for my first pregnancy. It is very firm, so it worked so much better.

justbreathe11
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I got the leachaco one from walmart, the full sized one, I think it was $50? Worth every single penny. I have been using it since 12 weeks and can't imagine sleeping without it. The ONLY thing I dont like is that the cover is a PAIN to get off and wash, but I would assume they are all that way.

misshollygolightly
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Another vote here for a regular body pillow. Love mine!

Lupe
01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
My DH got my a snoogle
the only time I slept with it I woke up with horrible neck pain
maybe I should try using it a different way, never used it again
I find that a regular pillow and a pillow under my knee is all I need
so I am not sure if it was worth the $
I use it on the couch, supports my lower back and I then wrap it all the way around so it sits like a little table and I can support books/laptop there
it works well for that

Kitten007
01-18-2011, 02:43 AM

:yeahthat: With DS1 I had a Target body pillow, but it seems like the new ones are more sturdy. I use my Target body pillow every night right now! I got one of the softest covers for it and love it!

ahrimie
01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I think Leacho is the company that makes Snoogle (after looking it up some more.. hehe).

Can anyone compare the snoogle contoured back and belly version with the snoogle original total body pillow. I think I need more than a body pillow. Last time around, my hips and back hurt so much and I kept going numb in either my legs or arms because my belly was so big! I literally only grew in my belly and 30 lbs was 30% of my weight so it was a huge strain on my body. Just at 19 weeks and only 10 lbs gained, I'm already feeling the strain and feel numb sometimes. Oy... so many more weeks to go!!! :(

Claki
01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Last pregnancy I tried to be thrifty and make do with a ten dollar body pillow and a wedge. And I was miserable until I gave in and bought the Snoogle with a coupon at BRU. Best investment ever! Just got it out again three days ago and immediately slept better. I have the full-sized snoogle and I bought an additional cover for it.

pampers37
01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
my wife uses the snoogle and loves it.