PDA

View Full Version : Tea Collection - Extra 25% off Sale prices

Melbel
01-17-2011, 11:29 AM
I purchased 3 banded dresses for DD2 for $47.xx shipped (over 50% off). Shipping if free for over $150, otherwise $8.

Note that the dresses run small.

http://www.teacollection.com/

PROMO CODE: 25SALE
Ends Wednesday, 1/19

4birds
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Oh thank you! I had a cart full and I have been waiting for a few days for an extra 10% off banner to appear. 25% off is WAAAAAAY better - and I love these clothes for the kiddos - great quality at target prices with the code. My credit card, on the other hand, wishes you had never posted this offer!

blisstwins
01-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Thank you! I got some really pretty things.

jammytoast
01-18-2011, 09:38 AM
This had been my favorite line of their since I started "following" thematic few years back and totally stocked up for years in advance for DD. You can beat $14 dresses that can be worn as tunics the next year! I love the softness and uniqueness of their prints, but usually can't stomach the prices so live for this sale. Thanks so much for sharing

slee
01-18-2011, 05:56 PM
love a good tea sale! DL4BTS stacks for an additional 10% off!

TwinFoxes
01-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Grrrr. :irked:

(translation: I bought two dresses last week.)

jvs195
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
love a good tea sale! DL4BTS stacks for an additional 10% off!

It said this does not apply to my order. Phew. I've been trying not to order until all the items I wanted are no longer available...

coolae
01-18-2011, 09:07 PM
It said this does not apply to my order. Phew. I've been trying not to order until all the items I wanted are no longer available...

yeah, me neither. bummer!

Seitvonzu
01-19-2011, 09:42 AM
i went searching extra codes...because of the one posted not working and retailmenot.com said that teacollection had requested all user submitted codes be pulled. hrm.

i'm still thinking that the 25% off is a pretty nice deal. i'm sitting on a HUGE cart and trying to talk myself out of it. i just figured out that i'd be saving over 300 dollars off retail. yikes ! (that gives you an idea of the cart) i have ONE dress (tunic style knit) that i'd call "practical" and the rest is fancier "outfits" or dresses... i'm sizing up with some of it but i'm worrying that that is a bad idea...

we have SUCH bad luck with pants that i told DH just the other day that in the future i'm focusing on dresses. i can't stand the pants falling down! i can't stand the shirts not covering the tummy...and oh the tummy we are dealing with :):):)!!!!

i think i'm posting to be talked down! maybe. what did everyone else get?

Seitvonzu
01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
jammy- this is also the only time i buy tea... when it's ON SALE. i love the aethestic but really can't stomach the prices (or really any of the boutique brand prices really). even if the quality is fabulous, it's still clothes for my toddler now almost preschooler, nwim? she's not particularly hard on clothes, but i don't like my life to be about laundry and worrying about keeping things pristine or even resellable... so if it's cheap "enough" or going to be for a special occasion (and still it has to be cheaper!), then i buy. otherwise, i stare longingly ;)

the other thing about my child is that she is bizarrely particular... something that i'm SURE she'll love will be deemed inappropriate for some random reason "it's got stars!" or "it's too long and fluffy!" even if i buy something nearly identical to a favorite item she might not wear it. then, suddenly -- the inappropriate thing might become a favorite. it's very hard to guess :( currently she would wear her boden "twirly" dress (it's the winter jersey dress with short sleaves in navy, she LOVES it) EVERYDAY.... and her becoming to small "milk & cookie" pjs EVERYNIGHT

i can't even mention the size of my child's pj collection without shuddering that she won't wear them :( she had enough holiday pjs to wear a different pair everyday of the week. she humored me and wore her ones that matched mine on christmas morning and went right back to the milk & cookies the next day :(

off topic much? ;)

star04
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if the Baby's Skinny Leggings are full-length or cropped?

http://www.teacollection.com/product/G052041/Skinny-Leggings.html

Radosti
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
What are you guys doing for legginings? I currently have a Tea set for DD that I bought at consignment for $15, and it included the leggings. She had another tea dress in the previous size that she just outgrew that I was able to use the same leggings for. In all honesty, the leggings make the set, KWIM? So, I just bought 3 dresses. One of them has black trim and I matched up leggings from the crazy lands end sale to go with it. But otherwise, I am worried that I won't find the right leggings to go with these dresses. Kind of like owning Hanna playdresses without the matching leggings, not quite the same effect.

mypa
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
jammy- this is also the only time i buy tea... when it's ON SALE. i love the aethestic but really can't stomach the prices (or really any of the boutique brand prices really). even if the quality is fabulous, it's still clothes for my toddler now almost preschooler, nwim? she's not particularly hard on clothes, but i don't like my life to be about laundry and worrying about keeping things pristine or even resellable... so if it's cheap "enough" or going to be for a special occasion (and still it has to be cheaper!), then i buy. otherwise, i stare longingly ;)

the other thing about my child is that she is bizarrely particular... something that i'm SURE she'll love will be deemed inappropriate for some random reason "it's got stars!" or "it's too long and fluffy!" even if i buy something nearly identical to a favorite item she might not wear it. then, suddenly -- the inappropriate thing might become a favorite. it's very hard to guess :( currently she would wear her boden "twirly" dress (it's the winter jersey dress with short sleaves in navy, she LOVES it) EVERYDAY.... and her becoming to small "milk & cookie" pjs EVERYNIGHT

i can't even mention the size of my child's pj collection without shuddering that she won't wear them :( she had enough holiday pjs to wear a different pair everyday of the week. she humored me and wore her ones that matched mine on christmas morning and went right back to the milk & cookies the next day :(

off topic much? ;)

Your DD sounds just like mine! They are so young yet they are sooo opinionated. At least DD's favorite outfit right now is a butterfly print dress from last years Korean themed Tea Collection so she has good taste!

mypa
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
What are you guys doing for legginings? I currently have a Tea set for DD that I bought at consignment for $15, and it included the leggings. She had another tea dress in the previous size that she just outgrew that I was able to use the same leggings for. In all honesty, the leggings make the set, KWIM? So, I just bought 3 dresses. One of them has black trim and I matched up leggings from the crazy lands end sale to go with it. But otherwise, I am worried that I won't find the right leggings to go with these dresses. Kind of like owning Hanna playdresses without the matching leggings, not quite the same effect.

I totally hear you on the matching leggings. It drives me crazy if I don't or can't get matching leggings, thus I usually get the daily tea sets. I would only get a dress if it doesn't require any legging, like summer tank dresses or ones that are easy to match the trim (navy). Some of their colors like the plum or green ones are impossible to match.

jvs195
01-19-2011, 08:21 PM
I totally hear you on the matching leggings. It drives me crazy if I don't or can't get matching leggings, thus I usually get the daily tea sets. I would only get a dress if it doesn't require any legging, like summer tank dresses or ones that are easy to match the trim (navy). Some of their colors like the plum or green ones are impossible to match.

The sets are really the best deal. I don't buy many of their dresses unless I can get the coordinating leggings or there is a normal color I think I can match. For a few things I got last summer (Diapers.com sale) I was able to match some Gymbo bike shorts that I bought on kidsurplus.com at $3 but that was pretty random. I try to stick with the sets that navy will match otherwise

Seitvonzu
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
oof. sat on my cart too long-- and didn't realize this sale was only through yesterday :( BOO! :(

oh well, "saved" myself over 200 dollars... i just couldn't get the cart to be reasonable!