PDA

View Full Version : Valco Hitchhiker -- assembly?

pastrygirl
01-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I just bought a HH and can't get the darned thing assembled! Is there a trick for getting the swivel wheels in? My sister and I are both pushing with all our might, but they are just not clicking into the base.

arivecchi
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Hmmm. I don't remember having any issues with mine. Are they inverted perhaps?

elektra
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I think I hurt my wrist trying to push those in. I can't remember if I had to have DH help me or what, but we did eventually push them in.

pastrygirl
01-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Hmmm. I don't remember having any issues with mine. Are they inverted perhaps?What do you mean?

WatchingThemGrow
01-17-2011, 03:08 PM
got mine used, assembly was already done.

On another note...I was :bouncy: today when I tried folding the BJCED with the HH still attached. Not sure why I've never tried it before...but it worked beautifully!!! Now that machine is even more fun and easy to use than ever before.

roseyloxs
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Sorry. I don't remember having any issues.

pastrygirl
01-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I called Valco and they were no help. I'll have my husband try later.

pastrygirl
01-18-2011, 10:58 AM
He wasn't able to do it at first, but then he changed the angle or something and the wheels clicked in. I have the whole thing set up now. Yay!

arivecchi
01-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh, I am glad to hear you got it to work! I was wondering if you had the wheels in the wrong slots (L on R slot and R on L) although I thought that was unlikely! Enjoy!

pastrygirl
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
They weren't labeled L/R, so I wasn't sure it was an issue. We tried both ways, but in the end, it was just an angle issue or something. He had tried with all his weight at first, and they wouldn't budge!

I just looked at some of the pics a few of you have posted, and I think I put mine together wrong. The bars on mine curve down, which is what I thought it looked like on the brochure, but in all the pics, it curves up. I'm going to invert them to see if it works better.

I can't wait to try it out at the mall! It's snowing today, so I'm not going anywhere, but my two have had fun riding around the family room and kitchen!

arivecchi
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
A few pics in case you need more:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/TBGOB7P7hTI/AAAAAAAAA-M/Dv-gmYWXoII/s640/IMG_2591.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/TBGOBfGvsuI/AAAAAAAAA-M/23PyAOIOsLc/s640/IMG_2590.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/TDfRneFPxBI/AAAAAAAABeI/vht8v_6pnnY/IMG_2916B.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/TJ10nEJh2SI/AAAAAAAABsU/t4n8ZfhTd0o/s512/IMG_3740.JPG

pastrygirl
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
thanks! Mine is assembled like yours. I checked out the Swift yesterday, but decided to stick with my BJCM.

roseyloxs
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
They weren't labeled L/R, so I wasn't sure it was an issue. We tried both ways, but in the end, it was just an angle issue or something. He had tried with all his weight at first, and they wouldn't budge!

I just looked at some of the pics a few of you have posted, and I think I put mine together wrong. The bars on mine curve down, which is what I thought it looked like on the brochure, but in all the pics, it curves up. I'm going to invert them to see if it works better.

I can't wait to try it out at the mall! It's snowing today, so I'm not going anywhere, but my two have had fun riding around the family room and kitchen!

I have used it both ways depending on the stroller. I prefer the way it rides with the curves up (opposite of A's pictures) but on some strollers like the BOB it works better if it curves down over the wheels and brakes.

Also if you are using it on a wider stroller you can move the prongs to face out instead of in. This is good for doubles or very wide singles. Just move the prongs all the way down past all the holes. It is now free and can be flipped around.

arivecchi
01-18-2011, 12:53 PM
What I love with the HH is that you can play with all the angles to get the best fit possible! My arms are really far in with the Swift whereas they were on the last opening with the Trimode. The arms are also more angled up on the Swift than they were with the Trimode as well.