PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on when B&N clearance will go to 75%?

Melarina
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Found some good toy deals last year and wondering about this year...not that we need any more toys in this house!

Melarina
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Answering my own question :)

Went to two different stores yesterday and both were 75%. Didn't find great toy deals but did pick up a few books (princess manners book with sound), puzzles (Ravensburger, Unicef), snow globe, address book for gift, Disney Apples to Apples, and for only $5 got the New Yorker complete cartoon collection.

Also saw various stuffed animals, some craft kits, ornament kits, puzzle ornaments, wooden penguin train toy, preschool version of Uno, lots of holiday books and activity/coloring sets.

Tempted by some lovely popup books (Nutcracker, Cinderella, First Christmas) but resisted.

Whole bunch of Beatles Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly games at one of the stores.

cucaw30
01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Were the calendars also 75% off? I went on Monday and they were all $4.99.

Deal Queen
01-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, calendars were also 75% off at my store.

Deal Queen
01-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Oh, and I was a bit disappointed in the selection this year. Last year there were toys but this year it seemed to be mostly books and a few craft type kits. Not much that interested me. I think everything left will go $2 soon....that is what happened last year.

ett
01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh, and I was a bit disappointed in the selection this year. Last year there were toys but this year it seemed to be mostly books and a few craft type kits. Not much that interested me. I think everything left will go $2 soon....that is what happened last year.

I was pretty disappointed in the selection this year too. I got a lot of great toys last year like Plan Toys, Haba, and Playmobil but I didn't see any of that this year.

Melarina
01-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Calendars were still 50% at my store yesterday.

I agree about the selection this year. Found Green Toys and Thomas last year...no such luck this time around.