PDA

View Full Version : Hit me with your vacuum recs please!!

tmahanes
01-17-2011, 04:33 PM
So the ILs have killed our vacuum. So I need recs for a new one. Let me know what you love especially if you have dogs!!

kaharris83
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Dyson all the way. In our first 2 years of marriage we burned through 6 vaccuums before finally getting a Dyson. We would have saved so much had we bought the Dyson in the first place. 3 years and still works as well as the day we bought it. My parents have had the Dyson Amimal for probably 7-8 years and they love it. They're dog people and it's great with pet hair.

tmahanes
01-17-2011, 04:47 PM
This is totally my one day dream vacuum!! But is completely not in the budget right now!!

hellokitty
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Shark Navigator!!! DH and I LOVE this thing. We almost broke down and got a dyson, but had a few ppl that we know who have the navigator that raved about it. It is about $150, depending on where you buy it. We have been very happy with it so far, the suction power is amazing. I also like that it is lighter than our old vacuums (bissell and hoover) and that it is a LOT quieter than any other vacuum we have ever used. My kids (two of them) were deathly scared of our other vacuums, with this one, the noise is not as loud, so they are fine with it. DH was a total skeptic, but loves it.

tmahanes
01-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Bumping!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

bubbaray
01-18-2011, 01:36 AM
We have a Miele canister. And an 85lb yellow lab. :)

mjs64
01-18-2011, 02:53 AM
For a very affordable option, I love, love, love my Bissel Cleanview Helix; only $90 at Target. Consumer Reports recommends it and rates it "excellent" for pet hair. I have 2 cats and carpeting, and it's a dream. I hate spending hundreds on vacuums that ultimately break, so this one is fabuolous. HEPA filter and everything.

brgnmom
01-18-2011, 03:18 AM
Shark Navigator!!! DH and I LOVE this thing. We almost broke down and got a dyson, but had a few ppl that we know who have the navigator that raved about it. It is about $150, depending on where you buy it. We have been very happy with it so far, the suction power is amazing. I also like that it is lighter than our old vacuums (bissell and hoover) and that it is a LOT quieter than any other vacuum we have ever used. My kids (two of them) were deathly scared of our other vacuums, with this one, the noise is not as loud, so they are fine with it. DH was a total skeptic, but loves it.

another fan of Shark Navigator! Totally worth it, and it's reasonably priced. I love how it's quiet yet effectively cleans our carpets, and it doesn't scare the kids.

momtobeoverseas
01-18-2011, 08:11 AM
We also have a Miele canister and I think its amazing!