PDA

View Full Version : Finding Info on 2011 Bumbleride Movement Edition?

wrldtraveler
01-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi all!

This is my first post, and let me thank you all for your great forum. After a looong weekend of searching this board and your wisdom/experience, I narrowed down the hundreds of strollers to either the Bumbleride Indie or MB Swift...and the Indie won. I know there are some die-hard MB fans on here, but based on my needs and adding up the numbers, the Indie is the better fit for my family.

I'm excited about the 2011 movement edition and have been looking online to see when the pricing will be released (and when orders will be taken). Couple of questions for you:

1) What site would likely have the 2011 pricing up first (for the stroller and the carrycot)?

2) What site might have the best deals once I'm ready to order, given it's a new model and deals will probably be hard to come by?

I'm due in June and will need to ship the stroller overseas, so I'm looking to order it by May at the latest.

Thanks so much!

roseyloxs
01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I might email bumbleride directly about pricing. They are very helpful so if they have any new info I am sure they will pass it along. I was able to get a deal on my '09 indie twin from dmartstores.com

Bumbleride
01-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi Wrldtraveler,

Thank you for your interest in Indie and the Movement Collection!

I would be glad to address you questions and possibly save you an email or phone call.

1.)Pricing will be updated on our site, online sites, and select brick and mortar stores at the same time. Look for the announcement on our website or on Facebook to happen before March which is when they will be shipping. The cost is looking like it will be a very small increase over the regular collection, which we are very excited about!

2.)Our new products are not allowed to be discounted so free tax and free shipping will be the best deals out there.

We hope you choose Indie!

Best,
Ryan
Bumbleride Inc.

P.S. For shipping overseas we recommend www.fawnandforest.com or www.balkowitsch.com. Send them your mailing address for a quote on shipping, if not shipping overseas yourself.

scriptkitten
01-17-2011, 10:44 PM
what is the indie movement collection?

great choice. i think the Indie is one of the best looking, best featured strollers on the market.

a local mom has a twin bright pink Indie and its sooooo cute.

Multimama
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
what is the indie movement collection?

:yeahthat:

ETA: Found info here (http://site.pishposhbaby.com/blog/2010/10/20/bumbleride-indie-2011-whats-on-the-way/). The new colors bore me. I love seagrass and wish Bumbleride would get on the purple bandwagon.

And does it weird anyone else out that Bumbleride answered this question? Big brother is watching. :waving4: (Waves to Bumbleride.)

scriptkitten
01-17-2011, 10:59 PM
^^agreed. i like all the older super bright colors way better. subtle is boring :)

i wish all the stroller companies were on this forum. :)

Beth24
01-18-2011, 12:20 AM
:yeahthat:

ETA: Found info here (http://site.pishposhbaby.com/blog/2010/10/20/bumbleride-indie-2011-whats-on-the-way/). The new colors bore me. I love seagrass and wish Bumbleride would get on the purple bandwagon.

And does it weird anyone else out that Bumbleride answered this question? Big brother is watching. :waving4: (Waves to Bumbleride.)

I love when the stroller companies/sellers chime in to answer questions. It's good for them to get honest and open feedback so they can address consumer concerns quickly. It definitely benefits us in the long run.

momtoax3
01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
I like that they read what is on here and comment when appropriate. And also their openness about new items. Much better than companies like BOB that barely make an effort to let anyone know is going on. And those that do get details are sworn to secrecy....stupid.

momtoax3
01-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Dark purple with their fog color as th accent would have been so pretty!

wrldtraveler
01-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks Bumbleride -- I'll keep an eye out periodically for the release date. And I know my husband will be happy to hear the new prices won't be too much more. :thumbsup:

Luckily, I'll be shipping to a US address first for onward shipment, so won't need to worry about finding someone who ships overseas -- but thanks for the website leads.

Multimama
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Luckily, I'll be shipping to a US address first for onward shipment, so won't need to worry about finding someone who ships overseas -- but thanks for the website leads.

Are you in the military? Shipping strollers overseas is usually prohibitively expensive if you aren't in the military.

MamaInMarch
01-19-2011, 11:28 AM
I love when the stroller companies/sellers chime in to answer questions. It's good for them to get honest and open feedback so they can address consumer concerns quickly. It definitely benefits us in the long run.

This. I am considering the Indie Twin as my double when the time comes in '11, so to know that they care enough to see what people really say about their products and answer questions in this kind of forum is pretty comforting.
:jammin: Bumbleride!

wrldtraveler
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Are you in the military? Shipping strollers overseas is usually prohibitively expensive if you aren't in the military.

I have an APO (military) address and a US based address that forwards our mail from companies that won't mail to APOs. But luckily, I also get a one-time special shipment of baby stuff to our location. So unless the Bumbleride isn't available until after April, I'll be able to include it in that.