PDA

View Full Version : My new "CL" is not looking too good.

roseyloxs
01-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Found a "CL" for where I am moving to in Germany and it is gracoland!!! What? in Germany the Americans still can't get away from the gracos and eddie bauers and jeeps. 100 listings of graco-like strollers. So sad :(. I saw a handful of quinnys and phil and teds but that was about it. Not even one BOB, Baby Jogger, Teutonia, Valco, Easywalker, Mutsy, or bumbleride.

blondflava
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Wow, and not even a Buggster in sight? I'm not familiar with other German strollers (x-lander might be German?) but I know, in my country (bordering Germany) Gracos are pretty popular, too! Crazy, huh LOL.

golightly1118
01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Crazy...kind of reminds me of DH's and my trip to Dublin a few years ago, pre-baby. In the land of all this yummy beer and Irish whiskey, guess what the preferred libation of 20-somethings was? If you guessed Budweiser, you are correct :thumbsdown:

MamaBear
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen anyone pushing a Graco in Germany! I remember my SIL saying, while trying to get my son out of his SafeSeat, "I've never seen this kind of Maxi-Cosi before", LOL!

But I was absolutely floored to see Gracos in Iceland. The spread was bi-modal: Gracos or Emmas. Weird!

Smillow
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Maybe a bunch of ex-pat's are unloading their Gracos to buy cool German strollers...? Is it an english only board?

roseyloxs
01-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Maybe a bunch of ex-pat's are unloading their Gracos to buy cool German strollers...? Is it an english only board?

Its a military based board so its mostly all Americans. I was still hoping for a bit of enlightenment though. You would think you came all this way to be in Germany not why take advantage of some local brands. Its a shame. Hopefully I can find a more "local" classified list when I arrive.

sweetsoul99
01-18-2011, 01:48 AM
probably everyone unloading the strollers they brought with them so they can get a cooler German-made stroller :D

momtobeoverseas
01-18-2011, 08:05 AM
You'll probably have better luck with a German list. In israel, on the English equivalent of CL right now, they are selling BJCM, BJCC, MBUS, Inglesina trip, peg switch, uppababy, bubleride indie...

On the Hebrew list, the follow are for sale: Peg Si, Quinny Zap, Brevi Ovo, ABC Design Mamba, Peg Uno, Mutsy 4 rider, Buggster, First Wheels, Stokke, Bebe comfort, etc.

The local list is a bit more interesting.

blondflava
01-18-2011, 08:46 AM
How about German ebay? Do you know German :)? Joggers:
http://baby.shop.ebay.de/Jogger-/68423/i.html?_nkw=kinderwagen&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Others: http://baby.shop.ebay.de/Sportwagen-Buggys-/23621/i.html?_nkw=kinderwagen&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

They have an abundance of Zapp look-a-likes, but with recline, belly bar.. And TFK of course!

roseyloxs
01-18-2011, 10:43 AM
How about German ebay? Do you know German :)?

Not yet. Although I actually took German in high school (so I can say, hi, bye, and where is the train station?). I plan to try and learn. I am not the best at languages but I am hoping my kids will help me learn.

fedoragirl
01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
The CL in Germany is very bare. Most military personnel post on it and not Germans. A lot of buying and selling of used items is done by word-of-mouth.

Tigerente
01-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi,

check out toytowngermany.com, This is a website for expats in Germany. They also have a classified section. Good way to meet moms in your area.

German ebay, newspaper. Second-hand shops in Germany are quite popular, esp kid´s second hand shops, I´ve gotten some good stuff at our local shop.