PDA

View Full Version : convinced DH for a Disney Trip!

army_mom
01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
So after our first amusement park adventure this weekend with DD (Busch Gardens Tampa) DH decided he could "handle" Disney if the crowds were minimal like it was there. So we will head down there for a quick trip in Sept/Oct (before DD's birthday so she is still free!) when the crowds should be fairly minimal!! :yay:
I've never been so I am looking forward to taking DD! It will be a quick trip and we aren't huge planners so we'll probably just see how it goes.

We were thinking MK and AK. Anything else worth it with a 2 year old (she will be almost 3)?

Is BLT the only monorail hotel?

TIA!

fivi2
01-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Our first trip was a month before the girls turned 3. We just did MK and AK and thought it was perfect, but there are some who don't care for AK.

Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian are all on the monorail. You can walk to MK from contemporary. All will be a bus to AK. We stayed at Grand Floridian that first trip and it was nice, but I was happy the grandparents were paying. Something happened on our way to MK on the monorail and we were on it with the doors shut for about 15-20 minutes, so it isn't always the fastest way to go! They never told us what was going on, we were just sitting there.

Have fun!

Neelloc
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
How fun!

A few things....

The food and Wine festival starts in early October. It will impact crowds. If you can swing it, I would go right after Labor Day. As in that Tuesday or Wednesday. The later you get into September, the crowds will pick up more. They also start doing Halloween parties that will close the Magic Kingdom down early those nights.

Also, free dining was offered for that period already, and it will most likely be offered again. If you would like to eat at any of the more popular sit down places, you need to make a reservation. The parks may not be crowded, but the restaraunts will be.

Make a loose plan of the park you plan to go to daily and where you would like to dine. If you are staying at a Disney Hotel, you get early entry to a specific park each day. Pick up a book such as the Unofficial Guide to Disney to give you an idea.

You can only reach MK and Epcot via monorail. To get to the other parks, you'd have to take a bus from a Monorail hotel.

Also, the www. disboards. com offer a HUGE wealth of information!

We're going in early September as well! It's a great time to go!