PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep?

zag95
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
I am in the process of purging out our spare bedroom- of our 3 bd house. Here is my question for you ladies-

What do you do with your greeting cards? Do you keep certain ones and if so, how do you decide which ones to keep? I have all the cards DH has ever given me- and we have been married over 10 yrs. I also have some cards and things from people who have passed away.

In terms of photographs, do you scrapbook or do digital or what?

I just feel like I am trying to get on top of our paper issue- organizing this stuff, wrap, photos, books, CDs, etc. I torn about some sentimental things, but then want to chuck it into the garbage- is there a good balance?!!

I am fighting the fight because DH is a pack rat, and keeps everything, yet doesn't do much to purge out things....

Thanks!

LMPC
01-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I typically keep cards that have something nice written on them or are pretty (vague criterion that last one, I know!). I tend not to be sentimental about that many cards...and each time we move I get rid of more and more stuff. I love photoalbums and photobooks, but these days I do a lot of online organization of my pictures. I also try to confine keepsakes to a limited space (say 3 bins full). That way, when I run out of space, something has to go. GL -- decluttering is hard!

KrisM
01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I've kept a few cards from DH, but we don't do many so it's only a handful. I've kept cards from the kids. I've kept special cards from others - my parents when I graduated college, for example. Other than that, they get tossed. I used to keep them all and had a huge stack of cards that I didn't do anything with, so I got rid of most.

DebbieJ
01-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I toss most cards.

I don't scrapbook, but I do make photobooks on Shutterfly, Picaboo, etc. Right now I am going through my boxes of snapshots and paying to have them scanned. www.mementoscanning.com (http://www.mementoscanning.com)