PDA

View Full Version : Keep the Mac triumph hood clean?

csnoop
01-18-2011, 02:20 AM
So far, I have been enjoying my new Triumph on our trip (in Hawaii, at the moment, Aloha!). But I have gotten so much black smears and marks on the inside of the hood. I think it's from the wheels touching the hood when it's folded since it lives in our trunk and travels on paved sidewalk for the most part. It breaks my heart to see it get so dirty so quickly. Is there a way to avoid this? How should I clean the stains? I am afraid that they may not come out.
CC

Neatfreak
01-18-2011, 05:53 AM
I don't have a secret for keeping the wheels of my Maclarens clean (and thus, the inside of the hood), but I've found that they clean up easily either in the washing machine (I spray the dirty parts with Spray n Wash) or by scrubbing by hand with soap and water. I have a Volo with a light grey hood and the wheel dirt has come out with no trouble.

Hmm. Could you slip a plastic bag over the wheels when your Triumph is folded?

blondflava
01-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I used to have a Quest (it was an indoors stroller, but the wheels got dirty anyway) and threw a small kitchen towel over the wheels whenever I put it in the trunk, it helped.

Neelloc
01-18-2011, 10:01 AM
I threw a small kitchen towel over the wheels whenever I put it in the trunk, it helped.

:yeahthat: