PDA

View Full Version : Question on Lands End Return to Sears w/out receipt

alien_host
01-18-2011, 11:04 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff and need to do a return but I can't find my packing slip. I called and they said I could just bring the order number and order date to Sears and they can look it up.

Has anyone sucessfully done this? I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and do this or try and find my receipt. I could print out my on-line order to show the items and prices - would that make it easier.

This is what I get for not returning promptly (and why the "no time limit returns policy" is great but dangerous!)

Thanks!

KrisM
01-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes, they can look it up. There is a number on the inside tag to match with the item number in the order.

lines
01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I would bring my emailed order confirmation, but they can look up the item on your credit card. If you have the item in the original bag, that helps a lot.

eac
01-18-2011, 11:37 AM
have done it many times because I always lose the receipt! all you need is the order number - nothing else.

pjsmom30
01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I have successfully just used the email order confirmation printed out. No one has ever given me any trouble.

alien_host
01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks all, I did my return w/ just the order # and date as my printer wasn't working. It was pretty easy, although I felt bad for the sales associate b/c I had a lot of items.

melrose7
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks. Great to know this as I had some returns in my car that I forgot about and no longer have the packing slip for. Now I will finally get around to returning them.

nupe
01-18-2011, 05:53 PM
I've returned LE to sears with the item + plastic bag with sticker and it worked out just fine. The order number is on the little sticker on the plastic bag.

MommyAllison
01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Thank you for posting this - I have a jacket from a purchase 11 months ago, and can't find the packing slip. Now I can finally return it. :)