PDA

View Full Version : Boden clearance - site stalking

Minnifer
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
OK, has anyone else been stalking Boden's clearance section lately? The returns must be dribbling in, and thanks to the FS/FR code still working (WMAV), I kid you not, I've placed at least 8 orders in the last few days as things I wanted have popped up (all kid stuff). I'm going to have a million returns b/c as the days have gone on I've gotten sizes that were preferable to what I originally settled on, but I still think I've gotten some good scores ("think" being the operative word since I can barely remember what I've ordered *gulp*). It's become a bit of an obsession though and at this point and I need.to.stop. (but it's so much fun!) :bag

Seitvonzu
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
i haven't been stalking but maybe i should be? i would LOVE to pick up this:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Girls-Dresses/33132-PRP/Girls-Grape-Pretty-Jersey-Dress.html

in either 3-4 or 4-5... my child is OBSESSED with her "twirly dress" she would wear it all day every day if i let her...

*sigh*

Minnifer
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Not to enable, hehe... but you should definitely join the dark side and stalk :) . I feel like over the past few days, I've seen pretty much everything pop up at least momentarily and I think I must have seen this b/c I remember considering it for DD's birthday... you definitely have to be quick, but that's the beauty of the FS code! GL!

Dream
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Can you please share the FS/FR code?

Seitvonzu
01-18-2011, 03:10 PM
oh goodness.... well, i can't recommend the dress enough. my child LOVES it. and it is darling. i wish i'd gotten one in every color ;)

*sigh*

Minnifer
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Can you please share the FS/FR code?

Sure - it's WMAV (was in my orig post) :)

Seitvonzu
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
minnifer-- is there any time that is better than others to look for new stock? for example, do they add it all in the morning/afternoon/evening? or is it just a "whenever it happens it happens sorta thing?"

thanks!

jennilynn
01-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I've been stalking pretty much all morning, since I LOVED everything from my first order (wearing the pretty jersey cardi right now!) But I didn't know there was a free shipping code available. Now I'm really in trouble.

Dream
01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Sure - it's WMAV (was in my orig post) :)

Thanks. I saw it the original post but thought its much be an abbreviation:oops:

Minnifer
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
minnifer-- is there any time that is better than others to look for new stock? for example, do they add it all in the morning/afternoon/evening? or is it just a "whenever it happens it happens sorta thing?"

You know, I originally thought it was kind of a morning/evening thing, but yesterday and today I have found the stock constantly changing, making this stalking a full time job, lol! They must have an amazing inventory tracking system.

But I didn't know there was a free shipping code available. Now I'm really in trouble.

I know... I think in some ways I'm hoping that you guys will all buy enough so that there won't be anything left for me so I can't place any more orders! Although I'm bummed b/c something just popped up that I wanted, but I had to take a work call, and it disappeared - wah! Dang work :ROTFLMAO:

Radosti
01-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks, I just checked and they got the jersey glam top in my size in another color. So, I ordered a second one. When I tried on the first one, my hubby got a really appreciative look on his face and told me it really accentuated my assets... ahem. And it hid the tummy. I looked awesome, and that's no small feat these days. Although, I will have to wear a tank top under it if I want to wear it to work... it accentuates my assets a bit too well, IYKWIM.

kamileer
01-18-2011, 04:43 PM
what is the current code??

lilhilly
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
I've been stalking too, and finally got most of the boys t's I wanted today. I've been passing on most other things I was planning to buy at second markdown because even the second markdown is WAY higher than the prices I paid when the offer shop/30% code combo was going on a couple of months ago. The boys rib-waist and lined cargos are still around $30, which is pretty pricey for a pair of kids pants. Last year, they were around $20 at second markdown.

citymama
01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
There have been many replens popping up late night - I got some great things for me in the last week or so!

kamileer
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
I ended up using code WMAV for free shipping but it was also supposed to take off 15% and did not. Anyone else experience this? Is the 15% only for non-sale items?

citymama
01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
I ended up using code WMAV for free shipping but it was also supposed to take off 15% and did not. Anyone else experience this? Is the 15% only for non-sale items?

yes, only full price merch

Minnifer
01-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Oh good, my evil plan seems to be working... everything I put in my cart waiting for that 1 other thing to show back up, sold out... you're saving me from myself! Except, why do I feel disappointed??? Clearly, I have a problem:duh::rolleye0014:

ETA: and now it seems like the site has gotten a bit wonky - items show up in the general view (like "Outerwear") as available but when you click on a particular item it's actually not...

sujathas
01-18-2011, 06:11 PM
H672 is the code for 20% off all the Non-clearance stuff, plus free shipping over $175. Not good for buying one or two clearance items at a time, but just in case you wanted one of the new spring items..

lchang25000
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Their clearance section had a TON of replens last week and I was able to get a bunch more things for DS!

LMPC
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Don't forget ebates for 3% back! Just got me a shirt, and DD 3 shirts, and 4 pair of tights (all for next year)....for $68 shipped! Yippee!

DH keeps asking how many more Boden packages he can expect....although he loves everything I have gotten so far!

mominjune
01-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the FS code.
Finally pulled the trigger and placed my first Boden order, a shirt for me.
I decided my kids have way more nice clothes than I do ;)

LMPC
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the FS code.

Honey, if I had a nickel for every time I thought that I wouldn't be worried about fs codes ;) I know how you feel!

mjmamma
01-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the FS code.

And personally, I take much better care of my clothes than my kids do of their's :)
Good for you!

viba424
01-18-2011, 11:41 PM
I got a pair of cable knit footless tights for DD and one had a hole in the crotch. They had one more in low stock - maybe - that they would try to send. Id be happy just keeping the good one if they cant. But of course it doesnt work that way.

citymama
01-19-2011, 12:09 AM
This season I bought more Boden for me than for DD - a first! And I've only sent back one thing!

twowhat?
01-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Can someone explain to me how the heck their sweaters can all be machine washable?? Are they really? Even the cashmere ones are machine washable! Do they really come out of the wash looking good?

And how does sizing run? I normally wear a size 0 or 2 from most places (Ann Taylor, J Crew)

I'm tempted to buy a few things for myself since I need more work clothes.

citymama
01-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Can someone explain to me how the heck their sweaters can all be machine washable?? Are they really? Even the cashmere ones are machine washable! Do they really come out of the wash looking good?

And how does sizing run? I normally wear a size 0 or 2 from most places (Ann Taylor, J Crew)

I have a few sweaters of theirs from this past Fall that I have machine washed. They have small amounts of cashmere and angora (that blend that most of their sweaters have). They did not shrink (I washed on cold, gentle cycle and laid flat to dry). I've pretty much worn one of the 3 sweaters every day, and the gray one looks a tiny bit pilled.

I wear a size XS/2-4 and I bought the 4s. They fit well. In one of the more fitted styles I might even have been able to get away with a 6 (I don't wear 6 in any other brand); in another style, I could have worn a 2 without a problem. Read the reviews - they were definitely accurate with the styles I bought.

citymama
01-19-2011, 06:24 AM
I did it again! I just ordered this skirt for me (it shows as back in stock in my size - let's see whether it ships). I have been stalking it for weeks and undecided about whether to pull the plug because it is pricey ($58). What color sweater/top do you think it would go with?

http://www.bodenusa.com/productimages/ZoomLarge/10WAUT_WG382_DGR.jpg

jvs195
01-19-2011, 08:49 AM

I've read it's recommended to wash cashmere (vs dry cleaning). I machine wash almost everything (including all sweaters, dress pants etc..) and hang to dry. No problems.

Minnifer
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Wah... nothing new/good between last night and today, and there seem to be very few replens happening now. Boden sent another email around about the clearance section so I guess everyone is on board with the stalking now... I know, it's for the best...*sniff sniff*:gloomy:

suzi
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I stalked big time last week. Packages are trickling in. Rep said new stock goes up b/f 330 when the warehouse closes.

lchang25000
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Finally bought myself something from the fall/winter line...the pretty ruffle tee in the pine color:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL555/Womens-Pretty-Ruffle-Tee.html?NavGroupID=18

Hope I like it...the reviews seem to be very positive!

Minnifer
01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I did finally just get (I think!) the knee patch trousers I missed due to work yesterday - not in the size I wanted, but after stalking all the rest of yesterday and today and seeing pretty much the same stuff, I gave up and just got what popped up. I wish I had thought to stalk last week - for some reason it never occurred to me until just before the weekend.

YouAreTheFocus
01-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I did finally just get (I think!) the knee patch trousers I missed due to work yesterday - not in the size I wanted, but after stalking all the rest of yesterday and today and seeing pretty much the same stuff, I gave up and just got what popped up. I wish I had thought to stalk last week - for some reason it never occurred to me until just before the weekend.

I am totally stalking these for my son--I would take either boy color and any size 12-18 & up! I regret not buying them earlier in the season.

How did you stalk--how frequently did you check back?

lchang25000
01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
I am totally stalking these for my son--I would take either boy color and any size 12-18 & up! I regret not buying them earlier in the season.

LOVE the knee patch trousers! My fav MiniBoden pants from the baby line. I bought 2 of the blue ones and 2 of the gray ones...for this year and next!

Minnifer
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
LOVE the knee patch trousers! My fav MiniBoden pants from the baby line. I bought 2 of the blue ones and 2 of the gray ones...for this year and next!
Great scores! Was this during your stalking last week? They don't seem to be popping up much now...

General question - do you guys ever buy 2 seasons ahead? Most times when I do, it doesn't work out too well, but there's something else that just popped up that is tempting me... it's possible DD could wear it next year, but unlikely - more likely the year after... what to do, what to do...

Um, I've been pretty much hitting refresh every 2 seconds for days now but apparently I've lost my mind...:bag

YouAreTheFocus
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if your son is older/bigger enough than mine that your used ones might eventually show up on BBB-swap in time for mine to wear them?!? :)

I'm stalking eBay for them as well!

Minnifer
01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if your son is older/bigger enough than mine that your used ones might eventually show up on BBB-swap in time for mine to wear them?!? :)

The gray ones are up in 12-18 - hurry!!!

lchang25000
01-19-2011, 08:58 PM

I'm stalking eBay for them as well!

Of course they'll show up eventually. :D How old is your DS? Mine just turned 2 recently. The 2/3s are finally fitting him now with plenty of room for growth. The 18-24m size is too short now. I meant to say earlier that I bought 3 pairs of the blue (18-24m, 2-3, 3-4 and 2 pairs of the gray (2-3, 3-4). I'm crazy, huh?? I saw them on sale at Nordstrom recently for a great price.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-19-2011, 09:01 PM
If you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, check it out! They had the knee patch trousers there over the weekend. I only was looking for the girly ones but I found them in 12-18 months for ~$12! I also found the girl's heart pocket trousers for the same price!

lchang25000
01-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Great scores! Was this during your stalking last week? They don't seem to be popping up much now...

General question - do you guys ever buy 2 seasons ahead? Most times when I do, it doesn't work out too well, but there's something else that just popped up that is tempting me... it's possible DD could wear it next year, but unlikely - more likely the year after... what to do, what to do...

I bought them during the season before the EOS sale, all with a discount code and/or voucher. I do buy at least a year ahead. DS already has a bunch of clothes for next fall/winter. I did the same thing last year and so far everything is fitting fine.

YouAreTheFocus
01-19-2011, 09:09 PM
The gray ones are up in 12-18 - hurry!!!

Of course they'll show up eventually. :D How old is your DS? Mine just turned 2 recently. The 2/3s are fitting him well now with plenty room for growth. I saw them on sale at Nordstrom recently. They carry up to 18-24m size.

Aaah, now I don't know what to do! I really want them, but is it ridiculous to buy size 12-18 for my almost 16 mo old son? Size chart does say 12-18 = 34" height, and my son measured 31.5" a week ago. So they'd fit right now, but for how long...

It would be great if I could find them in person at a Nordstrom! Or Rack, we have one of those nearby as well! Thanks all!

lchang25000
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Aaah, now I don't know what to do! I really want them, but is it ridiculous to buy size 12-18 for my almost 16 mo old son? Size chart does say 12-18 = 34" height, and my son measured 31.5" a week ago. So they'd fit right now, but for how long...

It would be great if I could find them in person at a Nordstrom! Or Rack, we have one of those nearby as well! Thanks all!

Nope, not crazy at all. I bought the 18-24m size for DS when he was 21-22months old and they fit perfectly with hardly any room for growth since the 2-3s were too long. Now the 18-24 size is too short!

lchang25000
01-20-2011, 05:04 PM

Not sure what size you need, but the pink knee patch trousers are now available in a size 3-4. I would go ahead and get it even if it's too big and save it for next year!

YouAreTheFocus
01-31-2011, 07:00 PM
FYI if anyone is still interested--the clearance stuff is continuing to trickle in & out. I've been checking here & there, and got 2 Star Patch Cords and 2 Applique Shirts (Fox & Bear).

Anyone have the duffle coat? I'm wondering how big it runs.

luli13
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I just received a bunch of winter items for SD for next season. In particular, I got her the navy blue duffel coat. It is so stinkin' cute! She is 21mo and 75th percentile for height, and about 26 lbs- I got her the 2-3 and the sleeves are about an inch too long and there is a bunch of room for growth. It goes to about mid-calf on her now.

Also got her 2 pairs of sweatpants and the hoodie with the "hairy fleece" ( can't think of what that's called right now, lol) and that is also really cute and cozy. I usually don't leave reviews, but I am going to go on the Bodens site today because I am so happy with the items I bought. Oh, I also got a fleece lined jacket (navy with hearts), the grey cozy cardigan sweater (my favorite item in the bunch), a t-shirt. The only issue I had was that it took 15 days from the time I placed the order until I received it. They say 7-10 days, but whatever, I just got a little nervous toward the end.

viba424
02-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I just received a bunch of winter items for SD for next season. In particular, I got her the navy blue duffel coat. It is so stinkin' cute! She is 21mo and 75th percentile for height, and about 26 lbs- I got her the 2-3 and the sleeves are about an inch too long and there is a bunch of room for growth. It goes to about mid-calf on her now.

Also got her 2 pairs of sweatpants and the hoodie with the "hairy fleece" ( can't think of what that's called right now, lol) and that is also really cute and cozy. I usually don't leave reviews, but I am going to go on the Bodens site today because I am so happy with the items I bought. Oh, I also got a fleece lined jacket (navy with hearts), the grey cozy cardigan sweater (my favorite item in the bunch), a t-shirt. The only issue I had was that it took 15 days from the time I placed the order until I received it. They say 7-10 days, but whatever, I just got a little nervous toward the end.

Are you referring to the twin pack of baby sweatpants? I got a pack of those and noticed the solid color is a good half inch shorter than the striped pair! I dont know if I should try to get another set or not!

Minnifer
02-01-2011, 10:38 AM
FYI if anyone is still interested--the clearance stuff is continuing to trickle in & out. I've been checking here & there, and got 2 Star Patch Cords and 2 Applique Shirts (Fox & Bear).So funny, I've continued to stalk too, and at this point have gotten almost everything I originally wanted (and lots of stuff I didn't know I wanted, lol) - yay! One of my favorites so far is the girls cozy short duffle in the plaid, which is just adorable in person and a total steal at $28.

luli13
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Are you referring to the twin pack of baby sweatpants? I got a pack of those and noticed the solid color is a good half inch shorter than the striped pair! I dont know if I should try to get another set or not!

Nope. I got the girl's slouchy sweatpants. And the sweatshirt ("hairy fleece" that I called it) is the Shaggy lined jacket.

YouAreTheFocus
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM

Thanks for posting about the duffel coat. I almost ordered the blue in 12-18 mos for my 16 mos old, hoping it ran big. Sounds like I should hold on and try to get an 18-24, or maybe 2-3 for next fall. Thanks!