PDA

View Full Version : FP Little People bukiding storage

kbud
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I can't figure out where to store all the Little People buildings we have. They are so bulky and take up so much room but my kids love them so we are keeping them but I'd like to find a home for them besides being lined up against the wall. For now I have them in a big plastic tub w/out the lid on. We have the house, farm, castle, amusement park, zoo, etc. Any ideas?

WolfpackMom
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Wow, you read my mind. I was staring at our cube setup 10 minutes ago wondering the same thing since DS is getting the airport for his birthday and we already have the farm and bus plus a megabloks pirate ship. Right now I have them ontop of the 8 cube organizer but I know the airport wont fit there and the others all look kind of cluttered.

Sorry thats not much help, but Ill be following this one!

kbud
01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
LOL. Glad I'm not alone! I love them but they are so bulky. We have so many too. May get rid of one or two but I want to keep them. Both my mom and mil kept them from the 70s and my girls love to play with the old ones. So I'm planning on keeping some of them for my grandkids.

brgnmom
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
we just assembled the airport one & it is bullky - there is only one part that you can disconnect from the runway track once fully assembled. I'll be interested in hearing what others say. :)

SnuggleBuggles
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Mine are on a bookshelf and I like it. We've experimented over the years and having them neatly arranged on a shelf is most aesthetically pleasing of the choices.
eta- the people and small accessories are in a shallow cloth bin.

Beth

kbud
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
I've tried a shelf but most of them of too bulky. I just reorganized them into 2 big plastic tubs. maybe they'll just stay that way. It's not too bad. I sorted all the small parts into storage bags so they aren't lost in the tubs.

sail731
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
We store ours on top of the expidit 2x4. We keep the people, animals, cars, etc. in a storage bin within the shelf. Some items are sorted in separate shoe storage boxes.