PDA

View Full Version : Closetmaid Wire Shelving

Purple18
01-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Our home has closet maid wire shelving in most of the closets. We would like to change some of the shelving arrangements, but noticed that the shelves at Home Depot look slightly different than the old shelves (the lip on the front of the shelf is smaller now), which makes things look inconsistent. Has anyone else run into this issue with Closetmaid?

tlw
01-20-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm not a fan of Closetmaid. We actually had a hall closet shelf collapse, scaring me to death! I highly recommend the Elfa shelf system from the Container Store. Even the simpliest configuration (single hanging rod and shelf, running the width of the closet is very reasonable, and much easier to install. It also gives you the freedom to expand and add other pieces in the future. As someone who just completed a whole-house remodel and installed all the closets myself, I can't say enough about Elfa!

WatchingThemGrow
01-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Do you mean on the ShelfTrack systems? Hmmm...I haven't looked carefully, but I love that stuff. I put it up 8 years ago, and it is still going strong despite being totally overloaded. LOVE being able to rearrange it on the tracks mounted to studs. (I want some of the larger shelves.)

tmahanes
01-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Do you mean on the ShelfTrack systems? Hmmm...I haven't looked carefully, but I love that stuff. I put it up 8 years ago, and it is still going strong despite being totally overloaded. LOVE being able to rearrange it on the tracks mounted to studs. (I want some of the larger shelves.)

Yea we love that stuff too! Try Lowes.... sometimes the different stores carry slightly different products. My ILs have had some problems with theirs but they were not installed correctly!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk