PDA

View Full Version : The small projects

KrisM
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
I know when I start looking around my house at all the things I need to do, it's quite overwhelming. Two years ago when I started my decluttering, my house was packed and a huge mess.

Today, I cleaned our the art cabinet and 1 shelf in my pantry. The art cabinet just needed the bins to be gone through and repackaged. The shelf was a big mess of left over paper products from past birthdays. I emptied the shelf, found a bin to store the things I wanted to keep, and loaded it back up. Both things took all of 15 minutes.

It's so hard to start a big project, but I just wanted to remind you that doing a small project is rewarding and gets you one step closer to having the big project done.

MoJo
01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Your house was packed two years ago? I remember the pics you posted a few months ago. That is encouraging, indeed!

KrisM
01-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Two years ago, our 4 bedroom house had 2 really messy, full rooms and 2 okay rooms. DS1 and DD shared a room and DS2 slept in our room.

DD's current room was full, and I mean full, of outgrown clothes. I had 4.5 years of boy and 2.5 years of girl stuff. Yikes! DS2's room was a "guest" and craft room and was unusable as either.

My kitchen cabinets were so full, things fell out. The laundry room held all sorts of stuff.

So, yeah, it was full. I spent a month going through with trash bags and filling them with things to donate and things to trash. Every day I spent 10-15 minutes doing it for a MONTH.

We moved here with just DS1 and had DD 9 months later. I quickly got overwhelmed with everything and am just now recovering!