PDA

View Full Version : double recs for a tall little one?

kas
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I have a 33" 18 month old and a little one on the way in July. Any recommendations for a double that will accomodate a tall little one?? I use my stroller mostly for shopping. I love the concept of the BJCS but heard it's not good for tall little ones...need it to last a couple years and my one-year-old is already the size of some three-year-olds!

Right now I have the BJCM and LOVE it...I'd go for the BJCMD, but the single already seems wide to me, so I'm not sure if I'd like the side-by-side in the stores I go into....but I don't want a tandem the size of a truck, either!

Any suggestions? Maybe I'm being super-picky, but this is an expensive purchase and want to make sure I'm making a good decision! Thanks in advance!

kas
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm also thinking about the Phil and Teds with the extra seat...do you think this would be a good option for me?

jacksmoma
01-18-2011, 07:34 PM
do a side by side- in lines push HORRIBLY, you will not like it! get the bjcmd or a bob duallie if you like to do things outside :)

Mrs.Christie
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Have you seen any pictures of kids actually in the BJCS? My 14 mo DD is 32" and still has plenty of room to grow. I honestly don't think it is bad as people make it out to be. I've only pushed it as a single so far and it is really nice. I know with a 2nd kid it will be harder to push, but so will any tandem. Personally I prefer a tandem over side-by-side for indoor use.

kas
01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm more worried about the feet part than the canopy. I've seen a few pics and watched the babygizmo and it looks like the feet are either squished up to fit on the stroller, or hanging near the ground? I need to make a trip to try one out.
Do you think this would be a better option than the P & T with the extra seat?

kas
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
do a side by side- in lines push HORRIBLY, you will not like it! get the bjcmd or a bob duallie if you like to do things outside :)

I'm mostly an indoor girl. =) Which is less annoying - an in-line that pushes terribly or a double that's too wide to push in a store? I'm trying to pick my poison!