PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner?

Elilly
01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm feeling a little bored with our meals these days. I'm looking for food for thought! Please post your meal ideas for this week.

bnme
01-18-2011, 10:03 PM
This week we've had/are having chicken enchiladas with cilantro lime rice (recipe from annieseats.com), turkey meatloaf with mashed potatoes, pulled pork sammies with the kids tater tots, pizza at a playdate tomorrow, and waffles & eggs.

SnuggleBuggles
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Monday- rice, chicken and chickpea burritos
Tuesday- ham and cheese strata
Wed.- chicken pot pie (using some of the extra chicken I poached on Monday)

that's as far as I got and feel pretty good this week for doing that much so far. :) I've been in a cooking slump.

Beth

AbbysMom
01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Tonight I made sweet and sour chicken with rice and corn. It was my first time with this recipe and it was so good!:
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/07/sweet-and-sour-chicken-updated.html

hannah
01-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Monday: pork ribs in the crockpot
Tuesday: chili, corn bread, and cut up raw veggies with hummus
Wednesday: birthday dinner out
Thursday: stuffed shells and salad or corn
Friday: crockpot roasted whole chicken
Saturday: pizza & salad

mezzona
01-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Last nite: pioneer woman's salsa and nachos, chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice
Tomorrow: hunter's chicken, egg noodles, caesar salad
Thurs: edamame, baby bok choy & roast duck noodle soup
Friday: rice, ground beef & potato torta

MommyAllison
01-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Tonight: Panera mac n cheese knockoff, maybe adding bacon, peas on the side

Rest of the week - haven't assigned days or order yet:

Sweet n Sour Chicken (same recipe posted upthread! it is amazing!) w/brown rice
BBQ ribs w/mashed or roasted fingerling potatoes
Spaghetti w/garlic bread
Homemade pizza w/salad
Turkey Enchiladas w/brown rice
Roasted Chicken w/roasted carrots & potatoes
PW Chicken Pot Pie (w/roast chicken leftovers)
Garlic Chicken Pasta

That's all I've got for now. I just realized there is a bunch of meat in our freezer that I forgot about, so I need to figure out what to make w/all of it! Also, I promise we eat more vegetables and fruit than listed in the meal plan. ;) I just keep things on hand and pick each night what sounds good to me!

happymom
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Tonight- chicken guacomole (shwarma grilled chicken, tomato, avocado, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime juice) in whole wheat pitas

Wednesday- turkey burgers, salad, and spies (sweet potato fries)

Thursday- homemade pizza, salad with grilled portabella mushrooms in it.

Pepper
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm on an Indian food riff this week. Recipes are in The Complete Asian Cookbook, by Charmaine Solomon (I love this book).

Sunday was curried chicken with cashews, served with plain rice, a curried zucchini thing that I made up, naan bread (from Costco) and plain green beans. oh, and some raita.

Monday was the leftover chicken, this time served with savory fried potatoes & cauliflower, and more naan.

Tuesday was Kashimiri kofta kari (curried meatballs made with ground lamb) with the leftover potatoes & cauliflower. The kids just ate the meatballs and veggies; for the hubs & me I put the meatballs into a pice of naan & topped it with the leftover raita & some chopped lettuce. Kind of like an Indian shawarma :-)

For tonight, I have some chicken thighs left so I think i'll give 'em and adobo treatment. We'll eat them with rice and some veggie (maybe zucchini, I have one left in the fridge) and use the extra cooked chicken in burritos or quesadillas on Thursday.

boolady
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Monday- rice, chicken and chickpea burritos

Beth, would you be able to post this recipe? It sounds really good. Thanks.

mama2g03
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Monday - Caldo Verde Soup -first time I made it and DD1 and DH loved it! DH insists I make again.
Tuesday - Carrot/ginger soup and Monte Cristo sandwiches
Tonight - Beef and barley soup, hericot vert and wheat beer bread
Thursday/Friday - Need to make roasted red pepper/fennel soup and something with chard to use up my produce for the week. Any suggestions for the chard? Maybe meatloaf one night, too.

Poor DS. I am on a soup kick this week and he is not a soup lover. Good thing he loves Monte Cristos.

kijip
01-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Monday- Veggie lasagna, grilled peppers and onions, caesar salad.
Tuesday- Lentil Stuffed peppers, collard greens
Weds- Lentil soup, roasted potatoes, onions and peppers
Thurs- Brussel Sprout and pancetta pizza, mushroom pizza (belated b-day dinner for a friend, making these because I know he will like them).
Friday- Cabbage, apples and pork loin
Saturday- I have no idea.
Sunday- we are having some new guests over, likely beer can chicken, roasted veggies, mashed potatoes and some sort of homemade dessert.