PDA

View Full Version : Philly-area folks -- Boden clearance sale in KOP, not Pittston!

lilhilly
01-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Just got an e-mail that there will be a Boden clearance sale on January 29, but it's in King of Prussia rather than Pittston, where it usually is. Woo hoo! 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Valley Forge Convention Center.

egoldber
01-19-2011, 11:36 AM
What is this sale like?

emily_gracesmama
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Why do I think I remember someone saying its a mad rush shoving everything in your kids size in a bag and sorting later? Why do I think I am going to have to get there extra early to get in line? Why do I fear I am going to spend a boatload? Oh probably cause I'm right on all of the above. I am totally seeing that sample sale scene in the shopaholic movie in my head!

lchang25000
01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
What is this sale like?

I heard it's CRAZY and some people stand in line hours before. Also, it may be disorganized inside with people grabbing a bunch of stuff and then putting the ones back they don't want in the wrong places.

egoldber
01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Wellllllll never mind then LOL! We'll likely be in Philly that weekend visiting family and thought this might be a good excuse to get away for awhile. But I'm not that into it LOL!

Corie
01-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Why do I think I remember someone saying its a mad rush shoving everything in your kids size in a bag and sorting later? Why do I think I am going to have to get there extra early to get in line? Why do I fear I am going to spend a boatload? Oh probably cause I'm right on all of the above. I am totally seeing that sample sale scene in the shopaholic movie in my head!

Sounds like FUN!!!! This is something that my 9 yr. old daughter
and I would LOVE to do together! And we'd be laughing hysterically
the entire time! :)

peanut520
01-19-2011, 12:32 PM
are the deals that good? enough to fight the crowds?

Drag0nflygirl
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh dear...

Minnifer
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
are the deals that good? enough to fight the crowds?

That's what I'm wondering... I could potentially visit family that weekend and it's nearby, but not sure if it's worth it...

TwoBees
01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Where is there a Boden in KoP?

lilhilly
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Where is there a Boden in KoP?

There isn't, but their U.S. distribution facility is in Pittston, PA. So these will all be returns.

Radosti
01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Where in KOP? I didn't get the email...

TwoBees
01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
There isn't, but their U.S. distribution facility is in Pittston, PA. So these will all be returns.

Ohhhh....

jenfromnj
01-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Where in KOP? I didn't get the email...

It says it's at the Valley Forge Convention Center, 1160 1st Ave in KOP.

I really wish I was closer!

JMS
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I heard it's CRAZY and some people stand in line hours before. Also, it may be disorganized inside with people grabbing a bunch of stuff and then putting the ones back they don't want in the wrong places.

Sounds like the early Lilly sales at the same location. This is literally a couple miles from my house but I'm not sure it's worth it !

musicalgrl
01-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I've seen Boden mentioned a few times on this board in the past couple of weeks. What's the deal - why is it so good? Is it comparable quality to HA? Please tell me. I'm not familiar with it!

luli13
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I live right down the road and my SIL and I are planning on going. I also went to the Pittston sale last summer. I'll be honest, if I didn't live so close I wouldn't travel. Maybe it's just me and my personality, but I'm not a competitive, bump-into-people-to-get-what-I-want type of person, so I didn't come back with a ton of stuff last summer. Some of the clothes had stains/holes so you really had to look. Most items were priced at $5, $10 and $15. The majority of the clothes looked worn...

sewarsh
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow! thanks for the heads up. Wierd i didn't get the email yet.
We have a 1:15 flight that day to Florida, but i only live 10 minutes from the Convention Center so i guess i'm goign to have to hit it first thing! :)

clc053103
01-19-2011, 02:58 PM

Jen though I love a good sale, I don't know if I am up for this! Can't we just go get lunch or something and TELL our DH's we went to the sale? LOL!

Would love to hear from anyone else who attended in the past!

TwinFoxes
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Wellllllll never mind then LOL!

I'm with you...I was thinking "ooh, I could drive up for the day" until I saw the description. I would hate it...I like organized bargain hunting, not craziness.

sewarsh
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
I live right down the road and my SIL and I are planning on going. I also went to the Pittston sale last summer. I'll be honest, if I didn't live so close I wouldn't travel. Maybe it's just me and my personality, but I'm not a competitive, bump-into-people-to-get-what-I-want type of person, so I didn't come back with a ton of stuff last summer. Some of the clothes had stains/holes so you really had to look. Most items were priced at $5, $10 and $15. The majority of the clothes looked worn...

Yea, that's me. I'm not the kind of person that can barge inside a sale and start yanking things off hangers.

But i'm surprised to here that the clothes looked worn. Thats a HUGE letdown.

Radosti
01-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks! I just got the email too. Trying to convince hubby to take both boys to the birthday party the oldest was invited to (pay for the second one), so that I can take DD and go there :)

luli13
01-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Now that I think about it, maybe most of the clothes I saw looked worn because by the time I got in the warehouse (and I got in line 45 minutes before it opened) most of the "good" clothes had been hoarded. I even walked around to the "hoarders" and politely asked if they had any clothes they didn't want in my DD's size, but wasn't successful. I hope they are more organized at the VFCC. And I hope they have some rules :)

Minnifer
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Now that I think about it, maybe most of the clothes I saw looked worn because by the time I got in the warehouse (and I got in line 45 minutes before it opened) most of the "good" clothes had been hoarded. I even walked around to the "hoarders" and politely asked if they had any clothes they didn't want in my DD's size, but wasn't successful.

Yikes, that sounds pretty awful! Esp given that you got there 45 min ahead and it was *still* like that.

Drag0nflygirl
01-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Is it possible that they changed the location to change the tone/atmosphere of the sale?

luli13
01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Is it possible that they changed the location to change the tone/atmosphere of the sale?

This is EXACTLY what I am hoping :thumbsup:

sewarsh
01-19-2011, 06:26 PM
People ("hoarders") probably buying to sell on ebay which stinks for mamas like us who want to buy the clothes for our DC to wear, but its a free world!

peanut520
01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
i guess it is sounding like it is really not worth the trip for me :( and i live 30 minutes away

luli13
01-20-2011, 02:00 PM
i guess it is sounding like it is really not worth the trip for me :( and i live 30 minutes away

Give it a try. It might be more organized this time around since it isn't in the warehouse.