PDA

View Full Version : s/o AF

BabyBearsMom
01-19-2011, 01:33 PM
so in line with all of the AF discussions, if you were irregular before your DC, once AF came back, was it still irregular?

I was very irregular (cycles between 28 and 57 days) before I got preggo, AF came back when DD was 7 months old. I'm now at 35 days. I'm wondering if I want to spend money for an hpt, or just wait it out since it could be my cycle being up to its old tricks again. Any btdt?

edurnemk
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I was kind of irregular, and usually my cycles were 32+ days. Now I'm pretty regular with a recent tendency to shorter cycles (27 days, ugh).

brgnmom
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
AF still hasn't returned yet (9 weeks+ postpartum), and I haven't had my period in 1 full year. but w/ my DS, AF returned around 5 wks postpartum and my cycles were 30-37 days long.

MolieMuts
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
I have always had very irregular cycles. But after both of my DC my cycles became regular for about a year or a year and half and then starting getting irregular again.

SnuggleBuggles
01-19-2011, 03:19 PM
I was irregular after ds1, just like before I got pg with him.

Beth

tabegle
01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
edited 2

BabyBearsMom
01-25-2011, 02:30 PM
I think I am becoming a pee-on-a-stick aholic. I am irregular, DH and I arent' trying trying (no ovulation tests, no thermometers etc) but we aren't being very good about not trying either. I'm now at day 37, I POAS over the weekend with a negative result, but that happened for a few weeks when I was pg with DD. I didn't get a positive result for her until I was on day 53. I would be happy either way, but I would like to just have a normal cycle so I could know, kwim?

SnuggleBuggles
01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Have you had bloodwork done to check things like your thyroid?

Beth

BabyBearsMom
01-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Have you had bloodwork done to check things like your thyroid?

Beth

They checked my blood for thyroid issues when I was pg with DD (she is only 9months old, so that wasn't that long ago) and it came back completely normal. I've just always been irregular, except when I am on the pill.

LarsMal
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
I have always been irregular, too, with cycles that ranged from 30-60 days. When we were TTC L I had to chart and then take it into the OB. I had to cut and staple extra paper to the end of their chart because there were never enough days! I once went an entire summer in high school without a period. It was actually pretty nice- I wasn't sexually active at the time, so I didn't have to worry about being pregnant!

After C my cycles were 28 days for the first few months, which was so weird for me. They eventually went back to being regularly irregular, and I'm now getting them every 30-37 days. Except for being on the pill, 30-37 days is the most regular I have ever been!

I had one period after L (around 6 months). I figured they had just gone back to being irregular, but no, I was actually preggers. I didn't realize it until I was about 8 weeks pregnant with M. Oops!!

Keep us posted!

SnuggleBuggles
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
They checked my blood for thyroid issues when I was pg with DD (she is only 9months old, so that wasn't that long ago) and it came back completely normal. I've just always been irregular, except when I am on the pill.

Might not hurt to retest. Mine went wonky in a short amount of time. Hormones get all weird after pg sometimes.

Beth