PDA

View Full Version : Texas to West Virginia (driving, what to do in between?)

paysensmom
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
In August we will be moving from Texas to West Virginia. We will be traveling with a 7 and 9 year old as well as a 4 month old baby.
We want to make the long drive into a little bit of a fun trip for the kids. We are driving through New Orleans, or close to it. Not Nashville, just to give you an idea of our route. What can we do, where to stay?
Thanks a bunch!

fivi2
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
We did New Orleans when the girls were 3.5 - there is a lot of fun stuff to do with kids. The aquarium, museum, streetcars, boats, etc. There wasn't a whole lot between where we live in Texas and NOLA, but maybe you could stop in Houston? Lots of museums and fun stuff there. But all of those places will be brutally hot in August.

New Orleans to Atlanta is an 8 hour or so drive. Not a ton to do in between unless you dip down to the gulf coast. In Atlanta you have the GA Aquarium, Stone Mountain, some museums...?

I am not sure exactly how you are getting from New Orleans to West VA, so I don't really know what would be on the way... Chattanooga has an aquarium, the Smoky Mtns are nice, there are various small towns in the mountains...

I would probably stop in New Orleans or the gulf coast, and then Atlanta or the mountains, but that is jmo!

(I have lived in atlanta, new orleans, and now central texas so that is what I am familiar with!)