PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars stuff at Williams Sonoma is on sale

DebbieJ
01-19-2011, 05:49 PM
20% off.

There is a coupon code on the page with the items.

Enjoy!

Pinky
01-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Any idea if you can get free shipping?

Corie
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Hmmm...I really like the Star Wars pancake molds!

hillview
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Hmmm...I really like the Star Wars pancake molds!

:yeahthat:
anyone have them? How do they work?
/hillary

AnnieW625
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
:yeahthat:
anyone have them? How do they work?
/hillary

We got these from my parents for Xmas. They are okay, but there is a definitely learning curve to them as there is with most of the baking products I have tried from WS (including the waffle griddle pan (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/nordic-ware-waffled-pancake-pan/) to make perfect mini waffles, and it was a disaster). If you get them too full them they overfill and then the features aren't as defined. I used Pam to spray them and they still were kind of hard to get out, I believed I used a kitchen knife to loosen them. Overall though once I figured out that you really need to use a thin layer of batter the y were okay. Overall Yoda was the easiest. I found though that I had to cook them longer than normal, and DH still thought they may not be done enough. I really really like the pancake batter recipe on the back of the package though. Yummy!

mariza
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
I don't have the pancake molds as they got poor reviews on the WS website but I did get the cookie cutters and they are awesome! I want more :). I have used them with pillsbury pre made sugar cookie dough and they came out just ok. The cookies got huge when baking , the reviews say they work better with the cookie recipe in the box but we haven't tried yet. But I have used them to cut and press Darth Vader and friends into pancakes after they were cooked and the kids loved them. I have also used them on sandwiches using wheat bread as well as flat bread (wrap type bread) and they come out awesome too! I highly recommend the cookie press it is really versatile!

glbb35
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Can you provide a link to the page? I have it open but only see one item for sale and no coupon codes.

Thanks!

B

DebbieJ
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
To save 20% on our Star Wars™ exclusive collection, enter promotion code 20STARWARS at checkout. Offer ends 1/23/11 at 11:59pm PT.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/search/results.html?N=0&itemsPerPage=24&words=star+wars

DebbieJ
01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Can you provide a link to the page? I have it open but only see one item for sale and no coupon codes.

Thanks!

B

you have to click on the item and then the code is there in red.

BeachBum
01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I did get the cookie cutters and they are awesome! I want more :). I have used them with pillsbury pre made sugar cookie dough and they came out just ok.

In my experience, slice and bake dough just doesn't work well with any cookie cutter. It's just not what it was designed to do. I have a very forgiving (can be re-rolled) sugar cookie recipe to share if you need one.
Thanks for the other ideas on what to do with them.

Twoboos
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
We got these from my parents for Xmas. They are okay, but there is a definitely learning curve to them as there is with most of the baking products I have tried from WS (including the waffle griddle pan (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/nordic-ware-waffled-pancake-pan/) to make perfect mini waffles, and it was a disaster). If you get them too full them they overfill and then the features aren't as defined. I used Pam to spray them and they still were kind of hard to get out, I believed I used a kitchen knife to loosen them. Overall though once I figured out that you really need to use a thin layer of batter the y were okay. Overall Yoda was the easiest. I found though that I had to cook them longer than normal...

All this exactly. MIL got these for us along with the pancake pen, or whatever it's called. Basically a squeeze bottle for the batter. I made DH use it since I knew it would be a disaster. 1/2 the batter wasted all stuck inside the bottle. I have three sets of molds (SW, Christmas, Spring) and while cute they are all a PITA to use. And there are only THREE which means they can't be split evenly b/t two kids!!! Then you have to make an extra, then they fight over who gets it... blah blah blah.

mrshalco
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I bought the Lunch box and 2 sandwich cutters for my DS #1 and they are a HUGE hit! He will eat anything in the shape of the Millennium Falcon!!

wendibird22
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
I bought DH the pancake molds for Xmas. We've used them once so far and they turned out fine when we made them on our electric griddle.

mamatomax
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Our pancakes turn out great. We've had the molds for several months, and there have been no problems at all.

alien_host
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM
I have the snowflake pancake molds from WS that I got many years ago....I used them once and haven't since. I thought they were a PITA and not worth the trouble. I guess I should try again but since DD is fine with round ones I don't bother.

lmwbasye
01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
We have several of the pancake molds and the pancake pen and both work awesome for us. You keep the pancake pen upside down when not using and so batter isn't wasted. Pancakes come out perfect. :)

Corie
01-20-2011, 12:58 PM
I bought the Lunch box and 2 sandwich cutters for my DS #1 and they are a HUGE hit! He will eat anything in the shape of the Millennium Falcon!!

Love those!!!