PDA

View Full Version : Mary Kay products you love?

willow33
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm going to a Mary Kay party next week and would love to know if anyone loves any product in particular. I don't use anything from Mary Kay right now, but I'm willing to try something. I also don't have one brand that I am completely loyal to. Feel free to add any products that you have tried, but don't care for.

Pennylane
01-19-2011, 08:49 PM
I love their eye make up remover!

Ann

DebbieJ
01-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I use Mary Kay Timewise collection (cleansers & moisturizers) and their makeup. It all works really well for me. They tend to sells these as sets and it can get pricey to get started.

If you just want to get a few "ala carte" items, then you can't go wrong with Satin Hands, Satin Lips, Eye Makeup Remover, and Concealer. I also really like their eyeliner.

I personally do not care for the mascara. That's the only product I had a bad experience with.

mom2one
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Another vote for the eye makeup remover!

billysmommy
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I love the Triple Eye Enhancer Cream...it totally lightens and gets rid of the dark circles :)

k_null81
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
I love the Time Wise 3 in 1 cleanser for dry skin...

rlu
01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
I use Mary Kay Timewise collection (cleansers & moisturizers) and their makeup. It all works really well for me. They tend to sells these as sets and it can get pricey to get started.

If you just want to get a few "ala carte" items, then you can't go wrong with Satin Hands, Satin Lips, Eye Makeup Remover, and Concealer. I also really like their eyeliner.

I personally do not care for the mascara. That's the only product I had a bad experience with.

Pretty much the same here except I don't have experience with their eye makeup items as I don't wear eye makeup. The prices are higher than drugstore items, but I get much better results using their acne stuff plus Timewise soap and moisturizer than I ever did using Neutrogena (for example).

truly scrumptious
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
I love their eye makeup remover too! The only one I've found that doesn't leave a heavy residue and is totally effective.

DrSally
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
These are the products that the Cosmeticscop likes:
http://www.beautypedia.com/search.aspx?bid=153&st=1%2c2%2c3%2c4&rid=1%2c2%2c3%2c4

her review database is free Jan and Feb (I pay $5 a month for access).

Looks like the makeup remover and timewise stuff gets excellent reviews. The timewise with sunscreen looks esp. good.

viba424
01-19-2011, 11:01 PM
I used to LOVE their blush! I forgot all about that! Best colors ever and a fun compact.

ECMom
01-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I use their Timewise moisturizer with sunscreen during the day & the one without sunscreen at night. I've don't use the Timewise cleanser because I'm not a fan cream cleansers. I don't like their lipstick. I've tried it a few times but it always clumped on my lips.

AshleyAnn
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
I accidentally got talked into the being a MK lady because I wanted the discount. I use the timewise cleanser and moisturizer. The microdermal ebrasion (spelling?) set is good but I don't need it (yet!). The satin hands kit is great too. And the echo the others the eye makeup remover is awesome.

The makeup is just so/so IMO. They sell the sets of timewise with the foundation which I don't like and nither does anyone else I know. I'd convience her to let you order a la carte without it (they won't tell you you can do this but you can break up sets and order only the items you want).

DebbieJ
01-19-2011, 11:42 PM
The makeup is just so/so IMO. They sell the sets of timewise with the foundation which I don't like and nither does anyone else I know. I'd convience her to let you order a la carte without it (they won't tell you you can do this but you can break up sets and order only the items you want).

The individual prices are listed right in the catalog and on the website too.

AshleyAnn
01-20-2011, 12:03 AM
The individual prices are listed right in the catalog and on the website too.

Really? Maybe things have changed. Its been over a year since I ordered so my catalogs must be about 18 months old but they do not list individual prices and my director specifically told us to encourage buyers to buy sets and to avoid splitting them up.

rhettsmom
01-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Things I LOVE :
eye makeup remover!
waterproof mascara
microderm set
oil free hydrating gel
eye primer!!
mineral foundation
eyeliner
Visibly Fit body lotion - love love it
firming eye cream

Things I like:
Satin hands set
Satin lips set
lipliner
lipgloss
concealer

Things I don't care for:
age fighting eye cream - the firming one is much better
perfume
subtle tanning lotion
lipstick
liquid lip color (terrible)

rhettsmom
01-20-2011, 12:16 AM
And YES - you can absolutely buy ANYTHING individually - they push sets to get you to buy more - just like any department store makeup person would do to try to get you to buy more.

You choose what you want - always.

amldaley
01-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Timewise 3 -in-1 cleanser and Moisturizer
Satin Hands
Raisinberry Creme Lipstick

willow33
01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Thank you! What is Satin Hands? Is it just a good hand moisturizer?

oneontheway
01-20-2011, 09:53 AM
After this post, I really want to go to a Mary Kay party!!

willow33
01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
After this post, I really want to go to a Mary Kay party!!

Might be a long drive, but you are welcome to join me ;)

Corie
01-20-2011, 10:05 AM
My mom used to only wear/use Mary Kay products. She loved
all her Mary Kay stuff. The cleansers, moisturizers, eye makeup,
lipstick, etc.

My mom's signature lipstick was Mary Kay 'Sunset'.

DebbieJ
01-20-2011, 10:36 AM

Satin Hands is a collection of three products that you use in a certain order. It sloughs away dead skin and moisturizes your hands. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO soft afterwards!!!!! I need to use mine--my hands are so dry with this cold weather.

jse107
01-20-2011, 10:39 AM
I like the Satin Hands and the lip gloss.

Babymakes3
01-20-2011, 11:33 AM
I LOVE the tinted moisturizer! I have a bunch of MK but thats what I use on a daily basis. It's the perfect amount of coverage for me and super light-weight in FL's heat plus it has sunscreen in it.

Corie
01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Another great lipstick that my mom wore was 'Toffee'.

Just thought of it!

AnnieW625
01-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I buy these all the time
Eye Makeup Remover
Eye Primer
After sun gel

things I like, but if they improved them I would buy them all of the time
eye shadow (I still like these, but I think they changed a bit when they revamped the line about 18 mos. ago as they don't stay on as well as they used to)
lipstick (they need more colors)
lipgloss (I don't buy much lip gloss at all, but this one isn't too sticky!)
blush (I would much prefer a round container, but the square is better than the old oval rectangle!)

things I have bought in the past but haven't bought in a while
Satin Hands hand cream
Satin Hands body wash
Classic Skincare Toner #2 (great for sensitive, but oily skin)
Classic Skincare Mask #1 (the #2 one is too abrasive)
mascara (it's okay, but nothing out of the ordinary)

DebbieJ
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Their makeup line is now all mineral makeup, except they do still carry the liquid foundation in a tube.

boogiemomz
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM

LOVE Satin Hands. It's a 4-step hand cleansing/exfoliating/moisturizing system that leaves your hands feeling SO soft and smooth (like satin, I guess). My bridesmaids and I all did it the morning of my wedding, my photographer got shots of us all doing satin hands while we were getting ready at the church. :) The whole thing takes about 3 minutes, but it's fun and a little bit of pampering. I wish I had some right now!

AngelaS
01-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I love their Velocity cleanser. :)

I don't like their Timewise stuff. My face felt greasy. :P I used to use their original line for oily skin and it stopped working. I switched to the Velocity cleanser, the oil control moisturizer and their oil free foundation and I LOVE it. :)

I love the eye liner. It goes on SO nicely. The mascara doesn't run. And I love the Toffee lipstick too. :D

left210
01-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Eye make up remover and absolutely love the eye liner. Stays on all day and doesnt smear and goes on so smoothly without any tugging on eyes.