PDA

View Full Version : Default Advice on getting acrylic paint out of leather?

baymom
01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
The title says it all. A little girl in DD's art class dropped her paintbrush (with white acrylic paint) on my new tall boots and I am heartbroken. I wiped up as soon as it happened, but unfortunately, it spread the paint even more. The teacher suggest a lysol wipe which I hesitantly tried (didn't work) and then she took matters into her own hand and massaged a dollop of hand-lotion into my boot (also didn't work).

I read online to rub extra virgin olive oil on the affected area and brush off after 15 minutes. ....also doesn't seem to be working...

SO, my dear BBBers, does anyone have other ideas for me? ...please?

baymom
01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
I posted this in the lounge, but think it fits better here. Any ideas for a sad Mom?

bubbaray
01-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I would take it to a shoemaker and hope for the best.

FYI, when DD#2 got washable latex exterior paint on a super-cute dress (her sister had a matching one), there was no way to get that out.

jvs195
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
I second the shoe professional or try saddle soap (for cleaning leather). I cleaned my purse recently with it and it worked great. if you think it's truly a gonner then and maybe use a magic eraser very cautiously at first. Depends on the finish on the boots, but it's basically a super fine sandpaper.