PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of deals on a good trash can?

weech
01-20-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm fed up with our plastic kitchen trash can. I'd like to find a great deal on a nicer one (maybe stainless, large... is 13 gal the normal size?). Any ideas?

TIA!

DebbieJ
01-20-2011, 11:16 AM
We got ours at BBB with a 20% off coupon.

Twin Mom
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Check Costco. I bought mine a while ago so I'm not sure if they still have any but you could probably call and ask.

lowrioh
01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
We just got the SS ones from Costco and I'm pretty happy with them. We had a Simple Human one that came with the house but it was too small. The Costco ones aren't as nice as the Simple Human ones but they are a quarter of the price.

ETA: They comes set of two for ~$50, One is a regular large kitchen size and the other is a smaller one which we put in the bathroom

emschwar
01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
ETA: They comes set of two for ~$50, One is a regular large kitchen size and the other is a smaller one which we put in the bathroom
We have these. They're the ones that open when you waive your hand over it. Love it, though I do occasionally open it by walking too close :) But we've had them for almost a year and a half now and it's still going strong.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-20-2011, 01:43 PM
We got ours at BBB with a 20% off coupon.

we got a simple human one. love the thing, worth the $$. it says u have to use special bags but we don't (we use regular trash bags) and it works fine.

Jenn850
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
we love love love our simple human one!!! we also use normal bags. I got it at bbb with 20%. my husband often says it was worth the money:)

inmypjs
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
We bought a stainless steel one from Costco and love it. It came with a smaller office-sized trash can as well. It has a lid that opens automatically, either by touching a button or there is a motion sensor that opens the lid when your hands are above it. It takes quite a few D batteries, and I was worried about replacing them, but we've had it for a year and I still haven't replaced! The auto-open feature is nice when you are cooking and have messy hands and need to throw something away. I don't know the brand - but I have seen them at Costco recently.

geochick
01-20-2011, 03:17 PM
We LOVE our touchless can from Amazon. We've never had any problems with it, and guests love to talk about it.

http://www.amazon.com/iTouchless-Stainless-Steel-Hands-Free-13-Gallon-Automatic/dp/B000EJVYTS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1295551005&sr=8-5

weech
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely check these out... love the motion sensor feature, that would really come in handy. :thumbsup: