PDA

View Full Version : Mama cloth deal

Melaine
01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
I really like the pad I have from Party in My Pants, and they have some on super clearance. Their organic hemp/silk pads are marked down to $2.99! Please be sure to read the description about the liners before you buy, because the markdown is due to reports of them not holding up to heavy use. After reading it, I'm going to give them a try and maybe reinforce the seams if need be. For organic, this can't be beat, IMO. Shipping is $3.99.
Here are the sale ones: http://partypantspads.com/shop/sale/organic-hempsilk-clearance

Also, if you haven't tried them you might want to check out the free option here http://partypantspads.com/sale/cloth-pad-curious-giveaway

indigo99
01-20-2011, 01:55 PM
HUH? Cloth pads? I've never even heard of these so I had to do some reading. I did learn something interesting:

Actually, the best way to skirt around staining these pads is to simply machine-wash them. It might sound counter intuitive, but your cloth pads are more likely to hold a stain if you rinse or soak them before washing. Soaking allows the blood to penetrate the fibers more deeply, causing the fabric to stain more.

Never heard that before. I wonder if it's just true of blood stains.

Melaine
01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
HUH? Cloth pads? I've never even heard of these so I had to do some reading. I did learn something interesting:

Actually, the best way to skirt around staining these pads is to simply machine-wash them. It might sound counter intuitive, but your cloth pads are more likely to hold a stain if you rinse or soak them before washing. Soaking allows the blood to penetrate the fibers more deeply, causing the fabric to stain more.

Never heard that before. I wonder if it's just true of blood stains.

hmmm...interesting. I haven't pre-soaked mine but I just use an oxyclean soak once in awhile to get the stains out. Most of the time though I just don't worry about stains.

I loooooove my diva cup and mama cloth. Haven't used any disposable supplies in ages. These feel so much better, I can't wait to try organic.

lkarp
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
AF just returned after 10 months =(, so am needing to refresh the mama cloth stash. Thanks!

indigo99
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah. Not sure I'd be worried about stains on these, but in general... I'd never heard of soaking making a stain worse.

RunnerDuck
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I have Glad Rags, and then I made a bunch of similar pads using useless small flannel recieving blankets. I take no great measures to prevent staining... I never really cared if THOSE were stained. Form follows function. :-) I'd never pay for anything fancy in that department, though.... They are SO easy to make...

Melaine
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
I have Glad Rags, and then I made a bunch of similar pads using useless small flannel recieving blankets. I take no great measures to prevent staining... I never really cared if THOSE were stained. Form follows function. :-) I'd never pay for anything fancy in that department, though.... They are SO easy to make...

I thought about making them but i don't have the snap machine. I don't really like the flannel ones either.

RunnerDuck
01-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I thought about making them but i don't have the snap machine. I don't really like the flannel ones either.

You don't need a snap machine - you can get metal snaps that you whack in with a hammer and this little plastic do dad that comes with them... They're just Dritz snaps, I got them at JoAnn or WalMart and they seem to hold up just fine. Just a few bucks for them.

Melaine
01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
You don't need a snap machine - you can get metal snaps that you whack in with a hammer and this little plastic do dad that comes with them... They're just Dritz snaps, I got them at JoAnn or WalMart and they seem to hold up just fine. Just a few bucks for them.

That's good to know-thanks! I had no idea I could do that.

trales
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I just ordered some.

I have been making my own, but I am excited to try these. I have used sew on snaps. The ones I have made are better for around the house and at night, they are kind of thick.

dylansnan
01-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks Mel!
I've been wanting to try some cloth to use with my Diva. This was the deal I needed. I went for it and got 5, so $4 a piece with shipping- great deal for organic :D

zephyr
01-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks for posting this deal! I just ordered some of the mini ones, those are the only ones left, besides the thong ones. Did they have other sizes available earlier on or are these 2 the only sizes on sale?

AnnieW625
01-22-2011, 12:28 AM
Blood rinses out with hydrogen peroxide and doesn't bleach, I have used it on jeans many times.

Melaine
01-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for posting this deal! I just ordered some of the mini ones, those are the only ones left, besides the thong ones. Did they have other sizes available earlier on or are these 2 the only sizes on sale?

There were also small ones, not sure how much different they are than the minis.

bandgsmama
01-22-2011, 10:03 AM
thanks so much! i ordered a few to try out as backup with my diva cup.

Edensmum
01-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I love these and have many different fabrics and not a stain on one. I have a planet wise wet/dry bag, I keep them in the dry side, use them, put the used in the wet side, toss the lot in the wash on hot when the fun has ended. You don't need a wet bag, but I like it for organization and it hangs easily in the bathroom. No stains, no smell.

ChristinaLucia
01-22-2011, 10:19 AM
I love these and have many different fabrics and not a stain on one. I have a planet wise wet/dry bag, I keep them in the dry side, use them, put the used in the wet side, toss the lot in the wash on hot when the fun has ended. You don't need a wet bag, but I like it for organization and it hangs easily in the bathroom. No stains, no smell.

Thanks for the tip Edensmum! I ordered and am a little nervous to make the switch to cloth.

vludmilla
01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks, Melaine. I just bought four of the thong ones last night. Apparently the thong ones are convertible to the mini ones so they can be used two ways and that is why I bought those. I'm excited to try them for such a good price.

JenaW
01-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks Melanie for the link. I am off to check them out. Anyone have any good recs for postpartum pads? I am 32 weeks and change with #6 and probably going to deliver soon (already 2cm and contracting fairly often). I started using my diva after #3, but still used disposable pads after the last few deliveries. It probably makes more sense to do that again when my flow is so heavy, but honestly I HATE the feel of plastic. I so wish I could use my diva immediately, but I know that probably isn't a good idea. SIGH. I am also looking for some light ones, similar to panty liners.

Thanks!
J

ETA Shoot. All that is left are thongs. Bummer. I'll keep looking. Still appreciate any other recs.

daisymommy
01-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Jena,
I used these in the 14" size PP http://www.fresh-moon.com/
If you Google the brand with size, several different sites sell them.

I use smaller sizes and AIO's for all the other times.

You will need about 2-3 soaker pads for every 1 body.

diamond
04-07-2011, 03:53 PM
are these still on sale? i am interested ty

Melaine
04-07-2011, 04:03 PM
are these still on sale? i am interested ty

Those sold out, but here are some on sale: http://partypantspads.com/shop/sale/organic-spice-clearance

Don't forget to check out the free (+ship) offer: http://partypantspads.com/sale/cloth-pad-curious-giveaway