PDA

View Full Version : PSA Make Sure You Got Your Free Shipping With Boden

mommylamb
01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Just put this in an old thread, but figured I'd start a new one just in case people don't look at that post...

I had ordered a bunch of clearance items from Boden the other week when the FS/FR coupon came out. You'll remember that they had 15% off with FS/FR, but the 15% was only for full priced items. But, it appeared that clearance items were eligible for FS/FR, and when I made my order it showed up as $0 for shipping, so I pressed confirm. I got most of my order yesterday, and it did indeed come with a FR slip.

BUT, just checked my amex bill and it was for $10 more than what I thought I'd spent. So, I went back and looked at the confirmation email from Boden, and there was $10 shipping noted on that email.

I called CS to complain that I was charged for shipping when I shouldn't have been, and the CS agent told me the clearance items should not have gotten FS/FR, and that they shouldn't have sent me the FR slip. But, their website showed $0 for shipping at the time I confirmed the purchase. I'm really annoyed. She said someone might call me back about it.

So, if you recently bought clearance items from Boden and thought you would get FS/FR, please check your confirmation email, and let me know if you too got charged for shipping. If you did, I would encourage you to call their CS and let them know.

mommylamb
01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
I just tested it again and put a clearance item in my shopping bag and put in the WMAV code, and it showed again $0 for shipping when according to the CS agent it isn't supposed to. So, I called Boden back and they are crediting my shipping cost to my credit card since I made the purchase thinking I was getting FS. Again, if you purchased clearance items and used this code thinking you were getting FS, you probably got charged a shipping charge and you might want to call them.

lchang25000
01-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I place 2 orders so far with the WMAV code on clearance items to get the fs...1 order yesterday and 1 order this morning. Just checked both confirmation emails and I was not charged the $10 shipping. I'll keep a look out on my credit card bill though. I've never had any problems using codes to get fs on clearance items. Sorry you had to go through that.

Minnifer
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Yikes. I'm embarrassed to say how many orders I've placed in the last week as things have popped up (*because* of the FS) but when I look at my Order History on the site they're all showing as $0 for shipping. I just checked some of the confirmation emails and they all say free shipping as well. Guess I better check my CC statement now...

Ceepa
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I just checked my clearance order and was not charged for s/h.

mommylamb
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
That's so interesting. The CS person told me that the only way you should be getting FS with clearance items is if you also had regularly priced items in your same order, and that the WMAV code was supposed to be for full priced items only. Glad you all didn't get stuck with a shipping charge like I did.

iaam
01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
I placed one order with 3 clearance items. So far, no sign of a shipping charge...

Minnifer
01-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Just checked my CC - of the things that have shipped, no shipping charges. Phew!

Multimama
01-20-2011, 06:41 PM
I just checked too. No shipping charges in the confirmation e-mail or on my card.

mommylamb
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I wonder why this happened to me. When I called CS (both times) they were pretty adament that the FS/FR was not supposed to be for clearance stuff.