PDA

View Full Version : Laser hair removal?

ohsara430
01-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Anyone ever had laser hair removal done? I would love to have my legs done (knees down) but right now I am seriously considering having my underarms done. I figure it's a smaller area and I can see whether I really think it's worth it, having my legs done would be pricey. Any advice or experiences?

edurnemk
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
I had it done like 10 years ago, I was in college. I had legs (from the knee down), underarms and bikini area done. Best investment ever! I have very sensitive skin and had very hairy legs (if only I had inherited my mom's legs and not my dad's ;) ) so waxing and using an epilator was torture for me.

The hair in my armpits did come back in part (and a bit in the rest, but much less), but that's fairly common with a pregnancy, I just need to go in for a touch up session or two.

I think starting with the underarms is a good idea, that's what I did.

BabbyO
01-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I've had my legs done (and going back for touchups post pg) and in the process of getting underarms done.

I've had pretty good success on my lower legs where the hair is coarse and dark. Less so on the upper legs. I'm actually not all that happy with my underarms....despite being very dark hair, the laser doesn't seem to be doing as much for me in this area.

I'd just do my research...I think there's a couple different kinds of laser hair removal now (compared to when I started).

Good luck.