PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on the Lands End 30% "private sale"

wendibird22
01-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Received an email from Lands End regarding a 30% off and free ship (over $50) on all items (including sale and overstock) and I thought great, I just ordered a jacket during last week's FS deal. But, when I went to look at the jacket, the price was raised so that it was back to the price I bought it at AFTER the 30%. So just be warned that they've jacked up some of the prices since last week. I hate when a store makes it look like you are getting some great new deal when really it's the same deal as a week ago.

But, if you are still in the market for something code WOW30, pin 4518.

ETA: for example the coat I bought was $55. It's now up to $79.99. The toddler dresses from overstock which were $9 last week are now $12.99.

larig
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm glad you checked, OP, I was thinking the same thing--"darn, I just got such great deals and now there's more off?!" Makes me feel a little better. track jacket back up to 10.99, which is 7.69 after the 30%.

full price stuff would be a good deal now, though--I was looking at some beach pants for DS, but they weren't on sale, so maybe at 30% off I should snag them?

Anyone have the beach pants? reviews?

turtledove
01-21-2011, 11:53 AM
It is not giving me the free shipping over $50 - dealbreaker for me :(

mjmamma
01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
I know! I got a BG Pea Coat for $13.99, it's now back up to $29.99 making it only $20.99 with discount. The LG will end up being the same as last week but these are no better deals.
I think new full priced merchandise is the way to go.

nabigus
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM
This code includes the 30% off and free shipping over $50
Promotion Code JAN24 and PIN 5381

Edited to add: it explicitly excludes Canvas. Blah!

turtledove
01-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks nabigus!!

wendibird22
01-21-2011, 12:08 PM
It is not giving me the free shipping over $50 - dealbreaker for me :(

Boo. The code says free ship over $50. Wonder if they are having a technical glitch.

jvs195
01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
The "Warehouse Sale" ended last night so I expected the prices would go up. Oddly everything I ordered through yesterday went up about 30%. The 30% does not apply to Landsend Canvas. If there is a new full price item you want this is a good deal or if you really missed out on the last week of items most are the same.

ett
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
But, if you are still in the market for something code WOW30, pin 4518.

This is the code that I got too and it doesn't say free shipping anywhere in my email, just the 30% off. The previous sale was just a "3 day warehouse sale" according to their website, so I'm not surprised that the prices on some items went back up.

ett
01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I noticed the same thing. BUT the Lands End Canvas sale is still going on and the prices are still the same (at least the ones I checked), so there are some good deals to be had there.

Does it say this code includes Canvas. Because I got the code that the OP posted and it specifically says Canvas in excluded.

nabigus
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Does it say this code includes Canvas. Because I got the code that the OP posted and it specifically says Canvas in excluded.

Aiiigh! I didn't read carefully enough, going back to edit my post. Canvas is exclude. So sorry about that.

ett
01-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I noticed the same thing. BUT the Lands End Canvas sale is still going on and the prices are still the same (at least the ones I checked), so there are some good deals to be had there.

I just checked my Canvas order from Tuesday and it looks like all the items I bought went back up in price. So I still got a better deal even though I just used my 20% off coupon.

Minnifer
01-21-2011, 02:13 PM
The toddler dresses from overstock which were $9 last week are now $12.99.

I noticed that b/c I left one of these in my cart... I hate when retailers do this - they act like wow, you even get 30% off clearance! but then it winds up being either the same price or more as it was before they jacked the prices back up. It's kind of insulting, as if we won't notice. Bad form!

wendibird22
01-21-2011, 02:57 PM
This is the code that I got too and it doesn't say free shipping anywhere in my email, just the 30% off. The previous sale was just a "3 day warehouse sale" according to their website, so I'm not surprised that the prices on some items went back up.

This is what my email says:

Save 30% on Merchandise and receive Free Shipping with $50 Merchandise Purchase
Limited Time Offer — Save 30% on merchandise (excludes Buy and Save pricing, monogramming, gift boxing, gift cards, shipping, taxes and duties) and receive Free Shipping to U.S. and Canadian addresses on a single order of $50 or more of merchandise. Discount will be applied at checkout. 4-7 business day delivery to most addresses. Shipping upgrades not applicable. This offer has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Applies only to merchandise purchased from landsend.com and Lands’ End consumer catalogs. Excludes Lands’ End Business Outfitters and Lands’ End Canvas purchases. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Consumer is responsible for applicable taxes and duties. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. CST Monday, January 24, 2011.

When I click the link the LE page shows the 30% private sale ad and in the header it says 30% off and free shipping over $50.