PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gifts?

dukie41181
01-22-2011, 09:57 AM
My daughter's 2nd birthday is less than a month away and I've been asked a few times what she needs or wants. I'm stumped! With the holidays just going by I have no thoughts or ideas. Is there anything that your 2 year olds are really loving? Maybe we don't yet have it! I'd love love love to avoid big plastic toddler toys if possible. For the holidays she got a wooden play kitchen, tons of wooden play food, the Melissa & Doug shopping cart, chair from Ikea amongst other smaller things. The things mentioned are her favorite things to play with right now. Please help me figure out how to respond when asked! She doesn't NEED anything (except new tops to wear but I like to pick out her clothes) but I can't imagine a 2nd birthday party without gifts.

geochick
01-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Magnatiles! They're plastic, but even my 7 year old still likes ours. They're open ended, and kids from toddler on up love them!

new_mommy25
01-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I know it's kind of early, but how about asking for outside toys? Trike, 3 wheeled scooter, cozy coupe etc. There are also those wheelie bugs that would be fun if you have hardwoods. Books, coloring books, watercolor painting books, sticker books, play doh supplies, stamps, etc. are always fun to do. Also large lacing beads, magnetic fridge tiles (like the leapfrog fridge thing), duplos, animal pull toy, doll stroller, doll high chair (would go well with her kitchen). Bath toys, tub crayons, doll that can go in the water. A baby doll like Baby Stella or Corolle Calin or Newborn Little Mommy.

I got DD a stroller for her second birthday. She's almost 5 now and still plays with it almost every single day. Also the puppy on a string which I gave her for her 2nd birthday is also played with almost daily. I never imagined she would like that puppy so much!! Other toys that have withstood the test of time since she was two are her kitchen, toy vacuum, and baby dolls (DD likes the princess babies best).

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2711317

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4391432 I have no idea why DD likes her princess babies so much but she plays with these most over her other dolls.