PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 off Giant Nesting Rainbow

kristac
01-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Magic Cabin has the Giant Nesting Rainbows for $44.99 until 1/24.

http://www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?pcode=138&cm_mmc=Tagged-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&cm_lm=&mr:referralID=NA&mr:trackingCode=NA

http://www.magiccabin.com/mcabin_assets/images/about/828117_girl.jpg

Free shipping and vintage valentines on orders over $50 MCVAL11
ETA- shipping is $9.99 otherwise.

I've been drooling over these for ages but unfortunately $$ is too tight this week for me to snag them. Hope this helps someone else though.

Seitvonzu
01-22-2011, 01:16 PM
HOLY CRAP! great deal :) i think this might be the time !!!

Seitvonzu
01-22-2011, 01:42 PM
i ordered these. my child is 3, but i think they'll still be really fun-- we're just getting more into block play, so *fingerscrossed*

of course, i needed to get to 50 dollars- so i also ordered a PRINCESS DRESS AND HAT ... which got me well above 50 ;) and then i had to pay tax (stupid maryland...)

if anyone else needs to get to 50- i was going to just add a ribbon twirler thing for 7 dollars (that's still over, but cute and they have a valentines one-- you'd be at 52ish dollars?)

do you think the "free" valentines are the "vintage valentines" they are selling for 19.98? that would be a really nice bonus ;)!!!

and- have i mentioned that i'm still INFURIATED with magic cabin about something i ordered for christmas? i really need to call them about that --because i think that order is still "hanging out" and it worries me. this was too good to skip though- 45 shipped for the BIG rainbow? i hope i'm not the only one who caves!

wifecat
01-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I am so tempted. I've been looking at these for ages but really don't need them!

kristac
01-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I found a $15 off card I had forgotten about. MUST RESIST.

I am posting the code here to take away my temptation.

Edited- Taken
I hope this helps someone. Please post if you use it.

lchang25000
01-22-2011, 03:06 PM

86278839 (enter in the gift certificate box at checkout)

Looks like someone used it already and didn't post that they did...thanks for offering!

smiles33
01-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Someone used your code already! I was going to buy it with your $15 off but now I am hesitating.....

ahisma
01-22-2011, 03:10 PM

86278839 (enter in the gift certificate box at checkout)

WOW! I just used this, thank you! I came super close to getting the rainbow this Christmas but passed and have really regretted it. This is definitely going under the tree this year! I ordered some crayons for their classroom to hit the $50 and and help pass on your generosity:)

ahisma
01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Someone used your code already! I was going to buy it with your $15 off but now I am hesitating.....

Oops, I'm sorry! I'm posting / shopping on my phone and it takes me forever to type. I tried to come right back and post but it takes a bit of time to peck out the letters.

kristac
01-22-2011, 03:14 PM
WOW! I just used this, thank you! I came super close to getting the rainbow this Christmas but passed and have really regretted it. This is definitely going under the tree this year! I ordered some crayons for their classroom to hit the $50 and and help pass on your generosity:)

YVW. Glad you were able to use it. Hope your little one enjoys it!

wellyes
01-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Great deal, thanks OP! I am excited about this one. I ordered the magnetic dress up dolls as my filler item.

willow33
01-22-2011, 03:25 PM
You are not alone :) Just ordered it!

lmwbasye
01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks so much for the heads up. Ordered ours.

I also almost got this for Christmas but passed up. Couldn't at this price. :)

Staraglimmer
01-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Can someone explain this toy to me? Is it blocks? I don't get it. TIA

crl
01-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Awesome deal. Wonder if I should get this for dd for her first birthday? She already has a plan toy rocker thingy waiting. I was going to get a ride on for her, but this is tempting. I know ds would use them now. . . . .

Must contemplate.

Thank you for posting!
Catherine

elbenn
01-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I think the fairies tumbling ladder is cute. It is 70% off, and they have a video which shows how it works. Of course, you would need to order 2 to get over $50.

nrp
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I so don't need this, but it's too cute. Ordered a rainbow and then ordered some crayons for the kids easter baskets and... a noah's ark. I give DS holztiger animals each Christmas, and this ark looks about the same dimensions as the holztiger ark, but MUCH cheaper. I'm sure it's not quite the same quality, but the comparable holztiger ark was over $500!

Staraglimmer
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Can someone explain this toy to me? Is it blocks? I don't get it. TIA

Anyone??

wellyes
01-22-2011, 09:21 PM
It's a big colorful wood thing kids will use in a variety of ways - a conduit for imaginative play. there are a lot of block sets, what makes this extra cool is the size (can be made into a toddler tunnel) and the fact that it's carved into a curled shape.

kristac
01-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Anyone??

Here's a good description-

Grimm's Large Rainbow Rings is probably GRIMM'S most popular toy and now you can see why!
This beautiful set of wooden rings represent the element of air and looks like a large rainbow. The colorful wooden rings are all different sizes and reflect the vibrant colors of the rainbow. This fun Waldorf Toy is great for nesting, stacking and it can also be telescoped in a variety of ways. This versatile wooden toy is made of solid wood (Alder) and finished with baby safe paints and lacquers, the large set of Grimms Rainbow Rings is appropriate for children 18 months and older to explore with all their senses.

All the rings in this colorful set are of different sizes and the largest ring measure 15 inches wide by 7 inches high.
The Rainbow Rings is a very versatile toy. While watching toddlers and children play with the rainbow rings you will notice how boundlessly the possibilities are when they are left to their own imagination. Arranging the rings according to height or color or using the rings in imaginative play. A moment ago the ring was a house for little toy people, then as a riding ring for horses or as a cradle for dolls or a tunnel for cars. This creative toy will accompany your child for a long time and will be rediscovered along the way.
The rings can also be used for seasonal table decorations. For Kids 2 to 10 years.

Made in Germany by GRIMM'S Wooden Toys. This beautiful large Wooden Rainbow by GRIMMS Spiel und Holz Design is made with love and care in Germany. GRIMM German European Wooden Toys are of exceptional quality. The rainbow rings are great for developing a child's perception of color and their grasp of space. A great toy to encourage independent, imaginative play and stimulating creative development.

Grimm's wooden toys have a durable surface finish with no sharp corners or edges and the paints and lacquers used on their toys are safe for babies and children to explore with all their senses. Grimm's is well known for their unique wooden toys and wooden puzzles that are not only beautiful but it is designed to provide a stimulating play experience - challenging toddlers and children to think and use their imagination.

zoestargrove
01-22-2011, 10:23 PM
these have been MY absolute favorite toy I've purchased (well, maybe second after our magnatiles) We've had our xtra large rainbow for 4 years I think. They are so beautiful, I leave it in our living room on a bookshelf and it gets pulled down and incorporated into play regularly still after 4 years!

My boys have stacked them, made towers, nested them. They telescope the arches to make caves, create circles by putting 2 together and then play a modified skee ball with bean bags. The arches are used to create roofs for the buildings they make with their unit blocks, they're used to make mazes for trains, cars, and action figures. Holding pens and fences for small schleich animals and dinos. They are used as half pipes for their playmobil skaters and I'm sure dozens of more ways that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I've NEVER seen them at this price.

Twoboos
01-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Hmmm, I may get this for my niece for her 1st bday! These look cool and like they be a long-lasting toy.

I could see my DDs using these, too. (Well, when we visit DN! :))

jgm
01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Thinking of purchasing these, but worried about how sturdy they are. Will they withstand a toddler boy standing on them and jumping off? b/c that is what I envision :)
Thanks for the input from anyone who has these!

zoestargrove
01-22-2011, 11:04 PM
funny you say that. the first week we owned them, my husband accidentally stepped on one and it broke. Fortunately, some wood glue we applied did the trick.

They are quite sturdy - the wood is nearly a half inch thick, but I would discourage stepping and jumping off of them. ;-)

wifecat
01-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Now I'm feeling like I have to buy them. They're beautiful, they're fun, they're unusually low priced at the moment...

Tell me my non-building daughter will grow to love them, or that my still infant son will adore them if she doesn't! :wink2:

ett
01-22-2011, 11:30 PM
I caved and bought one. I have never seen them at this price before. I added in a playsilk to get free shipping.

wifecat
01-22-2011, 11:46 PM
I caved, too. And drug a friend down with me, so we got free shipping with two rainbows...we're each giving them to each other's children for their birthdays. Hehehehe.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-23-2011, 12:51 AM
I added the fairy tumbling ladder and a pair of 99 cent bamboo knitting needles to get over $50 for the free shipping.

#6 Bamboo Knitting Needles, 10" long
Item #826101

indigo99
01-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Can someone tell me why this is a choking hazard?

wifecat
01-23-2011, 01:22 AM

I wondered the same thing. They're giant! I think it's a CYA thing - everything seems to say that it's for 3+ and poses a choking hazard.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Gosh darn it. Paid $70 at Christmas! UGGHHH.... GREAT deal!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-23-2011, 02:50 AM

Maybe a chocking hazard for a Great Dane, I have them, they are NOT a chocking hazard for a kiddo!

LAMom
01-23-2011, 09:20 AM
They have a balance bike on sale, too, 44.98
http://www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?pcode=3508

No info on manufacturer- does anyone know if that's a good deal and if the bike is good?

Multimama
01-23-2011, 09:27 AM

Anything that has the potential to break into smaller pieces has to be listed as a choking hazard even if at its intended size it isn't a hazard. For example, toy cars that have small wheels are choking hazards even if as long as the wheels don't get pulled off no one could choke on the toy as a whole. As someone said from experience, these are breakable, so it's conceivable they could splinter or break in a way that would make them a choking hazard. It seems unlikely, but I guess they have to label it like that since it's possible.

Melaine
01-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh no! I really want this! I can't though....just can't.

zoestargrove
01-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Melaine, I know what you mean. This is killing me. I just want to buy one to buy it at this price - but, we don't need 2 and I don't really have anyone in the near future I could gift this too. I asked DH if I could buy it as a future gift for perhaps our grandchildren? So, I keep coming back to this post to live vicariously through all the people who are buying it. ;)

calv
01-23-2011, 09:51 AM
for the people/kids that have this. what are your thoughts? looks pretty as a decor and more for that purpose. me want, LOL!

minnie-zb
01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I so want to buy the rainbow, but my girls are 9 and 6. And that just seems silly, but it is an awesome deal.

crl
01-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, I bought one for dd's 1st birthday in April. I am 99 percent sure older ds will play with it since he plays with his unit blocks everyday. So hopefully they will both get some use out of it. I add the Eco star shaped crayons to get over $50 and they will go in ds' Easter Basket, as a previous poster suggested.

Thanks!
Catherine

lisa928
01-23-2011, 11:08 AM
i found a 20% off $50+ coupon (CBNMCVDY) but it does not seem to work with the free shipping. Depending on how much you spend it may be better to use the coupon and pay the shipping.

sewarsh
01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
i found a 20% off $50+ coupon (CBNMCVDY) but it does not seem to work with the free shipping. Depending on how much you spend it may be better to use the coupon and pay the shipping.

ARe you offering to give that cupon away, becuase if so, I'd LOVE it!!!

Nevermind, just realized it doesn't work with FS which you specify above. Bummer!

lisa928
01-23-2011, 11:59 AM
ARe you offering to give that cupon away, becuase if so, I'd LOVE it!!!

Nevermind, just realized it doesn't work with FS which you specify above. Bummer!

I found it online so it is not a one time use, but again does not work with FS.

Maxlee
01-23-2011, 12:03 PM
so tempted to get one for DD who will be 3 in june . . . I think she will love playing with it since she LOVES all kinds of imaginative play - this board makes me buy too many things on sale!!!

Seitvonzu
01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
belle--- don't feel bad about spending 70 at christmas...that's less than i spent on this "deal" b/c when i went to add my filler item i added a princess hat AND a princess dress...i was going to add a twirly ribbon (valentine's themed), but i saw the dress as a "suggested" item fror 12.99 and then of course it's listed with the hat for 9.99.... then you add on the tax i was charged (live in maryland...)

and this after i had sworn off magic cabin. and ordered a ton of wedding playmobil.

this board kills me ;)

Seitvonzu
01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
maxlee--- my child just turned 3 and also loves imaginative play (my mother calls her "amelie") i've been looking at these rainbows for at least 2 years. i kept hedging because of the price and because my child just wasn't into blocks (and we have SO MANY blocks because *i* love them)...

just recently we've had a real EXPLOSION in block interest. i might have thought this was a toy for younger kids when i started looking, but i really think she'll get so much more out of it NOW than if i'd tried it at 1 or even 2. i say-- wonderful birthday gift! :) (i'd save ours for that, but we'd have to wait until december and *i* can't wait! )

wellyes
01-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Mine turns 3 in March and I think she's just the right age for these. Not too late at all.

dukie41181
01-23-2011, 02:31 PM
I grabbed one for my daughter's 2nd birthday coming up next month. She has just recently gotten into stacking things so hopefully she'll love this!

wifecat
01-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Just so people know, I ordered two last night about 10:30pm EST and then today emailed to see if I could add a third. They let me, but responded that two were backordered and one wasn't. Not sure if I would have been notified of that if I hadn't emailed about adding on! On the website it still just says "available" not "backordered". They didn't say what date they expect them in.

zoestargrove
01-23-2011, 03:09 PM
this is definitely a gift that will grow with your children. I gave it to my son when he was 2yo. My boys are now 7.5 and 6 and still use this rainbow regularly. They've always been imaginative -but their block play didn't really take off until after they turned 4 - or maybe it was 5yo.

Initially, the rainbow blocks were used with thomas the trains, matchbox cars, and dinos ...they would set them up on the floor to make a maze for the toys to find their way out of, turn the arches into bridges or tunnels etc.

srhs
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I really, really, really want this.
That is all.
*sigh*

Zaney
01-23-2011, 05:15 PM
You guys are all a bunch of enablers. I didn't even know I wanted this until now. Needless to say DD will be getting one for either her bday or Xmas!

Seitvonzu
01-23-2011, 05:20 PM
i worried about the person who mentioned their's being backordered..... i reallyreally hope my order goes through (ordered yesterday around noon) because this will be my second issue with magic cabin and backorders.

one was a christmas issue which is still unresolved.

GRRRR! stupid magic cabin. i'mgoing to try and not borrow trouble until i hear about my order-- but they really need to get their inventory system up to snuff.

Maxlee
01-23-2011, 05:37 PM
I ordered one!! If DD's don't like playing with this it would look nice on a shelf . . . right?? (Maybe DH will go for that!) ;)

Jo..
01-23-2011, 05:41 PM
To everyone else considering:

JUST SAY NO!
'
Too many pieces. They will wind up all over your house.

I am purging and have sold or donated all toys with more than 5 parts except MAGNATILES.

Too much mess...kids just travel around the house with pieces to drive you nuts.

This is a lovely toy, but it will not find a home in MY HOUSE.

Maxlee
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM

JUST SAY NO!
'

I am purging and have sold or donated all toys with more than 5 parts except MAGNATILES.

Too much mess...kids just travel around the house with pieces to drive you nuts.

This is a lovely toy, but it will not find a home in MY HOUSE.

This has MUCH less pieces than the toys that are my girls favorites (polly pockets, Lego and playmobil!!) I think it should be pretty easy to keep this rainbow together and I think it will make quite a nice home, cave, slide, etc for the other toys.

Seitvonzu
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
oh Jo, you can try....but the strength of the rainbow is too much for resisting! :):):)

my child is thankfully not a "piece mover"---when we have playdates i go nearly crazy trying to relocate all the pieces that have gone EVERYWHERE in my house. it makes me crazy.... somehow my child has picked up on this neurosis of mine and 'kitchen' stays in the kitchen, living room stays in the living room, playroom in the playroom, etc. there are a few exceptions (books, princesses...) but not too bad.

we are big with the playmobil & pollys too...so this seems pretty easy to deal with to me :) and beautiful :)

Corie
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
and ordered a ton of wedding playmobil.

Yes, but so worth it!!! :)

pastrygirl
01-23-2011, 08:53 PM

JUST SAY NO!
'

This is a lovely toy, but it will not find a home in MY HOUSE.I totally agree -- we specifically said NO PIECES for last Christmas, LOL! But, I did order the nesting rainbow anyway. For my younger son, who seems to keep things in place. I'll just pretend that my older son won't move everything all over the house.

zoestargrove
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
This is only 12 pieces - and in my experience (this toy and magnatiles are the easiest and funnest for the kids to pick up themselves.) they are the first toys that get picked up- magnatiles just stick to themselves making clean up easy and this toy gently sings out...put me back the way I belong. When I say its time to clean, one boy will call out they are in charge of magnatiles and the other takes the rainbow. I have to beg, scold and plead to get all the other pieces that need to be picked up (playmobil and lego mostly). This is probably one large reason I have such a deep love for those 2 toys.)

I should institute a buy back program for anyone who doesn't find this a lovely addition to their home. ;)

ourbabygirl
01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Could someone answer this? In the two pictures they have (one with the girl sitting on top of the one end, and the other with the girl laying underneath it), it looks like a big structure, but the dimensions say

7"H x 3"D x 15"W

which seems really tiny. What's the story on that? Could those of you who have it please comment on the actual size? How long does it end up being when you extend it out like they have it in the picture? And where you keep it in your home? Like, would it fit in the one of the cubbies of the Expedit? ;)

Thanks!

ett
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Could someone answer this? In the two pictures they have (one with the girl sitting on top of the one end, and the other with the girl laying underneath it), it looks like a big structure, but the dimensions say

7"H x 3"D x 15"W

which seems really tiny. What's the story on that? Could those of you who have it please comment on the actual size? How long does it end up being when you extend it out like they have it in the picture? And where you keep it in your home? Like, would it fit in the one of the cubbies of the Expedit? ;)

Thanks!

That would be the dimension when it is nested. It would be too wide for an Expedit cubby.

KpbS
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Out of Stock now..........

Ceepa
01-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Oh thank goodness. lol! I was tempted but holding out.

cucaw30
01-24-2011, 01:09 PM

How did you find out? I ordered last night and haven't received an email saying they are OOS. I am keeping my fingers crossed . . .

wifecat
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Just so people know, I ordered two last night about 10:30pm EST and then today emailed to see if I could add a third. They let me, but responded that two were backordered and one wasn't.

Though I was told two of my three were backordered, all three shipped USPS today!

Multimama
01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
How did you find out? I ordered last night and haven't received an email saying they are OOS. I am keeping my fingers crossed . . .

It's written on the website when you try to buy the item.

I received an order confirmation that says under "Status" "Available 00/00/00."

Does that mean it is never going to be available? So strange. (The other items in the order are listed as In Stock under the Status.)

dukie41181
01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
It's written on the website when you try to buy the item.

I received an order confirmation that says under "Status" "Available 00/00/00."

Does that mean it is never going to be available? So strange. (The other items in the order are listed as In Stock under the Status.)

Mine too! And if the it doesn't ship, I don't want my filler item. Anyone know? But oddly when I look at my invoice I got right after I placed my order it said available, just like my other item. I'd love to know what this means but am anxious about calling!

wifecat
01-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Mine too! And if the it doesn't ship, I don't want my filler item. Anyone know? But oddly when I look at my invoice I got right after I placed my order it said available, just like my other item. I'd love to know what this means but am anxious about calling!

I called this morning and the person I talked to was really nice. I emailed before and I think talking to them was more helpful. Good luck!

indigo99
01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Oh thank goodness. lol! I was tempted but holding out.

Same here. I had it in my cart last night and decided to wait until today. Would love to have it but just do not need to be spending $ right now.

jgm
01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I just called & the representative said that the giant nesting rainbow is indeed on backorder, but order will be filled. They do not have a definite date b/c they are waiting to hear from the manufacturer.

I just ordered one :). Not sure for which child or which occasion, but I know I will be glad I have it stashed when the time comes!

pastrygirl
01-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Just got my shipping notice, for my filler item only. Shipping was still noted at 0, though.

crl
01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Just got my shipping notice, for my filler item only. Shipping was still noted at 0, though.

Me too. I don't need the rainbow for awhile, but I sure hope they don't cancel it.

Catherine

Seitvonzu
01-25-2011, 09:50 AM
i got my shipping message this morning- for my entire order(rainbow,princess dress/hat and the free valentines)- but i ordered around noon on saturday- as soon as i saw the original post....

i don't mean to be debbie downer, but i was just on the phone with magic cabin yesterday about a backorder issue. way back in november i ordered something that was backordered. i actually called to place the order (which i never do but wanted a person to check the stock, not the computer) and they told me they DID have stock and it would ship. icalled -- got a whole different story...and was reallyreally disappointed, but i kept my order on the off chance. then i got a post card with a new backorder date and called again. they told me that it actually would ship THE NEXT DAY and arrive for christmas...it seemed weird to me , but whatever. on christmas eve it was evident this wasn't going to happen. i gave up. just the other day when i placed my order they sent me an ORDER CONFIRMATION for the product i ordered in NOVEMBER. ?!?!?! so i called -- primarily because it said that i was going to be charged 70+ dollars for a 30 dollar item. it was bizarro. when i called they had NO idea what i was talking about, and i *finally* gave up and cancelled my order. the new back order date on that is in march sometime and i just don' thave the patience for it. i might write them an email with the whole saga (probably forgetting some of it, i'm sure DH could remind me) or just let it go.

i AM happy about my rainbow, but pretty bummed about the CS of magic cabin. i talked to 3 different people and the only positive experience was my first one (the person who basically made false promises... which i wasn't looking for) hopefully this deal works for everyone without too much hassle! but i just wanted to give my experience with their backordered items (oh...and they will ship those filler items-- trust me,that's how my order got up to 70 dollars... GRR!)

wellyes
01-25-2011, 10:03 AM
I got shipping confirmation for the rainbow & my filler item- ordered about 1:00.

schrocat
01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I just got a shipping confirmation for my filler item but I was charged for the whole order, including the rainbow. That rainbow had better ship!

dukie41181
01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I got a shipping notice for just my filler item. Frankly, what would have been nice was an email letting me know the rainbow was backordered. I knew only from reading this thread. It would seem they'll be getting lots of calls about it and some simple, clear communication would be nice!

dukie41181
01-25-2011, 12:47 PM
I just called to check and express that I was diappointed in the lack of communication re: the backorder. They said there were 50 orders on backorder right now. She said you'd be notified via postcard. I don't get why they wouldn't just email. She said you'd get a postcard within a week or TWO! Seems quite silly to me. Is Magic Cabin a small company?

chlobo
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know if they are small but they are very disorganized.

I needed to return a gift that someone gave us for christmas and had them send me a UPS label (via snail mail no less). I returned it and now they can't find it. And the customer service person forgot to put the UPS tracking # in my record on the computer so when they get the package they won't know its mine. I also included my name but its been 3 weeks and no package.

Seitvonzu
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
i don't think magic cabin is that small...they been around a long time and personally, i just think they need to UPDATE. the postcard thing baffles me-- that was part of my christmas mice snafu. when i called i had them verify my email address-- i asked them, will i get emails in the future? they assured i would. then the post card, and the random "order confirms"--it was really a mess and i started getting paranoid that they would mess up in terms of billing- so i cancelled that order.

when things are available, they ship fast and i love the products (yes, DH , some of it can't be gotten elsewhere *sigh*)...but if you have a problem? oy. i know someone else who had trouble with them this christmas and just narrowly got their grandkids "big present" despite it being "available" in plenty of time.

this was such a good deal i took the risk. can't wait for our rainbow to come :)

crl
01-25-2011, 03:57 PM
I emailed about the rainbow and the response I got was that it is backordered and they expect it to ship in two weeks. Two weeks is fine with me, hope it really does! And as other have said, would have been nice to have been told upfront rather than having to ask.

Catherine

Melarina
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
My fillers shipped but rainbow is backordered.

When I called this morning the person sounded pretty confused. She said to call back in a week (!!!) or maybe two days. That they might know then when the rainbow would ship. Or IF it would ship.

Not too impressed, I have to say. :irked:

Hope we all get our rainbows -- and if not, that cancelling is not the hassle I fear it might be!

Multimama
01-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Earlier today their website set of the Nesting Rainbow (http://www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?pcode=138):

"Order today for shipment 3/17/11."

Now it says:

"Order today for shipment 4/18/11."

I guess we'll see!

MamaMolly
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I double checked my emails and it looks like I have an order confirmation for the rainbow and filler, and a shipping confirmation for the free valentines. Which they shipped to the wrong (billing, not mailing!!) address. I didn't order the rainbow to get the valentines, but it is really annoying that they are going to the wrong address. It will be MONTHS before I get them, if they arrive at all. :irked:

Gack! I just clicked on the tracking number to see the delivery date for the valentines and it said the order cannot be found. Ohhhhh, this smells like a BP waiting to happen!! :(

elbenn
01-27-2011, 10:32 PM
I received mine today. It's very nice, although a little smaller than I expected. The vintage valentines are great freebies. The fairy ladder is totally adorable and a great value for $5. It works just like the video on their website showed and it would make an adorable gift with a book about fairies.

ahisma
01-27-2011, 10:46 PM
So weird. I got one shipping confirmation for all 3 items (crayons, fairy ladder and rainbow). Two boxes arrived today - one with the fairy ladder, valentines (so cute!) and a travel sized tube of toothpaste (sample, I guess?). The other just had the crayons. I guess the rainbow is coming in yet another box? It seems like their shipping costs must be through the roof at this rate!

nrp
01-27-2011, 10:58 PM
I placed two separate orders, because I had over $50 in each. The rainbow shipped UPS, and I have a tracking for that. But the other items shipped in two separate shipments via USPS, and both of the tracking numbers are invalid (according to USPS website). Anyone else have this problem?

Multimama
01-27-2011, 11:25 PM
But the other items shipped in two separate shipments via USPS, and both of the tracking numbers are invalid (according to USPS website). Anyone else have this problem?

Mine was invalid too for USPS, but it arrived today anyway. I think that is just a weird glitch with USPS. It is possible to get a tracking number, but if you don't pay the extra fee for tracking then it comes up with a strange message like that. It doesn't mean there is a problem with your package, it just means they didn't pay for tracking on it.

nrp
01-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Got it - thanks!

pastrygirl
01-27-2011, 11:30 PM
USPS "tracking" numbers aren't actually tracking numbers -- they're delivery confirmation numbers. Some stops along the way don't bother to scan it, and if that's the case, you won't get any info for that stop and maybe none at all. It's annoying!

MamaMolly
01-28-2011, 01:35 AM
I received mine today. It's very nice, although a little smaller than I expected. The vintage valentines are great freebies. The fairy ladder is totally adorable and a great value for $5. It works just like the video on their website showed and it would make an adorable gift with a book about fairies.

When did you order? Was it on back order?

mikala
01-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Did anyone else receive the valentines alone in a huge packing box? So silly.

Multimama
01-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Did anyone else receive the valentines alone in a huge packing box? So silly.

I did! So strange!

Melarina
02-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Anyone else hear anything about the rainbow?

Called Magic Cabin just now and was told it is backordered until April 18 :shake:, but that I should still receive free shipping.

Sigh.

ChristinaLucia
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I got mine - it's nice but not as big as I had imagined. We all love it though!

crl
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Umm, I have until April 5 so I thought I was safe. . . . .

Catherine

dukie41181
02-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Anyone else hear anything about the rainbow?

Called Magic Cabin just now and was told it is backordered until April 18 :shake:, but that I should still receive free shipping.

Sigh.

Why put something as Deal of the Week when there isn't the inventory or even the prospect of getting more inventory quickly/soon?!

zoestargrove
02-01-2011, 03:45 PM
THAT is totally baffling! I can't believe what a customer service nightmare they created for themselves.

smiles33
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Anyone know how their return policy is? I got a fairy headband as the filler but for $12, the piece looks like something from the $1 store! If I return it, am I going to be charged for shipping on the original shipment (since I used it to get the free shipping)?

crl
02-01-2011, 06:22 PM
So annoyed. I sent an email asking about the status and was told it is now on backorder until April 18. I fired back a complaint and the response I got was that the date is only an estimate and it could be pushed back farther. Oh, and no promise to let me know if that happens.

Grrrr. So now, do I wait to see if it ever ships or cancel now? And will hey charge me shipping on my filler item, which I have already received, if I cancel the rainbow?

Catherine

jennilynn
02-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Is it anything like this one at target.com? I've been eyeing this for a while...it's a pretty good price.

http://www.target.com/Educo-Curved-Rainbow-Block-Set/dp/B0033ZY76M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=educo&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-6&qid=1296780911&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Educo%20Curved%20Rainbow%20Block%20Set&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Is it anything like this one at target.com? I've been eyeing this for a while...it's a pretty good price.

http://www.target.com/Educo-Curved-Rainbow-Block-Set/dp/B0033ZY76M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=educo&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-6&qid=1296780911&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Educo%20Curved%20Rainbow%20Block%20Set&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

The GSH one is WAY better. The other one is curved, so it doesn't stack, like you cannot start with the biggest and stack the smaller ones on top.

kristac
02-03-2011, 09:03 PM

I'm pretty sure the educo one is way smaller.

zoestargrove
02-03-2011, 10:16 PM
the finish on the Target one also looks like it would chip. The finish of the other is beautiful. You can see the grain slightly through the stain.

Seitvonzu
02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
crl- i'm sorry you are having that experience. i've told my "tale of woe" about magic cabin and the dressable poseable mice so many times... they are AWFUL when something is backordered. reallyreally awful.

but if you cancel the order, i'm pretty sure you won't be charged shipping due to the backorder- so that's one thing. it's NOT helpful if you didn't want the filler item in the first place (except to get out of very expensive shipping). i think they should always send the backorder notices FIRST and let you opt out of the rest of the order-- but they don't. like they say you may not even hear about the backorder! (or in my case you might get a weird postcard when the item is supposedly in stock ...and when you call they tell you they are filling your order THAT DAY, until you call them a month later when YOU notice it's backordered again ;)) sorry... tangent.

that said- i still ordered the rainbow and i'm happy about it -- but i do keep my expectations very low with magic cabin.

chottumommy
02-04-2011, 10:29 AM

The target one is painted and not stained. I'm pretty sure it would chip off slowly. There are a couple of ones on etsy
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62772874/small-rainbow-stacker-eco-friendly?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=rainbow%2Bstacker&ga_search_type=handmade

and they do seem to be stained. This particular seller has very good quality things (I have a few of the other things from the shop). The size would however be much smaller than the Spiel and Holz rainbow.

Maxlee
05-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Did anyone else NOT yet get their rainbow? They are telling me shipping 6/3!! I got it for DD's birthday at the end of June - i figured no problem ordering in January!!

elbenn
05-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Their website shows shipping is as of 6/3/11, so I think you will probably get it sometime in early June.

ETA: That is the shipping date for putting in a new order on their website.

nanoo
05-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Just talked with cs yesterday..she said 6/3 too. She said it was "for certain", but after I said I had heard that before, she said she would have their "product specialist" call me to confirm. I'll let you know if and when I ever hear any more!

ahisma
05-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Ugh! FWIW, they told me that the 4/23 date was "for certain" too. I see that they are sold out elsewhere, I wonder if there is a problem getting them from the manufacturer for some reason.

nanoo
05-03-2011, 01:47 PM
just got the call from their specialist--it is 6/3 now, but "not guaranteed, as it is an imported item and we have had trouble getting them"...was a vm, so I could not ask questions, but doubtful they had more to offer in terms of answers. I'm wondering how much longer to wait (more) before cancelling!

Seitvonzu
05-05-2011, 08:27 AM
I'd keep your order, but have a back up plan. You will know if the product ships because that's when they'll charge you (so check your bank card/credit card to see if it posts, i'd do it on 06/04). if it doesn't hit your card (i wouldn't count on them to email you like amazon or other companies do-- they don't even do this for backorder status). you said the birthday is at the end of june? if you don't see that its shipping i would call and ask what is going on (i might give it a few days to ship, but it really depends...if they say the 3rd is "fast" it should happen by the 5th kwim?)

if it doesn't ship with this date, seems like you still have a good chunk of time to get your back-up (even if you have to order online and have it shipped)

not to discourage you but i had HUGE issues with a product for christmas (that i ordered months in advance....). magic cabin/hearthsong-- great/fast if they HAVE the item you want....backorders? A DISASTER!!!!!!

i have ordered since the christmas mice snafu, because the price was right/etc. but i've heard too many sad tales about "special" gifts to put all my eggs in their basket :( the one thing around our house is....there is always a "backup" plan (and a mommy who overbuys anyway)

i hope you get your rainbow! for what it's worth-- we got ours and it is a very special toy. good luck *hug*

pastrygirl
05-05-2011, 08:54 AM
I completely forgot about this! It's for a late August birthday... I'll surely get it by then, right???!!!

MamaMolly
05-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I just cancelled my order today. I can't wait any longer. Ordered in January for Heaven's sake! :irked:

First and last order with MC.

crl
05-07-2011, 05:05 PM
I was just thinking about this and wondering if it would EVER ship. Thanks for the update.

Catherine

wifecat
05-07-2011, 08:19 PM
What a bummer! I can't believe those still haven't shipped. We got ours just a few days after ordering, and I have to say, it's one of my favorite toys, and one of my daughter's, too. I don't think we have any other toy that encourages quite the level of creativity that this toy does. She turns it into a racetrack, makes a flower design around her brother (hehe), drives her cars through the tunnel, turns it into a rocker for her stuffed animals, and stacks the pieces into very artistic sculptures...it's awesome. I hope everyone gets their backorders soon!

dukie41181
05-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I was just thinking about this and wondering if it would EVER ship. Thanks for the update.

Catherine

ME TOO!!!! I think of it from time to time so was just coming to try and find this old thread.

I'm with MamaMolly, first and last order with Magic Cabin for me too. I better REALLY love this toy!

Maxlee
05-24-2011, 11:58 PM
I just checked the magic cabin website - it now says shipping 6/27/2011 !!!! :hopmad:

crl
05-25-2011, 12:09 AM
I just checked the magic cabin website - it now says shipping 6/27/2011 !!!! :hopmad:

Hmm, think we might get it in time for Christmas? Grrr.

Catherine

Multimama
06-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I just checked the website and it says order now for shipment 8/1/11!!

This is just ridiculous.

dukie41181
07-08-2011, 07:47 AM
I just got a shipping confirmation! I left the order and just moved on. Anyone else?!

pastrygirl
07-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Yup, just got my shipping confirmation. Should be here next week... let's see... that's about 7 months???

ahisma
07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I got a shipping confirmation too! Crazy. In reality, I did order for this coming Christmas, but I had long ago given up.

This line cracked me up:

"Thank you for your recent order with Magic Cabin. The item listed below has shipped and is on the way!"

Multimama
07-08-2011, 02:38 PM
"Thank you for your recent order with Magic Cabin. The item listed below has shipped and is on the way!"

I thought that was hilarious too! I am excited this will arrive in time for DS's birthday. I was thinking maybe next Christmas...

logan's mom
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I thought about buying this but didn't want to have to store it until DS's birthday in August. Kind of funny that the timing would have worked out.....who would have imagined it would take that long to ship!!!! Glad you guys might actually get your rainbows.

AnnieW625
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Darn, that would've been perfect for DD2's Christmas present or her second birthday present (April, 2012). I'll have to add that to my list of items to be on the look out for.

JTsMom
07-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I can't believe you all are still dealing with this! One of the craziest deal stories I've ever heard. You guys have serious dedication!

ahisma
07-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I got my shipping notice today, AND it arrived today.

sste
07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Got mine too. Was racing to post b/c I was worried you all didn't know. So, glad to hear other giant rainbows are shipping!

Magic Cabin, never again. NEVER.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-08-2011, 10:21 PM
It is such a cool toy! I am glad you guys will actually get them!:bighand: FINALLY!!!!

Seitvonzu
07-08-2011, 10:25 PM
if it makes anyone feel better- ours have yet to come out of the storage closet and i DID get them 7 months ago. :) i'm happy this is working out for you all though! :)

Multimama
07-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Okay, I just got mine and I have a question: I thought they would be a half circle so that they could sit on the floor as an arch, but on the ones I received one side is significantly longer than the other so they won't sit flush to the floor on one side. This is a manufacturing flaw, right?

It is *very* noticeable so I don't know how quality control could have missed it (or even the person packing the box) so I just wanted to check.

They look very nice other than this flaw, but the packaging on mine was also torn. Will never be ordering from Magic Cabin again, that's for sure!

TwinsItIs
07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
if it makes anyone feel better- ours have yet to come out of the storage closet and i DID get them 7 months ago. :) i'm happy this is working out for you all though! :)
I'll gladly take them off you. :)

ahisma
07-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Okay, I just got mine and I have a question: I thought they would be a half circle so that they could sit on the floor as an arch, but on the ones I received one side is significantly longer than the other so they won't sit flush to the floor on one side. This is a manufacturing flaw, right?

It is *very* noticeable so I don't know how quality control could have missed it (or even the person packing the box) so I just wanted to check.

They look very nice other than this flaw, but the packaging on mine was also torn. Will never be ordering from Magic Cabin again, that's for sure!

I'm not sure that I understand what is going on with yours, but it sounds like there is definitely a problem. They do sit on the floor as an arch. I'd call ASAP, before they go out of stock again. Ugh.

Here's some images:

http://cache.gifts.com/photos/R/7/X/U/R7XU9984PWTB2HSNH75Y_L.jpg

http://www.finewoodentoys.com/nile/image.img?stage.width.max=420&picture.width.max=420&picture.image.url=%2Ffiles%2F3373883%2Fuploaded%2F TS_xl_rainbow_model.jpg&pid=1310247899773

crl
07-10-2011, 12:07 AM
I got my shipping notice, but haven't gotten the rainbow yet. I hope it actually shows up! I'm never, ever ordering from Magic Cabin again.

I am trying to decide whether I should hold onto this until Christmas for dd's big gift or just give it to the kids now. Dd is 15 months and ds is eight years old. Ds still likes building with unit blocks so I think he would get some use out of it, but by Christmas, who knows? Dd would probably get more out of it when she is a bit older. . . . We don't usually do toys in between birthdays/Christmas/other holidays, but Christmas is pretty far off (and both kids already had their birthdays).

Catherine

Maxlee
07-23-2011, 04:29 PM

i just opened my rainbow (i was on vacation for a couple of weeks). It does not sit flat on the floor as it is shrink wrapped (kinda like a half circle but bottom edge is zig zagged). Is it supposed to be a half circle (with flat bottom)? Is this what your are talking about? Is mine defective too? I'm not sure if I should unwrap it or contact customer service first . . . .

Multimama
07-23-2011, 04:36 PM
i just opened my rainbow (i was on vacation for a couple of weeks). It does not sit flat on the floor as it is shrink wrapped (kinda like a half circle but bottom edge is zig zagged). Is it supposed to be a half circle (with flat bottom)? Is this what your are talking about? Is mine defective too? I'm not sure if I should unwrap it or contact customer service first . . . .

Mine has one side that is flat and sits flat on the floor, but the other half (so the other end of each arch) is completely slanted at an angle so they do not sit flat on the floor. I just haven't had a chance to call customer service yet, but I really think it is a defect so I want to do that. I keep meaning to take a picture to see if I am just being too picky or if others have rainbows that are real half circles.

Maxlee
07-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Mine has one side that is flat and sits flat on the floor, but the other half (so the other end of each arch) is completely slanted at an angle so they do not sit flat on the floor. I just haven't had a chance to call customer service yet, but I really think it is a defect so I want to do that. I keep meaning to take a picture to see if I am just being too picky or if others have rainbows that are real half circles.

I read on another site that it is made from one piece of wood - kinda confused how it could be so messed up (and nobody noticed). Mine sits on the floor on one side and then zig zags in the middle about an inch - 1 1/2 inches a few times and then hits the floor again (I think). I will try to post a picture too

Multimama
07-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I read on another site that it is made from one piece of wood - kinda confused how it could be so messed up (and nobody noticed). Mine sits on the floor on one side and then zig zags in the middle about an inch - 1 1/2 inches a few times and then hits the floor again (I think). I will try to post a picture too

I know, I was confused how it could be so messed up without anyone noticing too. It is so obvious and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to cut a straight line, right? Sorry it sounds like you got a dud one too! Hope we can both get this taken care of asap.

pastrygirl
07-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Mine looked like it zig-zagged while still in the shrink wrap, but when I unwrapped it, it was fine. My husband says they are cut by hand and are harder to cut when you get closer to the middle. He's happy with how they look (he's a casual woodworker).