PDA

View Full Version : Any one use lily padz recently?

JenaW
01-22-2011, 01:27 PM
I checked the search forum and there are a bunch of posts from a few years ago, where the reviews were less than spectacular, but it seems like they may have changed the design. Any recent users? I usually just got the Lansinoh pads, but since we are TRYING to be more environmentally conscious, and I typically burn through several sets a day (I leak A LOT especially at night for the first few weeks or so probably bc I am a stomach sleeper), I thought I would look for something else. I've tried washable pads in the past, but either soak right through them or they are too bulky underneath my clothes. I tend to wear slightly more fitted shirts and I am large chested. I am also worried about milk pooling inside of them. Is it a mess/PITA if you are out in public and trying to nurse? What do you do with all that milk? And any increased incidence of yeast infections? Not sure that staying wet all day is a good idea either.

Thanks
J

MommytoEliana
01-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Haven't used them for a few years, but I'd be eager to hear, too. I was pretty happy with them with DS and plan to use them again when BFing the new baby.

lizzywednesday
01-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I used them if I were going out on a date with DH or something, but not in place of breast pads. They're tricky to keep track of while your LO nurses and then putting them back on is a beast - in your case, since you have 5 other kids to chase, I don't know that I would consider them practical. (Being the eldest of 4 myself, I couldn't imagine my mom using LilyPadz over breast pads!)

I like them OK; they come in a "large" size online (was considering this but I no longer leak, thankfully) and can be purchased through Amazon and Diapers.com

Honestly, for leaks, I much preferred the Avent "Eco-Friendly" pads which you can flush (if you don't have a septic tank) or compost, though they are priced at around $8/box.