PDA

View Full Version : ISO cheap softsoap or dial liquid hand soap!

ChefGirl
01-22-2011, 05:05 PM
We are completely out at the house. I ususally use them to create foam soup for all the pumps at the house. Where can I get some cheap ones? Costco? Can't remember their pricing. We had a huge gallon one that we used for at least a year or so! Thanks in advance!

DebbieJ
01-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Costco has the Softsoap refills and I just got a coupon flyer in the mail today with a coupon for them. Not sure when it starts, but you can always bring the coupon back for a price adj.

ChefGirl
01-22-2011, 05:21 PM
costco has the softsoap refills and i just got a coupon flyer in the mail today with a coupon for them. Not sure when it starts, but you can always bring the coupon back for a price adj.

thank you

Babymakes3
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM
We are completely out at the house. I ususally use them to create foam soup for all the pumps at the house. Where can I get some cheap ones? Costco? Can't remember their pricing. We had a huge gallon one that we used for at least a year or so! Thanks in advance!

How do you make it into foam soap?

Pinky
01-22-2011, 08:08 PM
How do you make it into foam soap?

You can buy foam dispensers from Pampered Chef etc... or we just buy a foam soap pump (softsoap brand etc) and then refill it with regular soap mixed with water.

liz
01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
You can buy foam dispensers from Pampered Chef etc... or we just buy a foam soap pump (softsoap brand etc) and then refill it with regular soap mixed with water.

I never thought to do this. What is the ratio of soap to water?

Pinky
01-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I never thought to do this. What is the ratio of soap to water?

It's sort of personal preference and depends on the pump you have but I think you can probably go as low as 1/3 soap to 2/3 water. Again depends on how much suds you want and the kind of soap. We always refill our foamers with regular soap though and it works just fine. If you don't put enough water in they are just harder to push the dispenser down but it will still work. :)

WatchingThemGrow
01-22-2011, 09:36 PM
I switched from softsoap to Dr. Bronners in the PC Suds Pump. love it!

wildfire
01-23-2011, 03:14 AM
We use Dr. Bronners to make foam soap, too. I get the Baby one (unscented). The one in the kitchen often does double duty for washing dishes, too.