PDA

View Full Version : O.M.G..So rude

marylovesbennyhill
01-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I took my DD to a bday party today. It was a simple affair..pizza, cake and ice cream at a little girl's house. A bunch of kids were set to attend, RSVPed and everything. Well, another invite went out,same time and day...for a party at Chuck E Cheese and some of the parents called the birthday girl's mom and took back their RSVP and said their kids wanted to go to CEC instead. How incredibly rude!!!!

scriptkitten
01-22-2011, 09:31 PM
that is totally rude.

ShanaMama
01-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Wow. That is beyond rude. But I hope it worked out well for you & you got to know the people in the group.

kijip
01-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh lordy, that is a rude thing to do. Once you have RSVP-ed as attending, show up. And if you are going to be rude enough to cancel to go to another party at least have the decency to not advertise the other party as the reason. Geez.

KpbS
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Unbelievable. Wow.....

Melanie
01-22-2011, 11:24 PM
I took my DD to a bday party today. It was a simple affair..pizza, cake and ice cream at a little girl's house. A bunch of kids were set to attend, RSVPed and everything. Well, another invite went out,same time and day...for a party at Chuck E Cheese and some of the parents called the birthday girl's mom and took back their RSVP and said their kids wanted to go to CEC instead. How incredibly rude!!!!

That is awful. What a poor lesson to set for their children, too.

golightly1118
01-23-2011, 12:51 AM
So rude-growing up, I know my mom would have NEVER let me back out of a party I had already agreed to go to, even if a 'better' invite came later (and given the fact that it always seems CEC is in the news for parent brawls, I don't think I'd let my kid go there anyway!)

niccig
01-23-2011, 01:05 AM
OMG..people actually told the Mum this is why they weren't coming!! My sister used to do this all the time, call up and lie why she couldn't go because she had a better offer. She asked me to go along with a lie and I told her I wouldn't and that if asked, I would say she was off with someone else. I HATE this, and it's one thing I will not let DS do. If you say yes, you go!

Maxlee
01-23-2011, 01:15 AM
How rude!

wildfire
01-23-2011, 03:25 AM
As a parent, I would MUCH rather the simple affair at a girl's house rather than CEC! And those parents are definitely teaching their kids the wrong lesson.

bigpassport
01-23-2011, 09:07 AM
As a parent, I would MUCH rather the simple affair at a girl's house rather than CEC! And those parents are definitely teaching their kids the wrong lesson.

:yeahthat:

crl
01-23-2011, 09:51 AM

So true all around. And I would be so hurt that my party wasn't good enough for them. I feel sad for the mom and child who were treated so rudely.

We once received two invitations for classmate's parties happening at the same time. We had already accepted the first when the second arrived. I didn't even tell the second that we were declining because of the other party. I just said "prior commitment." (Thankfully the first was a small party with only ds invited from the class so the second party was well attended by other classmates.)

Catherine

hellokitty
01-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Wow, that IS rude!

MomToOne
01-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I would be really hurt if another mom did that to me and my kid.

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Rude! And those parents are really failing their kids by letting them do this. They should be teaching their kids about commitment and being a good friend.

Beth

elizabethkott
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
That's just disgusting. Way to teach your child that it's okay to not honor commitments and that if something more fun, more exciting, more whatever comes along that it's okay to shove who or whatever aside in favor of "more".
Disgusting.

MamaSnoo
01-24-2011, 01:06 AM
:nono: Unacceptable.

MamaMolly
01-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Kungjo
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
How awful.

Melaine
01-24-2011, 05:11 PM
People would actually ask their kids which party they wanted to go to after responding to the first invite??? I can't believe it! I'm sorry for the first family, that would make me feel awful.

sste
01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Rude! And those parents are really failing their kids by letting them do this. They should be teaching their kids about commitment and being a good friend.

Beth

I completely agree. There is no way in h*ll my parents would have ever let me do something like that and there is no way I will ever let my DC.

What are people thinking?