PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean toys after sick baby??

tmahanes
01-22-2011, 11:27 PM
So B is getting over RSV that needed prednisone. I have put the toys that can be placed in the washer and dishwasher to be cleaned. How would you safely disinfect the things like his music table and things like that??

TIA!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

goldenpig
01-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I usually use Babyganics Toy & Highchair Cleaner spray.

There's also Lysol wipes and Clorox Anywhere spray if you want something specifically for disinfecting.

tmahanes
01-22-2011, 11:58 PM
I have lysol and cholorox wipes but don't really want to use them because he will chew on the stuff. Maybe I will grab some of the Babyganics stuff. Do they sell it at any B&M stores other than BRU?

Thanks!

goldenpig
01-23-2011, 01:07 AM
I buy it at BRU.
I don't know, maybe Whole Foods may have something similar?

MommyAllison
01-23-2011, 03:12 AM
If you have space and it wouldn't upset your DS to have some toys missing, I'd stick them in a storage area or garage for a few days or a week and let the germs die off that way, esp if they won't be hurt by freezing temps.

brittone2
01-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Wipe with vinegar?

Sit them outside in the sun for some natural UV disinfection.

RunnerDuck
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Honestly, I never have... unless it's something obvious like the child barfed on it... The germs will die off on their own accord in a few days, during which time the child probably isn't playing much with them anyway, and the odds of a child re-infecting themself with toys he/she played with don't seem very great to me. I tend to be laid back about germs, and we tend to be pretty healthy, so I guess whatever we're doing works out well for us.

tmahanes
01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Honestly, I never have... unless it's something obvious like the child barfed on it... The germs will die off on their own accord in a few days, during which time the child probably isn't playing much with them anyway, and the odds of a child re-infecting themself with toys he/she played with don't seem very great to me. I tend to be laid back about germs, and we tend to be pretty healthy, so I guess whatever we're doing works out well for us.

I am usually very laid back about them too but my ILs are always sick and have be sharing the "wealth." I have never been sick so much in one winter and B has had 2 colds which turned into ear infections, and RSV. It has made me a little more paranoid about it. What I really want to do is just follow the ILs around and spray THEM and everything they touch with lysol! :bag

essnce629
01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I've never wiped down stuff after an illness either, but I do clean everything with a 1/2 vinegar, 1/2 water solution and wouldn't mind if DS chewed on something that had been cleaned with it.

egoldber
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't. :)

lizzywednesday
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I have lysol and cholorox wipes but don't really want to use them because he will chew on the stuff. Maybe I will grab some of the Babyganics stuff. Do they sell it at any B&M stores other than BRU?

Thanks!

I've seen it at my Wal*Mart in the past. (I don't go to WalMart often, though.)

williamellison821
06-07-2011, 03:19 AM
It is better to use any hygienic and mild chemical to clean the toys. Small kids generally have a habit of chewing their toys and there is always a risk that the chemical may remain on the toy even after washing. I generally use warm water to clean my baby's stuff as there is no chemical involved in it and the toys also gets clean easily.