PDA

View Full Version : S/O spit or swallow TMI question

Melaine
01-23-2011, 09:22 AM
SOoooooo....I was talking to a girlfriend and she was telling me that TMJ makes that particular sexual exploit extremely uncomfortable for her.

And I was basically like, "say what? some people can do this without extreme discomfort?" So there it is, please respond for my edification,

Does giving oral sex make your whole face want to crawl under the bed and die?

mamicka
01-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Well, it doesn't do that to me, but I don't care for it at all. So I stopped doing it. I never did it to the point of spit or swallow anyway. Not for me.

crl
01-23-2011, 09:29 AM
SOoooooo....I was talking to a girlfriend and she was telling me that TMJ makes that particular sexual exploit extremely uncomfortable for her.

And I was basically like, "say what? some people can do this without extreme discomfort?" So there it is, please respond for my edification,

Umm, no. And if it did, dh wouldn't want me to do it.

Catherine

veronica
01-23-2011, 09:36 AM
I have TMJ as well but do not experience discomfort.

amldaley
01-23-2011, 10:37 AM
I have reoccuring TMJ issues and specifically, I have a very small mouth. It doesn't open very wide and I am tongue tied (frenulum is almost at the end of my tongue). It is actually why I had a C-section b/c with other issues, they worried I would need an emergency C-section or have an emergency issue myself & then the anethesiologist said they would not be able to intebate me quickly (without smashing my teeth out).

I am going to phrase this carefully....when I was younger, and my partners where younger, and, perhaps, not fully matured, it was easier and OK. I enoyed it as it is really a very powerful feeling.

But once adulthood hit, yeah...not so much. No, I can not do that without jaw pain. DH has only really been properly taken care of a couple of times in 13 years. Actually, my jaw hurts just thinking about it. It ends up being something I sort of try to do for a minute or two and then move on to other activities.

kijip
01-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Umm, no. And if it did, dh wouldn't want me to do it.

What she said.

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2011, 11:04 AM
I have some jaw things at times where my jaw kind of gets stuck and/ or clicks but it's not usually a problem during that action. When I was younger I was uncomfortable doing this but got over that quickly.

Beth

sewarsh
01-23-2011, 11:13 AM
i've definately gotten lock-jaw before from it, but its only temporary. :)

liamsmom
01-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I've never experienced extreme discomfort, although I've gotten tired. Like with most things, time and practice makes it easier and better.

wellyes
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Definitely not supposed to hurt. Is supposed to be mutually pleasurable.

Katigre
01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
:) n/m now

dec756
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
i love doing it and rarely experience any discomfort....swallow

bubbaray
01-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Is supposed to be mutually pleasurable.

OK, really? Because I'm 44 and I have NEVER heard anyone say that (IRL or online).

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM
OK, really? Because I'm 44 and I have NEVER heard anyone say that (IRL or online).

I agree with it though so there's one more. :)

Beth

kijip
01-23-2011, 05:09 PM

The only reason I do it is because we were able to make it mutually pleasurable. Call me selfish but there is nothing I am going to do sexually that brings me pain. We are either working it out so it is mutually enjoyable or it's off the menu. Now it is not as enjoyable for me as for him, but I am sure he would tell you the same thing about the reverse. Fun for both, more fun for one.

MamaSnoo
01-23-2011, 05:45 PM
It does not hurt. As PP said, sometimes it is tiring, so I take a break for a minute as needed.

lalasmama
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
i love doing it and rarely experience any discomfort....swallow

:bag :yeahthat:

Unless SO gets a little too "active" pushing it in, or I am coming down with a cold and have a sore throat already, I don't have any discomfort with it. And :bag :bag , yeah, I enjoy it. Go figure.

deborah_r
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Am I the only one who sat here struggling to figure out TMJ? First I thought it was a typo and supposed to be TMI. Then I thought "too much juice" (and I don't mean apple juice) These threads are putting my mind in the gutter, LOL!

I'm still not sure what it means but I suspect it is some kind of jaw problem?

AshleyAnn
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM

No I enjoy it. If it starts to drag on the mouth muscles do get fatigued. Is it the *idea* of what your doing or the actual *feeling* as your doing it? It used to feel gross/dirty and make me feel squimish but I got over that and am now totally into it.

fortato
01-23-2011, 11:53 PM
TMJ- Tempromandibular Joint disorder... think Carpal tunnel in your jaw.

lalasmama
01-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Am I the only one who sat here struggling to figure out TMJ? First I thought it was a typo and supposed to be TMI. Then I thought "too much juice" (and I don't mean apple juice) These threads are putting my mind in the gutter, LOL!

I'm still not sure what it means but I suspect it is some kind of jaw problem?

LMAO at TMJ= Too Much Juice

TMJ is the trans-mandibular joint. It's that spot where your upper and lower jaws come together. For some people, it "locks" up and causes pain.

MMMommy
01-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Sorry if I'm confused. I'm trying to visualize this.

kellij
01-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Sorry if I'm confused. But is his butt right over your face? In other words, is his back to your head? I'm trying to visualize this.

I'm totally confused too. I need a drawing. Seriously though, at first I was thinking 69 because head facing the knees, but I'm just not clear.

Oh, and definitely no hurting here. My suggestion if it hurts would be just to lick it like a lollipop should be licked. :) (rather than having to hold your jaw open).

MMMommy
01-24-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm totally confused too. I need a drawing. Seriously though, at first I was thinking 69 because head facing the knees, but I'm just not clear.

Oh, and definitely no hurting here. My suggestion if it hurts would be just to lick it like a lollipop should be licked. :) (rather than having to hold your jaw open).

I need a drawing too! I can't seem to get the picture here!

salsah
01-24-2011, 01:14 AM

i think it is like 69 but w/o the man necessarily reciprocating.

kellij
01-24-2011, 01:20 AM
i think it is like 69 but w/o the man necessarily reciprocating.

Isn't that the way of the world...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Isn't that the way of the world...

:rotflmao:

Katigre
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
:) n/m now

Corie
01-24-2011, 09:31 AM

I totally agree with you, Melissa!!

Melaine
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
No I enjoy it. If it starts to drag on the mouth muscles do get fatigued. Is it the *idea* of what your doing or the actual *feeling* as your doing it? It used to feel gross/dirty and make me feel squimish but I got over that and am now totally into it.

No it's the actual discomfort. I really feel like my mouth is too small and my jaw just feels like it is opening too far. I have had a lot of other issues, like pain with intercourse and I have long AF so we do this really often. I just honestly thought it was something that women did to please their men and it never occurred to me that it might not be uncomfortable for people.

So this thread has definitely enlightened me. I'm honestly shocked women enjoy it.

mamicka
01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
No it's the actual discomfort. I really feel like my mouth is too small and my jaw just feels like it is opening too far. I have had a lot of other issues, like pain with intercourse and I have long AF so we do this really often. I just honestly thought it was something that women did to please their men and it never occurred to me that it might not be uncomfortable for people.

So this thread has definitely enlightened me. I'm honestly shocked women enjoy it.

Melaine, I urge you to find an alternative. I don't think it's good for you emotionally to continue to do something painful to please your DH. :hug: Does your DH know that it's painful for you? Do you know the source of you pain during intercourse? What part of intercourse during AF bothers you? Sorry if this is too personal, feel free not to answer.

amldaley
01-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Melaine, I urge you to find an alternative. I don't think it's good for you emotionally to continue to do something painful to please your DH. :hug: Does your DH know that it's painful for you? Do you know the source of you pain during intercourse? What part of intercourse during AF bothers you? Sorry if this is too personal, feel free not to answer.

I agree with Allison that you need to figure out what is hurting during intercourse. I often have pain, too and thought, "Oh well, such is life", but a recent doctors visit enlightened me. If you don't want to discuss here, please consider talking to your Dr about it. It could be something simple, but it can also be a sign of something more serious.

Melaine
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
thanks guys. Sorry, I really wasn't very clear. We have almost completely gotten past the pain with intercourse. It's a long drawn out string of issues starting with my getting UTIs every single time we had sex anywhere close to AF. So that killed 10 days of my month. And I was having issues being super dry and every lube seemed to irritate my skin. I would often bleed...I got off BC but it seemed like I was allergic to condoms for the longest time. The doctor couldn't find anything and I was about to get surgery for endemetriosis which I really don't think would have helped and then we got pregnant.
So magically I stopped getting UTIs, We found condoms that seemed ok, I worked past some of my intense sex-related anxiety and I found the Diva cup. I think maybe the tampons had been adding to the irritation.
Then I was diagnosed with GAD and although Prozac helped a lot one of the rare side effects is inability to reach orgasm. So, of all the side effects guess which one I had? Oh yes, and I had "leaking of fluid" mid pregnancy and was told no sex.

Anyway, most of this is years behind us now and everything is fine. But I still rely on BJs quite often. It's uncomfortable, but I have no problem doing it. I really just started this thread out of curiosity.