PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, DH...

boltfam
01-23-2011, 05:00 PM
For some reason, I've been having a really "off" week. I just feel really overwhelmed with DD and DS and life, in general.

On the positive side, DH just got a new position with his company that he REALLY wanted. I was happy for him until I remembered how poorly he deals with change. He has been horrible this week, and he just got the position Monday!

He's usually more than willing to run to the grocery store on the way home or take care of the kids while I do dishes, laundry, etc. This week, though, I'll call him and ask him to do something, and his response is that he doesn't have time...oh, and by the way, he'll be home an hour later than normal. So, yesterday (basically the only day we have to just chill) he goes to help my sister and BIL move, which was fine. I totally expected he was going to do that all week, but I was really at my rope's end yesterday, and asked if he could be home shortly after lunch. Around 1 pm, he calls and asks if he can continue moving them when I tell him I would like him home because i haven't eaten lunch yet, DD just woke up and needs to eat, and DS is having a meltdown. He comes home ticked at me b/c I maaade him come home, the nag I am.

Today, I just let him know that I am going through a rough time. Instead of listening (tough for a guy, I know) he bashes me. "You complain, complain, complain yet you're up so late every night (11 pm) and you don't do anything to help yourself. Our kids suffer because of you...our family suffers."

Thanks, DH, I feel so much better now. :6:

DebbieJ
01-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh boy, do I hear you on this one!

boltfam
01-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh boy, do I hear you on this one!

Ugh! It's so frustrating!

ShanaMama
01-23-2011, 08:04 PM
That's really aggravating. I would not be pleased if DH did that. I don't know if you're looking for perspective or just to vent, but it sounds like he is just so overwhelmed he can't even look outside of himself & empathize. Anyway you could gently point that out to him? He might be more receptive if he can actually hear your (gently spoken, constructive) criticism & accept it. It sounds like he's wallowing in his own frustration & therefore lashing out at you instead of getting the point.