PDA

View Full Version : S/O Poll (warning possibly offensive!)

JMS
01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
I think If I don't explain anything and have a little disclaimer in the title, then the offensive element flies right out the window :yay:

jse107
01-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Well, I'm waiting!

ETA: Nice. Well, I only have BOB out of the choices you gave, so I went with that. Now, I did purchase a nice sheath-type thing that is to use to, um, assist with his pleasure. Best purchase ever. Quick and easy cleanup...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
http://www.goodvibes.com/display_product.jhtml?id=1-1-AC-BE02

Wahl Coil. Screw batteries, I go for the plug in model (play on words). It has been my friend for 5+ years. And the company Good Vibes in SF is amazingly discreet in the mail order department and they have GREAT stuff!

BabyMine
01-24-2011, 02:28 AM
I'm wathing this thread becasue I have never had one but would like to get one. We also want to try more things.

fumofu
01-24-2011, 02:46 AM
I'm on my 3rd Turbo Glider (http://www.goodvibes.com/display_product.jhtml?id=12AH23) from Good Vibes. A bit loud, but strong vibration.

I also have the Hitachi Wand, but it has a cord. Not as convenient.

I've been wondering when this thread will show up. ;)

AnnieW625
01-24-2011, 03:02 AM
never had one because the only times I was away from DH (then DBF) I always shared a room with someone (college) so I would've never had the privacy to actually use one.

essnce629
01-24-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm extremely lucky that DBF is very good and I usually have two (and occasionally three) O's in a row from just regular sex without the use of any devices. And when he's asleep or not in the mood-- I would rather just use my own hands instead of going in search of a BOB!

DBF isn't really into "pregnancy sex" though and when I was pregnant with DS2 I was super horny and ended up purchasing my first large order of sex toys. I'm sad to say that none of the vibrators got used and are still in a box somewhere. I just don't think I'm into them. I'm super sensitive and stuff that vibrates always makes me itchy!!! I did buy a dildo on a whim though and that was great! I named him Adam!

katydid1971
01-24-2011, 03:54 AM
OK I totally fall into the "What" category. I thought it was about strollers at first and was wondering what was offensive about that?!?!? OK now I get it :duh:

zag95
01-24-2011, 04:28 AM
OK I totally fall into the "What" category. I thought it was about strollers at first and was wondering what was offensive about that?!?!? OK now I get it :duh:

:yeahthat:

fortato
01-24-2011, 08:23 AM
I have one that I LOVE... but it eats batteries like there's no tomorrow.

fortato
01-24-2011, 08:24 AM

Could you imagine going into a Babies R US and asking for a Hitachi Magic? LOL

Dream
01-24-2011, 09:31 AM
I must say, I have no idea what any of those does. Never used. I'll look them up when I get back from work.

veronica
01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
I just learned this year that they are all available on amazon with prime and FSSS too!!!

MartiesMom2B
01-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Somebody PM me and tell me what a BOB is. I'm sure its painfully obvious.

daisymommy
01-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Whaaat? I'm in the dark.
Edited to add: Okay, just read the thread and figured it out!

fortato
01-24-2011, 09:49 AM
BOB-
Battery
Operated
Boyfriend

or

Vibrator.

lizzywednesday
01-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Another company to check out, if you're interested, is Toys in Babeland. Discreet shipping, knowledgeable staff and, if you're near a store, workshops and an inoffensive atmosphere. I think their BabeLube is one of the best water-based lubes on the market. (If it's water-based, it's usually condom-compatible, which is something you might want to keep in mind if not TTC.)

The last time I was at their Chinatown (or is it technically SoHo?) location, I bought honeymoon "supplies" and gag gifts for my BFFs there.

I'll have to think about how to answer the poll, since my particular equipment isn't exactly listed.

R2sweetboys
01-24-2011, 10:24 AM
I have an old BOB but I'm feeling the need for something new. Totally taking notes...

MartiesMom2B
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Rabbit. Get one.

fortato
01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
I had a rabbit... and I think I developed a stutter from using it too much.

almostmom
01-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Good to hear about the rabbit - I've been thinking about getting one for years, but am worried at that price I might not like it. But my fave is getting really loud, and I'm ready for something new. I'm looking at the jimmyjane line - form 2 and form 3. They are really expensive, but look amazing.

AshleyAnn
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Anyone know of a fairly quiet rabbit?

jse107
01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm wathing this thread becasue I have never had one but would like to get one. We also want to try more things.

Take the plunge. I watched threads like this for a long time and couldn't bring myself to do it until last year. I wish I had sooner!

jse107
01-24-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm extremely lucky that DBF is very good and I usually have two (and occasionally three) O's in a row from just regular sex without the use of any devices.

Seriously, can i be you in my next life? ;)

kijip
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
If someone wants something like the Hitachi Magic Wand but without a cord, I would recommend:

http://store.babeland.com/vibrators-electric/rechargeable-magic-wand

or an Acuvibe

http://www.amazon.com/Human-Touch-Acuvibe-Softtouch-Massager/dp/B0010EGA9A

kijip
01-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Also, for many women their partner's skills have nothing to do with enjoying or needing a vibrator to climax. Some women will not reach orgasm with penetration. I am lucky that I now can, but having a vibrator does not mean that someone's partner is not skilled enough. I got one years ago as part of my survivor's therapy (I could not engage in sexual activities without flashing back to childhood assault) and my husband and I used it to effectively get me to a point where sex was a pleasurable and feasible matter, not something I wanted but could not have.

mommylamb
01-24-2011, 08:17 PM
http://www.goodvibes.com/display_product.jhtml?id=1-1-AC-BE02

Wahl Coil. Screw batteries, I go for the plug in model (play on words). It has been my friend for 5+ years. And the company Good Vibes in SF is amazingly discreet in the mail order department and they have GREAT stuff!

So tell me, do we think this is the same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQS33G/ref=oss_product

kristenk
01-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Any links for the rabbit?

amldaley
01-25-2011, 12:15 AM
For those wanting to learn more, this website has some great write ups on how to use what, what the different types are, etc etc. I have not ordered from them but have read through their buying guides. I recommend cross pricing against Amazon.

http://www.blowfish.com/catalog/

jse107
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Um. Yes. I have this one:
Decadent Indulgence "3" Vibrator
http://www.blowfish.com/catalog/toys/inout_vibrators.html#t-cal-2028

amldaley
01-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Um. Yes. I have this one:
Decadent Indulgence "3" Vibrator
http://www.blowfish.com/catalog/toys/inout_vibrators.html#t-cal-2028

Did you buy from Blowfish? I feel like, based on their site, they would be good to buy from.

I had a bad experience earlier this year with Dear Lady or something like that. They sent me an item that was opened and CLEARLY dirty and refused me a refund without charging return shipping and restocking fees.

kijip
01-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Did you buy from Blowfish? I feel like, based on their site, they would be good to buy from.

I had a bad experience earlier this year with Dear Lady or something like that. They sent me an item that was opened and CLEARLY dirty and refused me a refund without charging return shipping and restocking fees.
Eww. Lordy.

Some great sites for toys are:

Babeland (women owned with brick and mortar in Seattle and New York, great classes too)
Good Vibrations (good ownership, I think brick and mortar in the Bay Area)

No used toys, discreet and clean. Don't feel like I am supporting people I don't want to with my purchases.

BabyMine
01-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Take the plunge. I watched threads like this for a long time and couldn't bring myself to do it until last year. I wish I had sooner!

We are going to try and go to an adult store this weekend to see if we can find something I like. We are looking to use it to spice this up. I'm to lazy to use it by myself.

lizzywednesday
01-25-2011, 10:37 AM
We are going to try and go to an adult store this weekend to see if we can find something I like. We are looking to use it to spice this up. I'm to lazy to use it by myself.

May I suggest that you order from Babeland instead?

They have a whole instructional section of their website (www.babeland.com) for figuring out what might be suited to you. Another poster linked Blowfish, which seems to be another good site.

The local "adult boutique" near me is really skeevy and I wouldn't have gotten my "equipment" if I'd looked there before Babeland. (And I learned about Babeland from my lesbian roomies. I figured they'd never go someplace that made them feel skeevy, so I researched them and love their philosophy!)

kijip
01-25-2011, 01:10 PM
May I suggest that you order from Babeland instead?

They have a whole instructional section of their website (www.babeland.com) for figuring out what might be suited to you. Another poster linked Blowfish, which seems to be another good site.

The local "adult boutique" near me is really skeevy and I wouldn't have gotten my "equipment" if I'd looked there before Babeland. (And I learned about Babeland from my lesbian roomies. I figured they'd never go someplace that made them feel skeevy, so I researched them and love their philosophy!)

Not to mention unless it is a local store like Good Vibes or Babeland, they usually sell cheap junk for not-cheap prices and it is a store heavily geared to men and not women. I bought a rabbit at that sort of store when I was not near Babeland during a college term and I think I paid half again as much and mine was a total piece of junk. At Babeland and Good Vibes you are getting your money's worth in quality.

fortato
01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Good Vibes is fantastic. They don't send you any extra things in the mail and they carry high quality toys....
Very classy for a sex toy shop!

tarahsolazy
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
I had an Acuvibe for years, but it died, and I replaced with a Hitachi Magic Wand. Amazon Prime, baby!

I bought my Acuvibe at a local store in Portland that was very woman positive.

I'm going to look at some of these links after work, though, can't have to much fun stuff.

indigo99
01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
I have a drawer full, but my favorite is the smallest and least expensive. Mine isn't exactly like this, but very similar with just a very small little "egg".
the bullet (http://store.babeland.com/sexy-gear/babeland-silver-bullet)

tmahanes
01-25-2011, 02:03 PM
If someone wants one but is afraid to order something.... I started with the durex pack of condoms that has a small vibrator in it for like 5 or 10 dollars.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

DrSally
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Drugstore.com has the Hitachi magic wand on sale for $49.99 (and there are $10 of $50 coupons +free ship for new customers floating around). It gets really good reviews (I don't have one) and seems to be a mainstay in this category.

fortato
01-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Drugstore.com has the Hitachi magic wand on sale for $49.99 (and there are $10 of $50 coupons +free ship for new customers floating around). It gets really good reviews (I don't have one) and seems to be a mainstay in this category.

Tee hee... Bargain shopping for a vibrator.

I love this board.

amldaley
01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Tee hee... Bargain shopping for a vibrator.

I love this board.

What's even better is that she doesn't have one, but has found a great deal for those of us who may be interested....ONLY on BBB!! *THAT* is why I love this board!!!!!!

DrSally
01-25-2011, 11:34 PM
What's even better is that she doesn't have one, but has found a great deal for those of us who may be interested....ONLY on BBB!! *THAT* is why I love this board!!!!!!

:rotflmao:
:jammin:

I thought it was hilarious when someone mentioned Amazon prime and vibrator with the same (or more) breathlesness!

amldaley
01-25-2011, 11:38 PM
:rotflmao:
:jammin:

I thought it was hilarious when someone mentioned Amazon prime and vibrator with the same (or more) breathlesness!

I laughed at that, too! My next thought was, "I wonder if that is part of the Amazon Mom program or Subscribe & Save?"

Naranjadia
01-26-2011, 12:23 AM
So is rabbit a generic term? ;)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-26-2011, 01:06 AM
So tell me, do we think this is the same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQS33G/ref=oss_product

It looks similar. I LOVE my Wahl! :waving4:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Good Vibes is fantastic. They don't send you any extra things in the mail and they carry high quality toys....
Very classy for a sex toy shop!

:yeahthat: Run by women for women their B&M store is very nice!

Uno-Mom
01-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Also, for many women their partner's skills have nothing to do with enjoying or needing a vibrator to climax. Some women will not reach orgasm with penetration. I am lucky that I now can, but having a vibrator does not mean that someone's partner is not skilled enough. I got one years ago as part of my survivor's therapy (I could not engage in sexual activities without flashing back to childhood assault) and my husband and I used it to effectively get me to a point where sex was a pleasurable and feasible matter, not something I wanted but could not have.

It was pretty amazing to notice your story in this goofy thread. That's awesome! What a wonderful relationship you must have...

kijip
01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
So is rabbit a generic term? ;)

Often imitated, never duplicated and all that I guess. :p

fortato
01-26-2011, 03:12 PM
:yeahthat: Run by women for women their B&M store is very nice!

Walking around the one in SF is like walking through Target. I could go in for one thing and come out spending $200.......
There's one in Boston now...woo hoo!

almostmom
01-26-2011, 04:29 PM
oh my gosh - so excited to hear there is a good vibes in boston now! this thread has really made me want to upgrade from my noisy and old acuvibe. but looking at the options on-line is a bit overwhelming as so many seem great - I really want to see them in person! we have a date night coming up, and dh and i will definitely be stopping by there to make a purchase. thank you!

(we bought my first toy together at good vibes in sf many years ago...)

shawnandangel
01-26-2011, 08:10 PM
I have the Rabbit and the hitachi magic wand. The hitachi is nice because it plugs into the wall but it doesn't have different modes where you can control the rate of vibration.

The rabbit would be perfect but it is LOUD

kristenk
01-26-2011, 08:40 PM
The rabbit would be perfect but it is LOUD

How does sound on the rabbit compare to sound on the Hitachi?

Corie
01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
If someone wants one but is afraid to order something.... I started with the durex pack of condoms that has a small vibrator in it for like 5 or 10 dollars.

I just saw those on Drugstore.com.

fortato
01-27-2011, 09:39 PM
I bet you can get one inside a box of Cheerios.

Corie
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
I bet you can get one inside a box of Cheerios.

Can you imagine how many boxes of Cheerios they'd sell??

Canna
02-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I've had my Hitachi Magic Wand for over a decade and couldn't be more happy with it. Works great, sturdy, like not having battery concerns. Best money I ever spent. Highly recommend.

JMS
02-02-2011, 03:52 PM
40% OFF .. TWO DAYS ONLY!!!

http://www.babeland.com/?utm_source=FLASH20110202&utm_medium=email

Elilly
02-02-2011, 07:09 PM
40% OFF .. TWO DAYS ONLY!!!

http://www.babeland.com/?utm_source=FLASH20110202&utm_medium=email

I just emailed this to DH as a Valentine's Day suggestion. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!