PDA

View Full Version : I HATE cleaning the kitchen.

Carrots
01-24-2011, 04:55 PM
That is all. I just needed to say that.

The kids are napping, so I am off to clean every room *but* the kitchen.

Katigre
01-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I am the same way...and just hired a friend to come and clean my kitchen once a week from top to bottom (dishes included). It is going to be worth every.single.penny (and she's pretty reasonable - $15/hour)

DebbieJ
01-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I am avoiding that very task right now.

KrisM
01-24-2011, 05:24 PM
What part do you hate? It doesn't bother me, so I'm trying to figure out what is the hate part. Personally, I hate cleaning the bathtub and showers and avoid those as much as I can.

kozachka
01-24-2011, 05:32 PM
What part do you hate? It doesn't bother me, so I'm trying to figure out what is the hate part. Personally, I hate cleaning the bathtub and showers and avoid those as much as I can.

:yeahthat: I can't say I like cleaning in general, but I particularly don't like cleaning the bathroom. For some reason I find having empty counters really therapeutical. In our family DH does majority of the cooking and as soon as he leaves the country (he's gone for weeks at a time), I spend 2-3 evenings cleaning the kitchen and putting things away. I don't like any kind of clutter, especially in the kitchen, but am for some unknown reason am OK with piles of papers.

Carrots
01-24-2011, 05:39 PM
I hate cleaning the pots and pans from dinner, loading and unloading the dishwasher, cleaning off the stove and the countertops. I have found that the Keurig makes a terrible mess and splatters coffee all over the place when it pours.

I should just buy paper plates and cups and use those disposable tin baking dishes they sell in the grocery store.

The funny think is that I do like to cook. I just don't like the mess it makes.

Carrots
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
For the record, I just cleaned the pots & pans, loaded the dishwasher and cleaned the counters. I feel better. :)

lhafer
01-24-2011, 06:16 PM

:yeahthat: I hate cooking. Because you never know if it's going to turn out well, and then in 15 minutes, everything's eaten and it's all over. Then there's the dirty kitchen/pots/pans/dishes to clean up.

At least after I clean up the kitchen, it stays clean for a little while.

Unlike the rest of the house. I vacuum/sweep/mop, and not even 10 minutes later something's been spilled on the floor.

jenfromnj
01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
If the kitchen is the only thing that you hate cleaning, you're way ahead of me in the housekeeping department!

DebbieJ
01-24-2011, 06:23 PM
I hate it because we're behind on dishes. The dishwasher didn't get emptied after it ran, so then the sink piled up with dirty dishes, which then meant I had nowhere to wash the pots and pans, so they're all stacked on the counter. Ugh! It gets away from us quickly. And I was doing so good keeping it under control! :crying:

WolfpackMom
01-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I would rather clean the bathrooms than the kitchen. I always feel overwhelmed with the kitchen, its small and things pile up way to quickly!

KrisM
01-24-2011, 06:33 PM
DH and I alternate dinner dishes by the week. This is his week, so he loads the dishwasher and does all the pots and pans and anything that was in the sink before dinner. I try to keep up on the dishes during the day to make night easier. I think sharing the dinner clean up has made me not mind doing it on my week.

I need to convince him to split the bathroom cleaning, too. I would pay someone to come and just do that. I wish there was a disposable liner I could put in the shower and change out every week!

scrooks
01-24-2011, 06:54 PM
I would rather clean anything than the kitchen. Specifically I hate wiping off the counters and emptying the dishwasher...HATE HATE!

KLD313
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
I hate it too, mostly because my boyfriend piles everything in the sink (like he's doing me a favor) and will not put anything in the dishwasher. I hate sticking my hand in bowls and cups full of nasty water.

tiapam
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I hate it too, mostly because my boyfriend piles everything in the sink (like he's doing me a favor) and will not put anything in the dishwasher. I hate sticking my hand in bowls and cups full of nasty water.

I hate it when people put things in the kitchen sink. I even get mad at myself for doing it because I plan to go back to a soaking pot or whatever and then completely forget. I am thinking about putting a label on the counter above the DW that says DIRTY DISHES GO HERE PLEASE or something. I prefer to load the dishwasher myself. If DH would load it the same way, that would be fine, but he refuses to acknowledge that I have learned how to get the best results.

I hate doing countertops. Mine actually hide dirt really well so I feel like I have to clean all of it because I can't tell what is clean and what is dirty.

lmwbasye
01-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh, me too. And I feel like it's all I do.

Every day.

All day.

Sigh.

Indianamom2
01-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I hate cleaning the pots and pans from dinner, loading and unloading the dishwasher, cleaning off the stove and the countertops. I have found that the Keurig makes a terrible mess and splatters coffee all over the place when it pours.

I should just buy paper plates and cups and use those disposable tin baking dishes they sell in the grocery store.

The funny think is that I do like to cook. I just don't like the mess it makes.

I am exactly like this. I love to bake, and I suppose I don't really mind cooking, but I absolutely hate cleaning it all up....because within minutes, it's messy again. It's never just done, kwim? But ironically, it's the one room that absolutely drives me batty to have cluttered (even though it often is).

Indianamom2
01-25-2011, 11:13 AM
I need to convince him to split the bathroom cleaning, too. I would pay someone to come and just do that. I wish there was a disposable liner I could put in the shower and change out every week!

Ok, now that disposable liner thingy is genius! I want one too!:waving4:

artvandalay
01-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I will clean your kitchen if you clean my bathrooms. I HATE cleaning bathrooms! HATE IT.

I kind of like cleaning the kitchen. I spend pretty much all my time in there, so I like it looking pretty spotless.

glbb35
01-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Totally in agreement. I love the way my kitchen looks when it is clean and since you can see it from pretty much the mail floor of the house I have to make an effort. Maybe that is the reason why I despise cleaning it. On top of why I am the only one who knows how to clean it? Third, I really hate unloading the dishwasher. Don't know why but that is my pet peeve. 4th reason is those stupid large pots and pans that need to be hand washed because they take up too much space in the dishwasher.

Bathrooms come in second but are so much faster! and you don't have to do them everyday like the kitchen.

B :)

golightly1118
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
It seems as though people hate either the kitchen or the bathroom. For me, hands down the bathroom is the worst room in the house to clean. We have hard water, so it's a battle to keep it presentable. Actually, I think putting away laundry is my least favorite household task, because our closet is too small for all of mine and DH's stuff.

almostmom
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I am not great about cleaning in general (though much better than I was a few years ago), but I actually like the kitchen the best. I feel like it's the place where everything has a home. The dishes all have a cabinet, and when I'm done the counter is cleared and easy to wipe down. And everything is close (my kitchen isn't very big!). Every where else has piles of papers, or books that barely fit in bookshelves, or things to do that I don't know where to put in the meantime...

That said, it does get messy quickly. But I find, once I'm in it, that the clean-up is a bit therapeutic and mindless, as opposed to the art room, or the laundry putting away with some random socks that don't go anywhere!