PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for supporting me, DH.

Carrots
01-24-2011, 05:10 PM
I am busting my @ss trying to raise money for our neighborhood playground that is going to be replaced in the Spring. We are seling raffle tickets for a 42 inch plasma television. I asked DH to bring 5 tickets into his work (private investment management company). He just emailed me to say that he doesn't want to ask because people hate being solicited.

Now, I know my DH and he is just dragging his feet on this because he is shy and never wants to "bother" people. I used to work in a simmilar office and we would always have coworkers volunteering and raising money for one reason or another. Our company was always proud when we would volunteer. Although, I never felt obligated to participate in everyone's fundraising, but I did contribute to several causes a year.

He is just taking the easy way out, so he doesn't make "waves". Sometimes I wish he were more assertive and not such a baby.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
ugh, that sucks, especially since you have been working so hard on everything. i haven't gone dealt with this situation but i feel your pain bc i can totally see my DH doing the same kind of thing when the time comes to raise $$ for DS's school or whatnot..i love my DH to pieces but he can be pretty shy and is often so paranoid about offending people (coworkers, etc) to the point that it annoys me sometimes. I'm on the quiet side too, but for things like fundraising (especially if it was for my child's school or it was some other charitable cause) i'd be totally onboard with polite 'advertising' about it (making an announcement, sending an email out, hanging flyers, etc). i too work in similar field as my DH and people are ALWAYS sending out emails about fundraisers left and right, so it's not like it's a rare thing. But i know when the time comes my DH would be the type to refuse to even ask about it bc he would be afraid of bothering someone or violating some rule. argh!

dhano923
01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Our office specifically has a no soliciting policy. Employees are not allowed to solicit any business from their coworkers. That's good because you don't feel pressured to buy gift wrap and such, but then we miss out on the girl scout cookies too.