PDA

View Full Version : highchair cover for WDW?

bearwithme
01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi,

We're going to Disney and I'm curious if anyone has brought with them a small packable highchair cover for the meals there? The one we have is a little to big when we have so much other stuff to bring to the park. And at home we use a small booster seat and tray, which is also impractical. My DD is 11 months and loves to feed herself.

Thanks,

Sarah

TwoBees
01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Haven't BTDT but the Fisher Price one is only $10 at BRU and looks pretty small (I have been considering it myself).

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4020341

alien_host
01-25-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't recall what type of highchairs they have at WDW. If you don't want to carry a cover, I would just wipe the seat and use TableToppers for the tables. I've found them much cheaper at BJs, about $10 for 50.

http://www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street-Disposable-Placemats-Reusable/dp/B000R7L80C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295970204&sr=8-1

egoldber
01-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Most high chairs at WDW are the standard wooden restaurant high chairs.

There are also a few of the gray Rubbermaid high chairs like these:

http://www.rubbermaidwholesale.com/images/products/7805_newdesign_lg_med.jpg

For smaller infants, sit down restaurants have some infant seat holders. And in some sit down restaurants, they have a few more traditional high chairs for kids who do not sit up well. But I would think one of the first two high chairs would be fine.

They wipe them regularly, but I always find that a pack of wipes to wipe down chairs (and faces) is never a bad idea to have at WDW.

hellokitty
01-25-2011, 12:31 PM
I have a non-padded WAHM made cart cover that I am bringing to WDW for out toddler. It packs down to about the size of one of those packable jackets in a pocket (it folds into it's own pocket). I do totally wipe down the table where my baby is eating though, b/c none of my kids can use those mats (sticky and suction cup ones), they rip them off immediately.

twowhat?
01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
That FP one does pack up small. But it does NOT stay on well unless you don't have a squirmy or curious baby who wants to rip at the velcro. We stopped using ours pretty quickly after we discovered they wouldn't do their job if the girls just ripped them off!

There are probably better ones out there. For us it was just much easier to wipe down the seat/table with disinfecting wipes. It just got too hard to try to cover up EVERYTHING baby could reach. And honestly after a couple of months we just quit wiping things down, period.

hellokitty
01-25-2011, 01:25 PM
If I were you, I'd got to some place like like, "Once upon a child" to check out their HC covers and get one cheap for this trip. They always seem to have a ton of them. And I agree, the FP one looks like it would be easy for a child to peel off, which defeats the purpose.

DebbieJ
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM
My DS was 9 months when we went and he just sat in the stroller when we did counter service. We have the P3 with a snack tray.

When we did character dining (our only sit down meals), he sat in the wooden high chair and I just wiped everything down really well with anti-bac wipes & he ate right off the table. I wanted to pack as light as possible.