PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pesto Recipe?

ohiomom1121
01-26-2011, 01:49 PM
My kids love Bertoli pesto sauce but it's $7 for a tiny container. I'd love to find a good recipe that's similar.

Tondi G
01-26-2011, 08:04 PM
this might work for you

http://www.chow.com/assets/2010/07/basics_basil-pesto.pdf

nfowife
01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't use a recipe... Just get a big bunch of basil leaves and purĂ©e with some evoo in a food processor. Add in a few cloves of garlic and some Parmesan and about a quarter cup of pine nuts and pulse until it's smooth enough. VoilĂ*!

They sell a big jar at Sams club for $7 too.

ohiomom1121
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't use a recipe... Just get a big bunch of basil leaves and purĂ©e with some evoo in a food processor. Add in a few cloves of garlic and some Parmesan and about a quarter cup of pine nuts and pulse until it's smooth enough. VoilĂ*!

They sell a big jar at Sams club for $7 too.
I tried to wing it a while back and it was bad...really bitter?? Not sure what was wrong that's why I thought I better find a recipe this time!

LMPC
01-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Yep this...and you can also throw in some parsley if you have it.

mmommy
01-27-2011, 09:22 PM

:yeahthat: except I sub in walnuts since I'm allergic to pine nuts. Sometimes I use arugula instead of basil (which changes the flavor quite a bit, but is still yummy)

lmh2402
01-27-2011, 10:11 PM

:yeahthat:

one thing to make sure though, after you wash the basil you need to let the leaves completely dry. i lay them out on paper towel, blot a few times and then leave them sitting for an hour or so