PDA

View Full Version : Don't want to jinx myself, buuuut

JTsMom
01-27-2011, 09:24 AM
I think we might finally be on the right track! So far this morning, Jason has said to me, "I'm not feeling well. Can you help me?", and "I want this to work!" (frustrated over a toy). He's very verbal, but so much of his speech is echolalia or scripts. It's pretty unusual for me to hear a request like that, especially when he's upset about something. Usually he just dissolves into a pile of whining and screaming. I might get something like "HELLLLLLLLP!" said in a really whiny, loud voice. Today he wanted something, and even under stress, pulled together his own unique speech!!! TWICE! In 5 minutes!!! :boogie: :cheerleader1::bighand:

We started seeing a new ST and a new OT, and they are both wonderful with him, and addressing issues nobody ever has before, and it might actually be helping! And he loves it there b/c they let him move the entire time, and cater to his style. :cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerle ader1:

I just had to tell someone who would get it. :D

I will say that we also finally started a GFCF diet. I don't think the two are related- I really think it's the new therapists- but you never know.

amandabea
01-27-2011, 09:52 AM
wow - that's great! :cheerleader1:

bigpassport
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
How exciting! Hope this means more progress to come.

lmwbasye
01-27-2011, 11:51 AM
YAY YAY YAY!!! Go Jason!!!!

karstmama
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Wonderful!!

snowbunnies300
01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
:yay::cheerleader1::yay::cheerleader1::yay::

Hot Dog!!! That is wonderful news! I am so excited for you, your son and your family. Here's to more meaningful speech! :yay::cheerleader1:

*From a mom who's been there and knows what it's like.

elliput
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM
:cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerleader1: Yay!!! Good therapists make a HUGE difference IMO. Those first bits of unique speech are so exciting, and it just compounds from here. :hug::hug::hug:

Gena
01-27-2011, 02:00 PM
That's so wonderful! How thrilling to hear his own words! :cheerleader1::hug: :thumbsup: :D