PDA

View Full Version : dear snow. and dear mom.

lmh2402
01-27-2011, 10:04 PM
snow, i'll start with you.

please do not come here again. we are running out of room to pile you when we clear our paths and driveway.

and you have a seriously depressing effect on my "social" life. i do not like feeling trapped in this house. on this lonely street. i do not like feeling like i want to hang on DH's leg when he leaves the house for work in the morning. and i do not like missing work because my mom and my nanny are both unable to drive to my house.

soooo...just stop. i don't want hate you. but seriously...i'm feeling the hate. so just peace out for the rest of this year. deal?

and now mom. i really, REALLY love that you love spending time with DS. and i also love that you watching him one day a week means we have one day less of childcare that we have to pay for.

BUT...when you tell me each week that "it might snow!" with the clear message that you will not be coming here to watch g...well that puts me in a really bad spot.

b/c what about the fact that i am supposed to be at work?!

listen, clearly i am not interested in "making" you drive out here if you are nervous. and i certainly don't want you to be at risk, or driving in dangerous weather.

so, when i suggest that maybe our little arrangement isn't really working out b/c maybe we need someone who lives closer and can be more reliable in inclement weather...

do not hang up on me in a huff. do not start yelling and screaming and trying to make me feel badly

trust me, i already feel badly. i feel badly that i missed work. i feel badly that i am stuck in this house. i feel badly that i am suggesting that you are not meeting my/our needs. in general, i feel badly. but this is not me being mean for the sake of being mean. i have to figure this out b/c i cannot keep missing work.

DebbieJ
01-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Ugh! I hate it when moms are not understanding!

goldenpig
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh no, sorry your mom is being difficult! :hug:
Have you looked into nanny agencies for on-call nannies? I've had to use them when my regular nanny is away or sick and I can't miss work.

jenfromnj
01-28-2011, 01:28 AM
I hear you about the snow! The mountain of snow in our front yard is reaching epic proportions, and we're beginning to go stir crazy from being trapped inside so often from these snowstorms! I will be so, so glad to see springtime.

Oh no, sorry your mom is being difficult! :hug:
Have you looked into nanny agencies for on-call nannies? I've had to use them when my regular nanny is away or sick and I can't miss work.

This sounds like a good suggestion if it would be possible. Especially since the forecast is not looking too promising for next week already, and who knows beyond that.