PDA

View Full Version : DEAD appetite...

Myira
01-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I just had a post about my all day nausea. Well, today I took 1/2 a zofran in the morning so felt a bit better till afternoon, but I still have zero appetite and bad taste in my mouth.

My intake the past few days has been ridiculously low. I keep feeling guilty from time to time thinking I'm pregnant and doing such a poor job of nutrition. But really eating seems like a punishment at this point.

Any advice or BTDT?

Indianamom2
01-27-2011, 10:46 PM
I've been there, done that with both pregnancies.

With DD#1 it didn't last long, and I never really had any morning sickness, just the loss of appetite. My appetite returned after a few weeks and all was well.

With Ds, I was horribly sick (migraines, vomiting, no appetite) and the appetite stayed away for a large portion of the pregnancy. It returned sometime after week 25 or so, but even then, I only wanted healthy foods for the most part (fruit, water in particular). I "gained" 6 lbs. total, but in reality lost almost 30 lbs. Ds was perfectly healthy and weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. I started out overweight anyhow, so it wasn't a problem.

All I can recommend is to make sure that you are drinking plenty (that is necessary to prevent constipation with Zofran anyhow) and trying to eat whatever appeals at this point. If nothing appeals at all, then try to make whatever you eat as healthy and nutritious as you can.