PDA

View Full Version : New Heinz ketchup - no HFCS

liz
01-28-2011, 05:38 PM
I was at the grocery store today and I noticed that Heinz has a new ketchup called "Simply Heinz". It has sugar instead of HFCS.

Thought I would post because I am always looking to get more natural products. hths

elbenn
01-28-2011, 06:24 PM
So Heinz has some ketchups with HFCS and some without? I think it's better to support Hunts ketchup because I think all of their ketchup now has sugar instead of HFCS.

liz
01-28-2011, 06:47 PM
So Heinz has some ketchups with HFCS and some without? I think it's better to support Hunts ketchup because I think all of their ketchup now has sugar instead of HFCS.

Well, FWIW, if you go to Hunt's website it says they now have a version w/o HFCS, so I guess both companies are trying something new.

KrisM
01-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Target carries Simply Heinz and I find it's cheaper there than our grocery store. Kids and DH say it tastes the same.

mom2khj
01-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Target carries Simply Heinz and I find it's cheaper there than our grocery store. Kids and DH say it tastes the same.

I was wondering how it would taste. Heinz tastes so much better than Hunts, IMO.

KrisM
01-28-2011, 06:59 PM
I was wondering how it would taste. Heinz tastes so much better than Hunts, IMO.

I do not like any brand, but DH will NOT eat Hunts, store brand, etc.

wellyes
01-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Organic Heinz ketchup is HFCS free, I think, and it tastes the same.
Hunts, yuck. I am a loyal Heinz woman.

g-mama
01-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Glad to hear Heinz Natural is just a good. I despise Hunts.

elbenn
01-28-2011, 07:19 PM
If you don't like the taste of Hunts, I totally get why you wouldn't buy it. I'm not a ketchup conoisseur so I don't mind the taste of it. I just like that none of Hunts ketchup has HFCS, and I wish Heinz would do that for all of their versions of ketchup, instead of selling some with HFCS and some without.

sariana
01-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I just like that none of Hunts ketchup has HFCS, and I wish Heinz would do that for all of their versions of ketchup, instead of selling some with HFCS and some without.

I guess the market will determine their actions. If people buy more of the HFCS-free version, I imagine they eventually will phase out the other kind. Unfortunately, many (most?) people will buy based on price, not ingredients. But with more and more awareness about HFCS, maybe the tide will start to turn.

mommylamb
01-28-2011, 07:27 PM
We like the TJ's organic ketchup. Not a ketchup expert, but it tastes good to me.

ohiomom1121
01-28-2011, 07:40 PM
It's on sale at Target for $1.79 for the 32 oz size-we've bought it the last few times and can't tell any difference!

boolady
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
We have it and are using it-- I'm not a big fan of ketchup, but DD hasn't commented on any difference. I did taste it once, and it tastes pretty conventional. I actually prefer the taste of Trader Joe's ketchup.