PDA

View Full Version : Getting annoyed

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2011, 12:40 PM
In the "my house is a wreck" thread from the other day I mentioned that I was going to have dh take the kids out today so I could clean. I very clearly told dh that I wanted them out by 11. They are still here. Sitting there playing video games. If they think I am going to feed them lunch, they are sorely mistaken! I said 10 minutes ago that they either needed to leave or start cleaning. Neither has happened. And me? I don't feel like cleaning while they are sitting around being lazy so I am being lazy too. Then I'll just be annoyed later that I squandered the day.

Beth

crl
01-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Argh. Start assigning tasks!

Catherine

Snow mom
01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I hope they're gone by now, but would it be too passive-aggressive to unplug the TV?

blue
01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Sitting there playing video games.

Beth

You could start your cleaning with the video games. If they are on the tv, turn it off so you can dust it ;). If it is a hand held game, take it away to clean the screen.

I would be very frustrated to! Hope they leave soon! If not start passing out cleaning supplies.

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Well, so no cleaning got done but the house really isn't that bad so it's ok. I, instead, closed my bedroom door, put dh in charge of the kids and finished the last 100 pages of "The Time Traveler's Wife".

Beth

teedeedee
01-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Well, so no cleaning got done but the house really isn't that bad so it's ok. I, instead, closed my bedroom door, put dh in charge of the kids and finished the last 100 pages of "The Time Traveler's Wife".

Beth

That's so much better than cleaning anyway! That's my favorite book. LOVE it. (although, I must admit I didn't love the ending...) I hope you enjoyed it!

MamaMolly
01-30-2011, 12:23 AM

Beth

Oooh, fun! I'm off to add that to my Kindle list...