PDA

View Full Version : parking at the theme parks

octmom
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
We're going to WDW in early April and are trying to make a final decision about lodging today. My parents are joining us and they will drive, so even if we decide to fly, we will have use of a car that can carry all of us. We are staying on property and have narrowed it down to Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club, with the Polynesian as a possibility that I don't think DH is as excited about as the other two. One of the cons on the Wilderness Lodge side is that I hear that transportation can be slow to anything other than the Magic Kingdom. If we wanted to drive to a park, like Animal Kingdom, is parking free for guests staying is WDW Resorts? I'd like to have some flexibility, especially if we are driving someplace for a dinner reservation and don't want to have to allow an hour for buses. If we would have to pay to park each time, this would be a bit of a nuisance.

cono0507
01-30-2011, 01:13 PM
We are planning a trip staying at wilderness lodge and renting a car. Parking is free at the resorts and parks if you are staying at a resort so far as I've read. So that's our plan too- skipping the buses.

octmom
01-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks! That's what I hoped to hear. :) I read something somewhere (can't remember the source) that had me wondering.

DebbieJ
01-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Yes, parking at the parks is free for resort guests. When you check into the resort, they'll give you a pass to put in the front window of your car. Then when you pull up to the park, you'll get waved through.

We were there in June 2010, so I am speaking from experience.

octmom
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks, Debbie. We just booked Beach Club and I hope not to drive around too much, but it's nice to know the option is there and won't cost extra. :)